Wrestling/WWE (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wrestling/WWE (merged)

Re: Wrestling Fans

Bad Blood PPV results

La Resistance vs Edge / Benoit winners via DQ Edge / Benoit
Chris Jerico vs Tyson Tomko winner via pin fall Chris Jerico
Randy Orton vs Shelton Benjamin winner via pin fall Randy Orton
Fatal 4 for the womens championship
Lita vs Victoria vs Trish Stratus vs Gail Kim Winner Trish Stratus
Eugene vs Coach winner via pin fall Eugene
Chris Benoit vs Kane (Title match) winner via pin fall Chris Benoit
Shawn Michaels vs Triple H winner in 47minutes Triple H

I cant believe that Bradshaw won the Smackdown Championship.

The Great American Bash was the worst Pay per view I've ever watched. The matches were sooo boring.

How weak is it that Bradshaw is the world champion ?

I'm not going to watch Smackdown until they crown a decent champion. Its only a matter of time before the Undertaker becomes champ again. The sotrylines on smackdown have hit an all time low.

I didnt watch the GAB but I heard it was pretty bad. Look SmackDown was slowly improving or so I thought with the UT and the Dudleyz and the like...I mean the roster isnt bad at all considering you got RVD, Booker, Cena and Dupree as solid mid-carders. 2 (maybe all) need to step up to main event status.

Im shocked that Eddie dropped the belt to JBL. I dont know, maybe they thought that a title change might spruce things up, I expect Eddie to win it back and defend it against the Taker come Slam.

I cant understand why Bradshaw has got such a big push.

I'd like to see RVD or the Undertaker win it.

The storylines are dreadful on smackdown.

so why did this thread die?

i don't really have much to contribute since I haven't watched wrestling for a few weeks now... but Norman Smiley rules 8)

Norman Smiley was wrestling's equivalent of a DUD. If I never see him again I'll be happy.
Isn't it about time Orton took the RAW title off HHH?
And when is someone other than Bradshaw going to become the Smackdown champion? Hopefully Cena at Wrestlemania, he is the most charismatic guy in pro wrestling today. Word LIFE!

Good revival, Otis.

I've never really followed wrestling that closely, but when I'm at a mate's with foxtel, I try to get catch up with all the news.
When I lose touch for too long, I get back into the old wrestling video games, like WCW vs NWO revenge! What a classic!

So who's bashin who now?

Curtis :)

man, wrestling today is slow. JBL as champion is a shame. I'd like to see Carlito Carribean Cool as champion, he's funny. I also feel bad for saying this, but Eugene is my favourite wrestler. He cracks me up.

JBL as champion is a disgrace.

Smackdown has really gone down the drain, just like their ratings.

Its bad enough that JBL is champion, but for some 7 - 8 months now is shocking.

Restore The Undertaker or John Cena as Champ. Let Smackdown have some creditability.

RAW kicks butt. Mind you its also time a new champion is crowned on RAW also.

Its a shame that the matches have become too predictiable.

I am a massive wrestling fan but have to admit I haven't watched it for at least a year. My mate told me about Bradshaw on the weekend and I was dumbfounded that a king jobber like him is champ. I am getting my foxtel back soon so I will be able to catch up.
Batista is an animal. I met him at Fan Frenzy in 2003 and he is massive - he put me in a headlock that nearly broke my neck.
I do have some wrestling memorabilia including The Rock's elbow pad that I caught when he threw it to the crowd during the People's elbow. I have also had the pleasure of meeting Ray Mysterio Jnr, Stacey Kiebler, Rakishi, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarret, Batista and Test to name a few.

wicked a wrestling thread!

im a big fan, my fav wrestlers are jericho, hurricane, eddie, kurt angle, benoit, edge and christian.

my best mate is actually going to canada to train to be a professional wrestler, he's being trained at the dungeon, and for those who know, its the best there is, best there was, and the best there ever will be in terms of skill.

so yeah, good work whoever started this thread!

Good luck to your friend Doolz. I saw a documentary on the Dungeon once and Stu Hart (RIP) was one of the hardest blokes I've ever seen. His training and work regime was A1. I'm tipping your friend is going to feel ever muscle in his body and then some.

I think (at least I hope) that Wrestlemania will see new champions for RAW and Smackdown. Batista to destroy HHH and take that title and finally break the hold that Evolution has had on the title. Cena to fulfil his destiny and FU JBL, possibly the worst champion that the WWE has ever crowned. Hopefully that will send JBL back to the stockmarket. I know I'm in the minority here, but I've always preferred Smackdown to RAW. Smackdown has the 2 wrestlers I most like to watch: Rey Mysterio and John Cena, Mysterio for his moves, absolutely awesome and Cena for the personality and passion that he puts into his performances.

I really hope Batista beats Triple H.

I agree that it's agree time Batista leaves the Evolution. Triple H was holding Batista back.

Would be great if Cena beat JBL. JBL would have to go down as the worst champ since Jeff Jarret.

Was watching Wrestlemania 20 on DVD the other day. Noticed two guys wearing a Richmond footy jumper in the crowd near ringside.

nwonash said:
JBL would have to go down as the worst champ since Jeff Jarret.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Jeff Jarret was a great champion and was one of the most respected wrestlers ever to do the circuit. He won all the major heavyweight belts in the amateur leagues before he was 24. He had some awesome feuds with Razor Ramon in the WWF then teamed with the 4 Horseman for some great matches against the NWO. He was the only wrestler to successfully switch from both major leagues twice over. He was a great WCW champ and one of the only ones worth watching (along with Steiner and Booker T) when the league was starting to go by the wayside.

Jarret = Ratings.

Does anyone know if Lesnar made it in the NFL? If he didn't can he please come back to wrestling? He is sorely missed! There's no one else with his sheer agression and strength.

CarnTheTiges said:
Does anyone know if Lesnar made it in the NFL? If he didn't can he please come back to wrestling? He is sorely missed! There's no one else with his sheer agression and strength.

hehe Lesnar is currently suing WWE and Vince McMahon apparently because of a clause on his contract. Apparently Lesnar agreed when he quit WWE (as per the contract) that he would not perform with any other sports entertainment, professional wrestling or Ultimate Fighting company until June 30, 2010 (as per his WWE contract).

Lesnar didn't make it in pro football, he probably wants to wrestle again but isn't interested in wrestling with WWE so he's looking for alternatives (by trying to get rid of this clause from his WWE contract).

Lesnar will come off 2nd best in that battle. Vinnie Mac is ruthless. Lesnar shouldn't have put all his eggs in the one basket. More to the point - he should have stuck with a sure thing.

paper tiger said:
Lesnar will come off 2nd best in that battle. Vinnie Mac is ruthless. Lesnar shouldn't have put all his eggs in the one basket. More to the point - he should have stuck with a sure thing.

yep yep, Vinnie Mac is one of the greatest business men of all time... Lesnar is a meathead.