Who is our next captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who is our next captain?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
If Cotch hands it over before next year would have to be Vlaustuin. I don't think Graham is ready yet.

Reactions: 1 users

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
Flossy and Fridge. Both have extraordinary courage and seem popular with everyone.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That will do me.

The arrival of Lynch, and ex-Captain, changes things. Flossy now has serious competition for the captaincy. Add that Flossy doesn't seem to be a willing media performer and Lynch have be a head in front.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I know he’s 30 odd, but I reckon Sheds would be a chance, still has 5+ years left imo. If not Sheds, Lynch, so much presence and has been captain before

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Who’s the clown that thinks we should change captain now?
Cotchin is captain till the day he leaves punt rd. When he turns 85

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
id love to see Cotchin be a 3 time premiership captain first

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
A 19yo Cotchin once stepped up while the team was training in the gym and led them to pay a minute’s silence in respect to the ANZACs. A 22yo Cotchin thought about the significance of wearing #17 and what it meant to be looking backwards in history to such an extent, and reasoned his way towards a better perspective despite backlash. He’s always been courageous and thoughtful.

His footprint on our culture makes it easier for today’s generation of young players to be their own leaders, so the next captain won’t need to be as transformational.

Ultimately, Trent has reduced the burden on our next group of leaders. Several of our young leaders have the potential to grow into the role, but it’s impossible to pick without knowing them closely.

Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
It's when you look for a like for like replacement that you appreciate all of Cotchy's leadership qualities.

Reactions: 1 users