Wrestling/WWE (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wrestling/WWE (merged)

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com
Re: Wrestling Fans

I wont say much but from what I read Backlash had some killer matches in it and was a good event. Im going to make sure I get my hands on that one.

Just finished watching the Mick Foley dvd last night (finally) and I gotta say that he is an absolute legend.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

I've read both volumes of his biography, thoroughly enjoyed them. He had an interseting life & career. One of the few professionals in the industry to retire with some dignity.

Should add I've also read the Rock's Autobiography & Bill Goldbergs book. Liked the Rocks. Goldbergs jsut seemed to be alot of him saying how good he was, and how many people he knew, because he was famous.
He's a bit of a blowhard wanker.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com

I will say this...I read Hogan's and I felt that it was restrained. He doesnt really say what he feels.......especially about some issues. I havent got to Foley's yet.

Goldberg, I do not like but I will say he is a top guy. I had an encounter with him in Brisbane and he was brilliant.

I watched Hell in a Cell: Mankind-Taker.......Unbeleievable. Apparently Cactus put in a corker this morning as well.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

I would love to read an unedited, unsanitised version of Steve Austin's life & career.
Unfortunately, doubt that it will happen.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com

bigwow said:
I would love to read an unedited, unsanitised version of Steve Austin's life & career.
Unfortunately, doubt that it will happen.

I second that one...the man who single-handedly turned around one federation and made it what it was today. I got him in the Top 3 of all time.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com

I flew up to Brisbane to watch Nitro being filmed in 00. We got to the Arena a couple of hours early to suss out the situation and we got lucky....we walked aroudn to the main backstage entrace and there was about 7 people, including two little aboriginal kids who just had something signed from Bill. He was waking away and was about 10 metres back. We called him and he came back much to our suprise.

He took single-photos with all of us and a group shot....we thanked him and he said no worries.....and walked on. So we chanted his name......

And I dont rate him as a wrestler!!!! He didnt even care that the photo had the Greek flag in it...what a champ.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

What I'd like to know is when is John Cena going to get a shot at the title? This kid is the best, most charismatic wrestler since The Rock and they seem determined not to give him a shot. Honestly JLB V Eddie Guerrero? JLB is at best a mid card fighter. Cena has been fighting way out of his weight division and winning. Word Life!
BTW I love Have A Nice Day, one of the few wrestling biographies to tell it the way it was. Although if you want to read a real warts and all look at the industry and Vince McMahon's control of it try Sex, Lies & Headlocks by Shawn Assael and Mike Mooneyman.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com

Cena will get his push. Now that Lesnar has left and Big Show is injured, SmackDown is clearly lacking stars, hence the Booker T push. I think that Cena needs to do his apprenticeship before he gets a title-shot. Whilst I dont agree with JBL, at least its something different.

I have always said that Raw was the better brand and well its coming to fruitition. It will be interesting to see how the Judgement Day PPV goes. The Taker should appear....

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Have to say l am no wrestling fan since Roddy Piper left the scene...the guy was a pisser,but l saw a documentary on another old favorite from waaay back Jake 'the snake' Roberts
Very sad to see the abyss he has slid into and the *smile* he goes through to make a dollar these days.
So sad to hear how his sister was raped and brutally murdered by his stepfather.
Seeing him trying to wrestle in front of about 60 fat drunks in school halls in hick little country towns in the USA was a humiliation for the bloke.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com

Justin Bradshaw Layfield........

Farooq got fired so APA was split up, the put Bradshaw in a suit and made him a successful businessman from Texas.

Terrible angle.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

om21 said:
Justin Bradshaw Layfield........

Farooq got fired so APA was split up, the put Bradshaw in a suit and made him a successful businessman from Texas.

Terrible angle.

Bradshaw is actually a successful businessman. He was on one of the 'Money' programs. He is a very astute investor, and has turned his wrestling money into a fortune.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Rey is still a cruiserweight with killer moves. I find they've over choreographed his fights though. I love the 619, but do they have to work it so that he delivers it at least once every fight? You can see it coming a mile off now.
Where did Lesnar go and why?
I was glad the Big Show 'retired', I didn't dislike him, but you could see that with the way the poor guy hobbled to the ring that his legs were killing him. I hope a break will help him out, but as he suffers from 'giantism' it's not likely. It's sad when you see these guys come back after a layoff and they look dynamite: Kevin Nash is one and then after a few fights they're all busted up again. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see it happening to Edge too.
Does anyone else think they should have killed the Kane character some time ago? He is just plain boring now.
Another storyline I'm amazed they've never explored is Orton turning on Triple H, doesn't the kid want to step out of The Game's shadow? As long as he's part of Evolution that is where he will be.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Not yet, but I live in hope. She was hot, not as hot as Stacey Kiebler, but still nice. I think she and Triple H are still an item, too.

Fwoy

The Epitome of Lazy
Jul 19, 2003
Hawthorn

Steph and HHH are married.

Lesnar is trying out with the NFL.

Bradshaw is a successful stock analyst.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne

I was a big wrestling fan. However, I have kind of lost the interest.

Still watch it as my father doesnt have foxtel and comes over every Friday night to watch it (thats when Richmond doesnt play).

Its becoming too predictable.

Notice the guys from WCW arent getting the push they should.

I used to like WCW the best especially with the NWO angle.

If anyone is interested, I have some Wrestling DVDs for sale, if your interested send me a private msg. They are originals imported from the US and still factory sealed.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com

Must disagree....who deserves a push from WCW? There is not one guy on the roster who deserves a push from WCW that isnt getting one.

Re: Nwo Angle....sorry man Im a little dissapointed. That was a joke. The amount of duds they brought into that group and changing colours every year to keep it fresh....I mean with all due respect, your nickname on here is of a guy who had no in-ring work ethic and had a limited amount of moves.

The only guy I wish to return is the Stinger but without Luger....