Wheres our Academy?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wheres our Academy??

I thought Gold Coast was our Academy, isn't that why we sent Dimma up there to coach, to try and increase the number of quality players heading our way?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You would think those regions would be rich pickings
The Sunraysia League and the Bendigo League use to be Richmond and Carlton's country zones respectively. If Richmond had both zones during the old VFL we probably would have won a decade of uninterrupted premierships.

Reactions: 1 user
Is football still big in those areas....is there a reasonable sized indigenous or migrant population in those areas?

It might be our historical ground, but if the area isn't flush with the right demographics, it's like a empty mine.
I know when they were giving the areas up, we were annoyed we didn't get part of NT, as the club had been doing
a lot of work (around Alice Springs I think). I think they ended up giving the area to Melbourne.

Reactions: 1 users
Is football still big in those areas....is there a reasonable sized indigenous or migrant population in those areas?

It might be our historical ground, but if the area isn't flush with the right demographics, it's like a empty mine.
I know when they were giving the areas up, we were annoyed we didn't get part of NT, as the club had been doing
a lot of work (around Alice Springs I think). I think they ended up giving the area to Melbourne.
Around shepparton definitely