Wrestling/WWE (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wrestling/WWE (merged)

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
I thought it was terrible news that all three members were dead and i did feel for Chris ... until i read that he killed them both, what an absolute to**a.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
they said his wife filed for divorce in 2003 but withdrew this possibly out of fear. his son also suffered from fragile x syndrome, which is a lot for a parent to deal with so after he killed his wife (for whatever reason) perhaps he didn't want his son to be parent-less and felt that nobody would be able to care for the kid properly. Both the divorce and the child's medical condition were kept a secret from the public and from all of his work colleagues until now.

wikipedia has all the information archived in articles if you cant get the videos to work on wwe.com

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Shocking story, have been following it all week.

This will damage the WWE brand for a long time. And make no mistake these buffons in the ring are a billion dollar business. This will damage the the mainstream of wrestling for a long long time.

Very sad.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Otis said:
they said his wife filed for divorce in 2003 but withdrew this possibly out of fear. his son also suffered from fragile x syndrome, which is a lot for a parent to deal with so after he killed his wife (for whatever reason) perhaps he didn't want his son to be parent-less and felt that nobody would be able to care for the kid properly. Both the divorce and the child's medical condition were kept a secret from the public and from all of his work colleagues until now.

wikipedia has all the information archived in articles if you cant get the videos to work on wwe.com
Personally once I found out that Benoit had actually done this I felt that he had just snapped. I know the WWE have denied this, but abuse of steroids has to come into this. No one could look at Benoit and say that build was achieved totally naturally. I wouldn't be surprised if steroids also played a part in the unfortunate death of Eddie Guerrero. It would appear that the WWE once again has to clean it's house of steroids.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
guerrero wasn't built as large... but i'm sure most wrestlers have been on the juice at some stage. guerrero was always a smaller build and his body mass gradually grew as he got older. His death was due to years of alcoholism and drug (non-steroid) abuse.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The 50 dumbest wrestling moments ever

http://www.thewrestlingfan.com/dumbest1.html

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Pro Rasslin' Thread

After seeing the Mr Perfect photo on the Chimp thread and the wwe comments that followed I thought I would kick off a wwf related nostalgia thread.

My old man taped the first Wrestlemania for me way back in 1985 and I was hooked straight away (8 at the time). I remember my parents used to record the wwf when it was on every week, but wouldn't let me watch the story where Randy Savage injured Ricky Steamboats throat. Too violent for me at that age.

I was into it until the early 90's, started as a Hulkamaniac but then became a huge Ultimate Warrior fan. Gave up on wrestling and the gone back into it through the NWO and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stopped watching again in the mid 00's, except for going to a couple of WWE tours in Australia with my young fella.

Please share your wwf/wcw memories.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Re: Pro Rasslin' Thread

tbartiger said:
After seeing the Mr Perfect photo on the Chimp thread and the wwe comments that followed I thought I would kick off a wwf related nostalgia thread.

My old man taped the first Wrestlemania for me way back in 1985 and I was hooked straight away (8 at the time). I remember my parents used to record the wwf when it was on every week, but wouldn't let me watch the story where Randy Savage injured Ricky Steamboats throat. Too violent for me at that age.

I was into it until the early 90's, started as a Hulkamaniac but then became a huge Ultimate Warrior fan. Gave up on wrestling and the gone back into it through the NWO and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stopped watching again in the mid 00's, except for going to a couple of WWE tours in Australia with my young fella.

Please share your wwf/wcw memories.

Back in the day I loved the WWF and even WCW, it's not as good as it used to be.....maybe I just grew out of it.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Don't really know why, but my favs were Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

And I loved it when anyone creamed one of the British Bulldogs.

Tommo37

Tiger Superstar
Aug 16, 2011
Streak said:
Don't really know why, but my favs were Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

I used to like the Killer Bees because they wore tiger colours, just love the story lines that happen now, Daniel Bryon and Kane anger management cracks me up.

My all time favorite is " THE UNDERTAKER "

The wife just losses it when Randy Orton comes on tv in his look at me pose but i get my own back when the divas show up.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Streak said:

You can probably work out from this that I stopped watching wrestling with anything more than a passing interest when I was about 13.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Loved the British Bulldogs. My parents were breeders of British Bulldogs back in the 80's with one of our dogs being Scragger at Footscray for a while. Anyway when the Bulldogs were big they had a mascot called Matilda who they used to take to the ring with them. Sometime around 1986 the wwf came to town and the BB needed a mascot locally because Matilda didn't come with them. My dad was the first approached and he knocked back the offer, along with close to ringside seats for our family because the show was on the same night as my parents bingo night. I couldn't believe it then and I still rib him about it now.

I still watch some classic matches and have a decent collection of shows, mainly docos, on dvd/hard drive. Recommended viewing for those interested would be: Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, The Rise and Fall of ECW, the best of Monday Nitro, The WCCW DVD, The AWA DVD. I love the behind the scenes stories which is the major reason I watch the shows.

With my son being a fan (John Cena of course) I have started watching matches on you tube and have really gotten into Japanese wrestling from the early to mid 90's. They were doing amazing things that were way ahead if what was being done in the States. Japanese womens wrestling from the same era is fantastic too.