Who are our well known/celebrity supporters? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

MurrayValleyTiger said:
I believe that Marc LEISHMAN who won on the US PGA Tour yesterday is a tigers supporter.

From Warrnambool and supposed to be a mad tiger. Heard KB and Mark Allen on SEN refer to it several times. I don't watch much golf so I wouldn't know but apparently he has or at one stage had yellow and black grips on his clubs.

Pretty extensive list over 19 pages. Others not mentioned here include...Caro (obviously), Jon Ralph (Herald Sun), Michael Warner (Herald Sun), Matt Thompson (formerly SEN now afl.com.au), Paul Daffey (afl.com.au), Shane Perkins (Australian track cyclist, grandson of Polly Perkins), Carl Williams, Carson Kressley (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy), Gretel Killeen (couldn't stand her till I found out she's a Richmond supporter), Kevin Sheedy's mum (I'm pretty sure she's no longer with us but word is she refused to change), Vidya Balan (Bollywood actress), Stephanie Scully (character on Neighbours).

Others who are/were apparently mad tigers who have been mentioned include Froggy Newitt (jockey), Tim Watson, Luke Hodge (from a big tiger family and has said he still takes an interest in our games), Wayne Harmes (maintains he always has barracked for Richmond and playing for Carlton was just a job lol).

Footy-related there's obviously a truckload but off the top of my head David Rhys-Jones, Saverio and Anthony Rocca, Tony Liberatore (I nearly threw up when I heard that...then I just laughed).

After this it gets a bit sketchy. Been told that Michael Voss was but I'm not sure if that's true. Also been told that Aker was but that he didn't really care and more or less just barracked for individual players (lol why am I not surprised? Again no idea if it's true). Continuing on the Brisbane Lions theme I've also been told Justin Leppitsch was...I've heard him say he has a lot of relatives who go for Richmond but I also seem to remember hearing once he chose the number 23 cause his idol was Dermott Brereton so could be completely wrong. Finally I think I also heard Alphonse Gangitano (I know my guess would've been Carlton) but once again no idea if he actually was.

Haha no but they all count. Funny how finding out someone's a Richmond supporter makes me view them in a different light. Carl Williams...I demand an inquiry into prisoner safety in Victoria!

Where is the fun in claiming an underworld figure as a supporter. We know that all underworld figures are Carlton supporters.

MurrayValleyTiger said:
I believe that Marc LEISHMAN who won on the US PGA Tour yesterday is a tigers supporter.
It would be nice to see the club send him some type of congratulatory note or similar.
Maybe an official invite at a future game?

His grips are...you guesed it...Yellow and Black!!

The 16 year old tennis player is a mad tiger supporter, in an interview last week she was asked "what would you do with the prize money" and her response was to buy a tigers jumper

zippadeee said:
The 16 year old tennis player is a mad tiger supporter, in an interview last week she was asked "what would you do with the prize money" and her response was to buy a tigers jumper
Yeah read that about Ash Barty. Need to get an official link up with the kid n put us on the world stage.
Bugger the tennis fanatics, we could have the grog squad follow the tour.

BluesBloke said:
Trout from Woodend's apparently a Richmond supporter.

Nearly as good as Cheryl from Werribee - I actually met her recently and I can confirm she is as rough as guts and is an absolute die hard Carlton fan. Scary woman.

Tim Watson(was in the cheer squad I think back in the old days).
Hi Bomber blitz :wave

Josh Rix.

Triathlete training with Richmond atm well 30th Jan to be precise.

tigerlee said:
Nearly as good as Cheryl from Werribee - I actually met her recently and I can confirm she is as rough as guts and is an absolute die hard Carlton fan. Scary woman.

Not half as scary as barb

j23UX.jpg

I found another one! Interesting point on it as well.