Wrestling/WWE (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wrestling/WWE (merged)

Re: Wrestling Fans

Huge wrestling fan myself. Faves are Cena, Rey, Edge, Hurricane. Cannot stand HHH, Benoit, Michaels they bore me to tears. Has anyone been to the events? I went to Global Warning and Ruthless Agression.At Ruthless the last match everyone was chanting BORING!!!! it was that bad. Global was better, we saw Christian and Hurricane in Crown food courts after Fan Frenzy-ha me, my brother and 2 of our mates took the day off school to go to fan frenzy lol. Last year no luck year 12 too important. Have read both of Foleys books, as well as the Rocks, Chynas and beginning to read Angle's. Enjoyed the Angle-HHH-Steph story line. Christians a funny bugger. Recently watched Monday Night Wars and found it interesting-I didnt get into wrestling til about 5 years ago so I didnt know much of the WCW antics I tried to watch it once but it was BORING lol. Favourite PPV would have to be Survivor Series WCW/ECW vs WWF. Agree it is becoming too predictable and boring of late, the reason I havent been tuning in as regularly. Eugene is cool!!!!

Stone Cold Steve Austin was departed ways with WWE. He may return in the future.

The NWO angle is what got WCW winning the ratings. Unfortunately if Vince McMahon doesnt think up an idea, it doesnt get the push.

The NWO angle would have worked if it got pushed more. Vince ruined it by having Hogan turn a goodie. When they were only beginning.

Triple H is the most boring wrestling ever. Its only because in real life he is married to Stephanie McMahon that what he says goes.

Triple H has limited moves (like many others) and when he loses, its usually to outside interference.

Scott Stiener is a great wrestler and the WWE made him look like a loser as punishment for working for WCW. I cant understand why RVD isnt given more of a push.

The Undertaker should remain a bad guy as should HBK and Chris Jerico.

WWE should also find someone else to write the storylines as they are too predictable and plain boring.

Ellyse said:
Eugene is cool!!!! 

Eugene is one of the few things that still makes me laugh on WWE these days. It helps that he has William Regal with him, as I've always found him a crack up. Jericho/Christian/Trish, Tajiri and Randy Orton also keep me entertained. Stacey Kiebler keeps me entertained for different reasons ;) Edge was better when he was goofy...like when he described a match as b-r-utal!

Have to admit to being a fan of the French guy on Smackdown too (name escapes me atm). Him and Cena are the only real reason to check that show out at all anymore. The French Tickler and the Five Knuckle Shuffle - two of he funniest names for moves in ages. Having said that, Cena is a shadow of his former self, and was really better suited to the role of heel.

Ellyse, if you could have seen Jericho in WCW, you would have seen the birth of one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time. In a time of nothing but crap (read: Goldberg, NWO after it's expansion past six xharacters etc) Jericho was a breath of fresh air. His arrival on WWF and immediate verbal stoush with the Rock was truly entertaining as well.

...and yes, I went to both the live WWE shows too...although all I could think after both shows was that 99% of the crowd were freaks. :eek:

All-time favourites include Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, Scott Hall, HBK and Ric Flair. These days though, I tend to only skim through the matches on fast forward and watch the promos/sketches.

HAHAHAH This is the funniest thing I have read......You've got someone calling Triple H useless in the ring yet praising Scott Steiner.....how ironic. Its so ironic that I aint going to comment further....its just clear that you are a WCW fan bitter at the destruction of one of the most boring companies ever...how many masked-men angles did they use?

Yeah I didnt think that Global warning was that good for some reason. Something about a house show here that just stinks of lack of interest from the wrestlers. Its hard to fire up for it....I enjoyed Ruthless a bit more but even though I dislike WCW I still flew up to Brisbane for the nitro, got 6th row tickets and loved the show even though it was just pathetic some of the matches.

If you look close enough, you can see me on TV heaps of times....

not bitter on the WCW at all.

Sick of Triple H getting such a big push. Further more, would love to see nothing more than Rick Flair leave wrestling. Some people just dont know when to give up.

