Worst team threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worst team threads [Merged]

Re: Worst Ever... A team of "champions"

jimjess20 said:
Bit Harsh on David Palm, seem to rember he got BOG (at least for us) in a loosing night grand final against the blues one year, and Im sure one day at the G when Abblett kicked 10 we moved Palm on to him at 1/2 time after he had kicked 8 in the first 1/2.

Perhaps

Bruce Lennon or Wayne Peters or even Paul Barlow should have had that spot. 

Will argue vehemently against putting Bruce Lennon in that side, Lennon was actually a very good player who was unlucky enought to cop a knee in his first year and played 28 games in two seasons.
Was the next Mervyn Keane but got cut last one to be cut when lists went from 48 to 42.
Unfortunately for him many duds got to stay but that has always been the case hasnt it down at RFC.

Wayne peters or paul Barlow or up t0 100 others would get a game in that side ahead of Lennon.

supercoach tw said:
Daryl Cowie should be full back - he was last seen limping of the field with a fake hamstring injury after Simon Beasley kicked his 11th - Brad Gwilliam looked like he was going to be a player before he did his knee

I remember Brad Gwilliam being a pretty good player as well. Was a pity when a got injured.

Slattery said:
I am so honoured to be named in your "team of champions" guys. Thanks, lol. :)

-Adam SLATER

That would be Craigs team, he doesn't find it hard to find more than a team's worth. ;D

richmonds worst team of players in the last 20 years

mate of mine is trying to put one together, names like strawbs odwyer , lounder , banik have been throw around, anyone want to have a go at it?

Re: richmonds worst team of players in the last 20 years

I'm pretty sure this was done last year or in '06 with all the usual responses ie "too many to mention" or "whole list of 1987".

Technically last years team was one loss off being the worst performed side in RFC history.

craig said:
Technically last years team was one loss off being the worst performed side in RFC history.

I always think of 1989 as the worst ever.

The year that RFC got Allan "premiership" Jeans to coach us. ! what a waste of space

including banik is harsh :-\

Pickers35 said:
We might have had good players, but I take this as a 'team' performance, rather than choosing different players from different years.

If considered as a team effort then I nominate that year's list that did not perform. Total waste & I stopped going to the matches after round 10.

Close second by a toss of a coin was the team under Frawley's last year as a coach. Shambles all round.

Last year we at least could see the benefits of playing youth so I didn't mind it.

what I was after boys and girls was a team made up of individuals that anyone thought were hacks, you the lounders etc, does anyone have one? or is there one from last yer the year after etc that someone has compiled with strawbs as ruck etc

A few have been done over the years Beijing.  I'll do a search when I get a chance and post them here.

On a different note are you living in China?  I'm asking because my son has just moved over there for 12 months and he's trying to find out how to watch footy over there and I thought maybe you could have some advice.

I found 1 thread of worst players and have merged it.

This is Deano's dud team from a time when dud was the most used word on here unfortunately.

Dean3 said:
B:  D.Dudaway A.Dudaway C. Newdud
HB: L.Duderon T. Zandud M. Chaffdud
C:  G.Tivendud K.Johndud J. Bowdud
HF: A. Dudora B. Duddens R. Dud
F:  A. Krakdud M. Richdudson A. Dudihan
Foll:    D. Rodud, M. Dudlan, G. Staffdud
I/change:  M.Dudgers, T.Dudding, K. Dudifer,
      C. Duddiscombe
Emergencies:  R. Hildud, C. DudKing, B.            Hollandud

Coach: FrawleyUDud!!!!!!
Assistants: Diggler, Laff
Runners: Harry, Redford

;D ;D

Work is a bit slow this afternoon...

2004 was a bit a Disaster watching the team fall apart.The second half '86 when the Tiges lost the last 8 games including a very dark day at VIC PARK. :(101 POINT loss and BT 10 Goals for THEM) :( :(

hopper said:
Would have thought Stevan Jackson was a better choice at CHF. Also, surely you have room for Athos Hrysoulakis. Chris Burton, Macca Banik and Mark Eustice are also slightly peeved. Well done, RL, a great concept.
We could field 2 sides

mb64 said:
We could field 2 sides

I think I said this before but Banik was not a dud. He wasn't a No.1 draft choice ( in fact he probably wouldn't get drafted nowadays) but he wasn't a dud. Injury and a lack of pace got him.

tigertim said:
I think I said this before but Banik was not a dud. He wasn't a No.1 draft choice ( in fact he probably wouldn't get drafted nowadays) but he wasn't a dud. Injury and a lack of pace got him.
I didn't mind Banik,1st year was good anyway