Wheres our Academy?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wheres our Academy??

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Does every club have access to Academy kids. Because i haven't seen or heard of any on our radar.
The draft should never be tampered with. Apprantly pick 5 this year could end up becoming pick 8 or 9.
What has Gilligan done to our game??
Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast shouldn't have access to the draft due to the other 15 clubs having no access to the kids in there academy's.
Why hasn't WC got an academy?
The Crows?
Why and how do Ugle Hagan and Quaynoor ended up at Footscary & Collingwood?
The only thing that should stay is Fs.
If you dad or mum has played more then 75 games, the club has the right to select you 1st.
No more compo picks.
You lose a player, tough titties
You can match the offer and trade.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good question. I thought the academies were gone but now hearing Gold Coast is picking up 15 academy kids this draft. Brisbane GWS and Sydney also to get 7 each as per usual. Every club has benefitted from this except us.

Also why don't we look to get some players from Ireland. Seems every club has had a gun Irish or 2 except us.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Does every club have access to Academy kids. Because i haven't seen or heard of any on our radar.
The draft should never be tampered with. Apprantly pick 5 this year could end up becoming pick 8 or 9.
Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast shouldn't have access to the draft due to the other 15 clubs having no access to the kids in there academy's.
The Crows?
If you dad or mum has played more then 75 games, the club has the right to select you 1st.
No more compo picks.
Bris GC Sydney GWS have access to academy + draft because AFL wants to overtake NRL in their states
AFL don’t want :cupgold dynasties they want a different club winning :cupgold every year

• Angry

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
LeGood question. I thought the academies were gone but now hearing Gold Coast is picking up 15 academy kids this draft. Brisbane GWS and Sydney also to get 7 each as per usual. Every club has benefitted from this except us.

Also why don't we look to get some players from Ireland. Seems every club has had a gun Irish or 2 except us.
Forget about Ireland there's good kids in the suburb's.
Hide them like Collingwood does

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The Crows?
No more compo picks.

There was a book written many years ago the tile of which was sums up our academy zone. "We of The Never Never" Basically, we've never had a good player from it & we never will.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
My 4 yr old Granddaughter has seen more Premierships than my 65yr old Saints supporting mate.

Says it all really.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What happened to our NGA? Didn't we have central Vic or something like that?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The Crows?
No more compo picks.
A lot of good ideas there, zips, so the AFL will never implement any of them.

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mohammed Yassine part of the Houli Academy do we get first dibs on him?

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If you're Gold Coast you can match bids on as many academy kids as you have points for, wherever the bids come in the draft. If you're Richmond you can't match if a bid comes on a kid at pick 40 or earlier. So we wisely chose a zone where this was unlikely to happen.

1693291496253.jpeg

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Crows?
No more compo picks.
Some excellent points zippadeedooda

One that I would highlight as a big bugbear of mine is compo picks. North should get zero this year. They have more first round draft picks already than we have had in a decade and we have 3 flags. No compo for north please !!!

How much compensation did we get for rebuilding during compromised drafts when the giants and suns came in ? Zero, nothing !!

Compensation picks are a nonsense, run your club properly and you will rise up the ladder. We didn’t win flags because of special treatment, we won them when we got our *smile* together as a club

Reactions: 8 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Richmond’s academy is right next to the 1,309 free kicks that they have been robbed of during the last 7 years, the 275 fifty metre penalties they have not been given when opponents do the same things that they are routinely penalised for and the 96 incorrect score reviews that all have favoured the other team.

Oh and the 29 potential ALL Australian nominations for Richmond players that have been missed.

Find those things and you will find our Academy. There will also be a few hundred unicorns there as well.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Academies are yet another compromise to the integrity of the competition.

Imagine this, a perennial finalist and successful club by any and all measures is given exclusive access to a top 10 talent every few years regardless of where they finish on the ladder and all for the cost of a handful of junk picks. Well imagine not because that’s what Sydney get right now.

It’s ridiculous but no one bats an eye because of “developing markets” and “growth of the game”.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
We need to ask our Croatian conections at Richmond if there are any gun athletes in the Balkans who might be enticed over to our club.

We already have 3 with Croaian conections so maybe a few more may help.