Who do we select for our last list spot ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do we select for our last list spot ?

Who do we pick up for our last list spot ?

• Quinton Narkle

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • Kaelan Bradtke

Votes: 94 45.9%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Liam Stocker

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Player out of left field

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Doctor Who

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • keep a spot for the mid season draft

Votes: 33 16.1%

• Total voters
Archie May played junior footy prior to covid and rowed for his school the last two years in the 1st VIII crew. Also played 1st VIII football last year, the first year out of covid, so looks to have been juggling two sports.

This will be his first preseason of football.
Well he must be known to someone to have landed in our VFL program.
Let’s hope we can get first dibs on him but think we may need to hide him until the mid season draft if we think he’s got the ability to transition to the higher level.

There’s going to be plenty of uncut gems out there who have fallen through the cracks due to Covid who have the abilities to play AFL. Let’s hope Archie is one of them

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Let’s hope we can get first dibs on him but think we may need to hide him until the mid season draft if we think he’s got the ability to transition to the higher level.

There’s going to be plenty of uncut gems out there who have fallen through the cracks due to Covid who have the abilities to play AFL. Let’s hope Archie is one of them
He certainly looked promising last week.

Problem with that is Archie won't want to be hidden.

Put yourself in his shoes. He'll want to do his best to show his ability to all clubs (if he is indeed good enough).

Reactions: 1 user
To put Dudoro off his track we need to call him Arthur May

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Problem with that is Archie won't want to be hidden.

Put yourself in his shoes. He'll want to do his best to show his ability to all clubs (if he is indeed good enough).
Not if they’ve guaranteed him a spot.
That was the premise of my point. They’ll need to see him up close first and if he looks like a keeper, put him in mothballs. Training standards and athletic profile will all come into it.
Fine balancing act because if he’s not playing for us he’s probably playing suburban football somewhere for all to see. Perhaps play him in the VFL every week but out of position once he’s shown us enough?

Last edited:

100% Correct

The benefit we have over other clubs is to see him train and his work ethic as well as footy I.Q
The club and coaches are smart enough to know how much is enough and play him accordingly as well as having an injury of some kind 3 weeks prior to the draft

Put out 'Wanted' signs at VFL headquarters that the best tall defender in the competition at the mid way part of the season will be moving to punt Rd.
That's who and how I would fill that last spot.

A few people are saying this. Not odd at all for Leysy.

It is very clear from listening to George has been battling the mental pressures of the game to the extent he lost all enjoyment for the game and has impacted his life outside football. It has obviously finally got too much. You can't time mental battles.

He has also been very transparent with the key leaders at the club (especially Blair) on these for many months. It hasn't been sprung on that club and being who we are Blair would have supported him and told him to take his time and be 100% sure before making the call.

Also think the club was always considering keeping a spot open (if it had one) than take Narkle. Dimma alluded to as much.
100% agree. We find it odd for George to quit just prior to playing footy but we're not considering the human factor.
Its not about a love for footy as a fan.
Its doing footy as a job, especially with media and social expectations/harassment.

The timing seems similar to weddings, the closer to the day the more that its getting real.
How many brides/grooms run out on the wedding day?
Isnt it human to continue with the plans until the day of reckoning.
Its then that we confront ourselves and assess it internally to realise that 'nup dont want to do it'.

Before its the fun time, running around with mates without pressure. Soon though its the regular grind each week and the pressure to perform. If the head's in a bad space its hard to find form. Do I want to put myself through that?
Its noticeable that he tried to fulfill his obligations to the club, tried to keep working.
But it was when the games started up it pushed him to make his decision.

** I dont think George is running out. He is choosing a different path for his health. Good on him.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Scouting Notes: 2021 Vic Metro vs. Vic Country Under 17 trials

April, 2021

#19 Ashtyn Atkinson (Murray Bushrangers)

A real natural and crafty forward, Ashtyn finished the day with three goals from smart leads and positioning, but could have easily had 5 or 6 had his conversion from set shots been a little higher. The sheer amount of marks inside 50 he got was impressive, and highlighted his ability to lead to the right spots and get separation on those leads, with a quick first three-to-four steps being a big part of that.

1678185612478.png

Reactions: 1 users
He looked a good size in that game against Norf and from the TV if i was to guess i would say 197/198 95kgs
he seems to have no info on the net about his junior football

I wonder if @bullus_hit has any info
Don't have any unfortunately, seems to be tall enough provided he has the leap, the cut off for rucks is 197cm, anything shorter makes them a long shot for full time duties.

Reactions: 1 users