Worst team threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worst team threads [Merged]

Re: Worst Ever... A team of "champions"

Fair enough. IMO he wasn't going to get beyond a serviceable player. Another in the (until recently) long line of dud high draft picks for us I reckon.

I think we need to fit in Hamilton. not sure of his first name but he played mid 80's and his nickname was skippy. Half forward.

TigerGoneNorth said:
Ready said:
Greg Hamilton
1988-92, 29 games, 17 goals
b. 24.6.1968, 188cm, 84kg

We've had plenty worse than him.

yes we have plenty worse than him, but he is in this class... I remember one day he kicked about 5 goals in one game up at the city end. So there were 12 more goals somewhere

But having said all that - I admire any player who has played one or more games in the VFL/AFL - a great achievement. One of my pet hates is to see an overweight slug berating a player knowing too well that they would have never ever been able to bend down and pick up the ball.

Geoff Macillwain, Mark Stockdale, Dallas Kalms, Mark Summers, Wayne Peters, Mark Eustice, Paul Morrish,Michael McKenna, Chris Sullivan, David Sullivan, Brad Smith, Darren Bower, Jason Ramsey, Wayne Hernaman, Robert Schaeffer, Tim Gepp, Richard Geary, Brad Fox, Stuart Steele, Tim Livingstone, Stevan Jackson, Stepehen Jurica, Johnny Mrakov, Brent Frewin, Mark Trewella, Matthew Dundas, Stuart Griffiths, Robert Powell, Andrew Underwood, Daniel Donati, Nick Jewell, Mark Pitura, John Manton, Brian Winton, Alistair Scott, Terry Keays, Shane Fell, Michael Raidis, Ben Careless, Justin Plapp, Todd Menegola, Mark McQueen, Chris Smith, James White, Damien Ryan, Ross Funcke, Lionel Proctor, Paul Hudson, Simon Fletcher, Justin Blumfield, Ewan Thompson, Chris Curran, Shaun Gordon, Ty Esler, John Peter-Budge, Darren Keighran, Robert Wren, Des Ryan, Stephen Ryan, Brad Gwilliam, Todd Breman, Robert Walker, Matthew Francis, Shaun Slater, Adam Slater, Richard Lounder, Kayne Pettifer, Rory Hilton, Mark Chaffey, Shane Morrison, Tim Fleming, David Williams, Dean Notting, Chris Pym, Jamie Elliot, Steven O,Dwyer, Jason Smith, Aaron James, Michael Thomson, Michael Roberts, Craig Ednie, Brett Mahoney, Dean Notting, David Williams, Nick Jewell, Mark Pitura, Simon Dennis, Miachael Laffy, Gary Frangalas, Mark Mcleod, Greg Tivendale, Chris Hyde, Ray Hall, Luke Weller, Shane Morrison, Adam Jones, Chris Smith, Adam Smith, Sean Bowden, Ezra Poyas.
And im sure i could get more if i tried harder.

craig said:
Geoff Macilwain, Mark Stockdale, Dallas Kalms, Mark Summers, Wayne Peters, Mark Eustice, Michael McKenna, Chris Sullivan, David Sullivan, Brad Smith, Darren Bower, Wayne Hernaman, Robert Schaeffer, Tim Gepp, Richard Geary, Brad Fox, Stuart Steele, Tim Livingstone, Stevan Jackson, Stepehen Jurica, Johnny Mrakov, Brent Frewin, Mark Trewella, Matthew Dundas, Stuart Griffiths, Robert Powell, Andrew Underwood, Daniel Donati, Nick Jewell, Mark Pitura, John Manton, Brian Winton, Alistair Scott, Terry Keays, Shane Fell, Michael Raidis, Ben Careless, Justin Plapp, Todd Menegola, Mark McQueen, Chris Smith, James White, Damien Ryan, Ross Funcke, Lionel Proctor, Paul Hudson, Simon Fletcher, Justin Blumfield, Ewan Thompson, Chris Curran, Shaun Gordon, Ty Esler
Brad Gwilliam, Todd Breman, Robert Walker, Matthew Francis, Shaun Slater, Adam Slater, Richard Lounder, Kayne Pettifer, Rory Hilton, Mark Chaffey, Shane Morrison, Tim Fleming, David Williams, Dean Notting, Chris Pym, Jamie Elliot, Steven O,Dwyer, Jason Smith, Aaron James, Michael Thomson, Michael Roberts, 

lock away these names, throw away the key and lets hope we do better.

