Wrestling/WWE (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wrestling/WWE (merged)

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
why is flair a knob?

the best wrestler of all time both for his wrestling ability and entertainment value.

Goldberg

BENTLEY
Jan 15, 2006
He is to old and is crap with his entertainment value.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
=
Crap

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I've got to partially agree with Goldberg here. Flair was good, he deserves the greatest ever title, many experts agree that he made a number of his opponents look good, Hulk Hogan among them, (see an interview with Vern Gagne for a very blunt and accurate assessment of Hogan's wrestling ability), but like a lot of athletes the Nature Boy has not realised that it is long past time he retired. It's rather ridiculous and sad to see him go around with younger, fitter guys like Carlito, Chris Masters or Shelton Benjamin. In real circumstances Flair can no longer touch these guys. He only has about 3 moves left: the chop, the leglock and the thumb to the eye, none of them are high impact or excitement. You were great Ric, just accept that and give it away before you become a mockery of what you once were.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
never said he was still a marvel in the ring, but he with his diminished move set is still better than a lot of the guys the WWE shove down our throats. he never was a high move set wrestler, but a lot can be said for having good in ring psychology. in my opinion flair should be a manager for a younger wrestler, or a wrestler who has weak mike skills.

the best 'wrestlers' today would be benoit & angle. heads and shoulders above everybody else.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
Doolz85 said:
never said he was still a marvel in the ring, but he with his diminished move set is still better than a lot of the guys the WWE shove down our throats. he never was a high move set wrestler, but a lot can be said for having good in ring psychology. in my opinion flair should be a manager for a younger wrestler, or a wrestler who has weak mike skills.

the best 'wrestlers' today would be benoit & angle. heads and shoulders above everybody else.

yeah benoit and angle are head n shoulders above the rest!

there are several athletes who make good cruiserweights, like rey rey, greg helms, paul london, all high-flyers. Although the 'heavyweights' like Triple H, Batista, Big Show, chris masters and Kane don't really have anything beyond their massive physical appearance. They only have about 4 or 5 moves each. Even JBL only has a handful of moves which bore me, but he has the gift of the gab which is what i love about him. He's such an a-hole lol.

most wrestlers are just about the 'entrance' moreso than the wrestling. like triple h, kane, cena, batista, hogan and ric flair... give them an american flag and the crowd laps it up even more.

the best matches were those between angle/malenko/eddie guerrero/benoit/jericho which were always fresh and original, but a lot of these awesome technical wrestlers lack charisma.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
yeah agree there, a wrestlers entrance plays a huge role now in their character.

ecw will be coming back, very interested to see how this turns out...

Goldberg

BENTLEY
Jan 15, 2006

yeah benoit and angle are head n shoulders above the rest!

there are several athletes who make good cruiserweights, like rey rey, greg helms, paul london, all high-flyers. Although the 'heavyweights' like Triple H, Batista, Big Show, chris masters and Kane don't really have anything beyond their massive physical appearance. They only have about 4 or 5 moves each. Even JBL only has a handful of moves which bore me, but he has the gift of the gab which is what i love about him. He's such an a-hole lol.

most wrestlers are just about the 'entrance' moreso than the wrestling. like triple h, kane, cena, batista, hogan and ric flair... give them an american flag and the crowd laps it up even more.

the best matches were those between angle/malenko/eddie guerrero/benoit/jericho which were always fresh and original, but a lot of these awesome technical wrestlers lack charisma.

The best Wrestlers are the top championship holders

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
not true.ngle and benoit could wrestled rings around any other WWE wrestler. if the best wrestlers were the ones with the belts, then cena, orton, JBL, etc would never have won anything. same for the undertaker

Goldberg

BENTLEY
Jan 15, 2006
I ment HHH not Orton JBL Cena and Mysterio

The Best of All Time Brett Hart

Viva La Raza

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
agree with bret hart and with eddie, but saying that rey is a crap wrestler is ridiculous. he can do things in that ring that no one else can do. the WWE style of wrestling though isnt good for smaller wrestlers, if u wanna see some mindblowing wrestling goldberg, try and get your hands on some wcw cruiserweight matches. awesome stuff.

oh, and HHH isnt a championship holder right now ;)

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
not having a go at you goldberg (the PRE member), but goldberg (the wrestler) was terrible! lol. Classic example of 'hype'. Mean looking bloke though, wouldn't want to mess with him.

Wrestling nowadays is moreso brawling. The good old days of wrestling matches full of classy maneuvers are long gone. Now we see great long storylines involving factions/groups with interrupted matches. Bless the steel chair! It's fun to see now and again, but the past ten years it has kind of been over-done a bit!

Bring back Norman Smiley!

Goldberg

BENTLEY
Jan 15, 2006
3 things
The Slegehammer greatest weapon ever

Brett Hart best wresler
HHH best Ever Bad Guy

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Doolz85 said:

I think you're right there, Doolz. Angle is one of the best and most versatile wrestlers there is and you have to love Benoit's heart and mat wrestling skills.
Two of the absolute worst wrestlers of all time are in Smackdown: Mark Henry and Finlay. Why are the WWE even promoting Finlay? He has a crap gimmick, he's painful to watch, no style and absolutely no personality. One guy I do like as an up and comer is Bobby Lashley. I agree about Flair taking an out of ring role. Can you imagine a ood young wrestler with 'the dirtiest player in the game' as his manager and ready to step in ringside with the dirty move at the right time.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
Fit Finlay is a long time Road Agent for the WWE since crossing over from WCW. He never really had a gimmick in my opinion, he was boring to watch. There are lots of these time wasting 'jobber' wrestlers around, but he has a big behind-the-scenes role in the WWE.

I also hate watching Marc Henry matches, very boring wrestler, always has been boring to watch. Another one of those big ugly wrestlers with no talent. Viscera is much the same.

Nik

Tiger Rookie
Apr 8, 2006
Completely agree. Mark Henry is a brute with no notable talent. Finlay is just irritating.... i detest his costume.

The wrestlers around nowadays that i believe have actual talent are -

Bobby Lashley
Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
and Shelton Benjamin.

All of the above are tremendous atheltes and performers that innovate and mix around their style occasionally.

Triple H just uses a sledge hammer (which i consider cheating) :scold

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
marc henry is crap, he was given a 10million ten year contract back in 96 & coz the WWE invested so much in him they constantly feel the need to push him down our throats despite not ever really getting any crowd reaction since his sexual chocolate days and with d'lo brown.

big vis can actually wrestle, thats the sad thing, but hasnt been able to for years now.

HHH is a brilliant wrestler, but hasnt been as good since he had a quad injury a few years back, only puts in lots of effort against his mates and wrestlers he respects.

Goldberg

BENTLEY
Jan 15, 2006
Nik said:
Completely agree. Mark Henry is a brute with no notable talent. Finlay is just irritating.... i detest his costume.

The wrestlers around nowadays that i believe have actual talent are -

Bobby Lashley
Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
and Shelton Benjamin.

All of the above are tremendous atheltes and performers that innovate and mix around their style occasionally.

Triple H just uses a sledge hammer (which i consider cheating)  :scold
True

Not Rey Mysterio
Agreed

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
yeah i remember watching one of the PPV's last year where HHH fought against Batista in the main event in a cage match... it was bloody and brutal, but it was extremely entertaining (to my surprise). i usually hate Batista and modern-day HHH matches, but that one was brilliant. Pretty good considering i only really watch WWE for comic relief, lol