I cant understand under Bastita (however his name is spelt) isnt given more of a push ahead of Triple H.

I dont like the Kane angle, would like the see the Undertaker wrestle more.

Its a shame that the Rock is more focused on making movies. The Rock is one of the best speaking wrestling.

Heard that Norman Smiley has been given a trail, hope they arent surious able signed such a loser.

Its a shame that WWE havent tried getting one of the greatest wrestlers in Subu. I used to refer ECW to WWF and WCW. Much more hardcore and more entertaining.

Thought that Scott Steiner played one of the best bad guys, wasnt used properly and believe that he has departed ways with WWE.

Just reckon that its always the same wrestlers that are being pushed. Time for some new blood.

The past few PPV have been shocking to say the least. Vince McMahon should employer some new writers for new scripts, not just recycling past gimmicks.

Except Shawn Michaels to lose to Triple H.

Shawn Michaels wife is expecting a baby and its rumored that Michaels will have a 3 month break.

It will be a shame as Michaels is one of the most entertaining wrestlers. Both in and out of ring.

Word has it the Sting is close to signing with WWE. Its been a rumor for sometime now.

I must say that I disagree with a lot of what you say. I really am getting pissed at the mainstream view that HHH is only getting a push bc of his relationship. Fact of the matter is he is a damn hard worker in the ring and is entertaining to watch.

Yeah I dont buy the Sting rumour. I have heard it too many times to get sucked in again but I do say that I would love to see him back...he is a legend.

I'd really like to see Evolution turn on Rick Flair.

Let the legend killer Randy Orton kill another legend.

Hey, can I ask do you guys prefer Raw or Smackdown ?

I personally prefer Raw. Story lines are alittle better, but has the better wrestlers.

I should have stayed home and watched Smackdown tonight instead of going to see us get smashed by the Kangas.

At least Smackdown would of been more entertaining.

nwonash said:
I'd really like to see Evolution turn on Rick Flair.

Let the legend killer Randy Orton kill another legend.

Hey, can I ask do you guys prefer Raw or Smackdown ?

I personally prefer Raw.  Story lines are alittle better, but has the better wrestlers.

I would like to see Evolution stick around for a few more months and eventually bring in another faction to fued with to extend it for another 6-months. Then once they have been around for a while, it may be right to break them up with Orton-HHH similar to the nation and Rock/Farooq but obviously you have two bigger names here who could headline PPVs.

Ive always prefered to watch Raw even when SmackDown was superior....dont know why.

Chris Benoit is set to defend his title against Edge.

I'd except Benoit to remain WWE Champion.

Edge is certainly been given a hughe push. Mind you he does work a good match.

However, the main event in my opinion is Triple H v Shawn Michaels. Who will win this match ?

Michael is expected to have a stint off, as his wife is due to give birth. While Triple H is not going to be around while filming a new movie.

Benoit is actually fighting Kane.....

But with HHH/Michaels, well if they are both having time off, maybe they could call a no-contest. Make them brutally beat each other to the point where no one can stand up, say they have serious injuries and give them their time off....although I beleive Michaels should win this one.

actually I stuffed up, next Pay per view will be Beniot v Edge.

This meaning that Beniot will beat Kane at Bad Blood.

I reckon that Triple H v Shawn Michaels will become one of the best fights ever.

Shawn Michaels is one of the greatest wrestling superstars of all time. He can do it all in the ring.

have they confirmed which venue will be used ?

They had the biggest turn out when they held the Global Warning in Melbourne. Hopefully it will be in Melbourne. If so, I'll be there.

Shame that RAW isnt touring. However, they have bring a few RAW stars along anyway.

It's @ Vodaphone I believe. I'll be going, even tho Smackdown is pretty dodgy, my fave wrestlers, Cena and Rey will be there! Mysterio is awesome.

Vodafone is confirmed as the venue. They are touring Syd, Melb and Bris in that order. All three places are house shows.

Had they been televised, I would have gone to all three (as I did for the Brisbane nitro in 00).