craig said:
Geoff Macilwain, Mark Stockdale, Dallas Kalms, Mark Summers, Wayne Peters, Mark Eustice, Michael McKenna, Chris Sullivan, David Sullivan, Brad Smith, Darren Bower, Wayne Hernaman, Robert Schaeffer, Tim Gepp, Richard Geary, Brad Fox, Stuart Steele, Tim Livingstone, Stevan Jackson, Stepehen Jurica, Johnny Mrakov, Brent Frewin, Mark Trewella, Matthew Dundas, Stuart Griffiths, Robert Powell, Andrew Underwood, Daniel Donati, Nick Jewell, Mark Pitura, John Manton, Brian Winton, Alistair Scott, Terry Keays, Shane Fell, Michael Raidis, Ben Careless, Justin Plapp, Todd Menegola, Mark McQueen, Chris Smith, James White, Damien Ryan, Ross Funcke, Lionel Proctor, Paul Hudson, Simon Fletcher, Justin Blumfield, Ewan Thompson, Chris Curran, Shaun Gordon, Ty Esler
Brad Gwilliam, Todd Breman, Robert Walker, Matthew Francis, Shaun Slater, Adam Slater, Richard Lounder, Kayne Pettifer, Rory Hilton, Mark Chaffey, Shane Morrison, Tim Fleming, David Williams, Dean Notting, Chris Pym, Jamie Elliot, Steven O,Dwyer, Jason Smith, Aaron James, Michael Thomson, Michael Roberts, 

Mate your living with way more hate than I ever imagined. 8)

Yes,
David Palm was a good player and should be removed immediately. Very good call on Lionel Proctor to replace Palm. Throw in Alistair Scott for good measure. I feel Andrew Underwood was harsh. I remember him playing only a limited number of games after crossing from Essendon and they were reasonable. Patterson and Sproule had such short stints that it is tough to put them as worst coach ever. My recollection was that Sproule wanted Jim Jess to retire as he had slowed down and then the Richmond supporters (and then Board) crucified him for this view. I say put KB down as worst coach purely on his forecast that we were going to be the "team of the 90s".

Bill James said:
craig said:

Mate your living with way more hate than I ever imagined.  8)

You have no idea Billy may account for why i am the way i am am out of patience in regard to duds, cos that my man is a variable plethora and im sure i missed a few hahahahaha :hihi
Hate of duds is what keeps me on the edge and makes me thrive now Billy. :hihi :hihi

richardlounder37 said:
Feel free to comment, but here is a team I came up with off the top of my head...

Richmond Dud All-Stars 1983-2003

BACKS Richard Geary Brad Gwilliam John Mrakov
H/BACKS David Palm Michael Laffy (v-c) Allan McKellar
CENTRES Jamie Elliott Michael McKenna Andrew Underwood
H/FORWARDS Justin Plapp Steven Jurica Gary Frangalas
FORWARDS Todd Menegola Richard Lounder (capt) Aaron James

RUCKS Steven O'Dwyer Matthew Dundas Peter Francis

I/CHANGE John Manton Ashley Blurton Matthew Francis
Brett Evans Brent Frewin Ewen Thompson

COACH Mike Patterson
ASST. COACH Paul Sproule

PRESIDENT Alan Bond

Recruiting Manager??

CEO???

Terry Wallace should be in the centre he came to the club on huge money and played only 9 games.

Daryl Cowie should be full back - he was last seen limping of the field with a fake hamstring injury after Simon Beasley kicked his 11th - Brad Gwilliam looked like he was going to be a player before he did his knee

David Palm was a good player - should not be there - Billy Nichols should take his spot

As for worse coach - at least Frawley took us to 3rd one year. I would nominate Allan Jeans who did absolutely nothing in his year at the club

Yeah, I think the problems with the club started after the good year of 2001, recruitment could have been better and I think it was that that led to the down fall.

It was good to see the Tigers in finals for my first year of being a member!

todd bremen could land a place in this side... big reputation when he came over from WC in the early 90s but did nothing!

Bit Harsh on David Palm, seem to rember he got BOG (at least for us) in a loosing night grand final against the blues one year, and Im sure one day at the G when Abblett kicked 10 we moved Palm on to him at 1/2 time after he had kicked 8 in the first 1/2.

Perhaps

Bruce Lennon or Wayne Peters or even Paul Barlow should have had that spot.