Yet Another PRE Supporter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Yet Another PRE Supporter

anemzor

Tiger Cub
May 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Hey Fellow Tiger army, I'm Shaun 22 and hail from brisbane. Being an ex-victorian born and bred, i grew up feeding off the yellow and black, attending all home games every year. (driving from rosebud to melbourne every week just to see the boys play). My earliest memory of the tigers was the general's (mark lee) last game, in the pourning rain and the mcg was in pieces then cause the southern stand was under construction. another memory was when we played fitzroy one day, and it was half time and we were trailing by 56 points (approx) but we toughed it out and got zorbas on the way home =)

anyways, moved in brisbane in 96', and had to resort going to watching the bears play just to get a taste of the best code in the country. I hope that other fellow brisbane tiger supporters can back me up on this when i say " brisbane people sure know how to jump on a band wagon". The amount of times i hear from the folks up here just how good brisbane is, just sh*ts me to tears, esp when they tell us how they have supported the lions all there life etc, then i'd turn around and say " oh i remember you sitting out in the pouring rain out at carrara supporting the bears (sarcasticly), and there speechless. " what's carrara ? isn't that where the markets are ? " i'm sorry i shouldn't rant so much about this, but being in melbourne and understanding the hate towards collingwood from other vic clubs, i personally hate brisbane and all there suporters... if the lions dont win, they just goto the broncos, and vice versa... its crap! the media destroyed AFL up here... AFL was never promoted in qld, only the lions were promoted.

Sure there has been alot of positives up here towards afl and the lions success, but being in a one pony town sure don't do me any favours. The game this week is really important, cause it would be good to witness a win right infront of my eyes instead of off the afl site. plus there is nothing better then stirring trouble with the locals @ the pineapple hotel on game day.

I have been a visitor of PRE for a while now, and thought it would be time to sign up and make my contributions, and offer my personal opinion on richmond related matters.

So thank you all, i look forward to talking heaps with you all.

CARN THE TIGES

I hope all tigers are out in full support this week, and that after the victory, we can all grab KFC and head to the pineapple hotel for drinks =)

Welcome to PRE anemzor. :)

Great introduction. It seems a bit of a common theme that people lurk as a guest for a period before joining up.

I wonder if we seem a bit scarey and feral sometimes :eek:...it's not as noticable when your caught up in amongst it. There's no lack of passion that's for sure.

Seeya @ the Gabba on Saturday night. It's time for the Tigers to rule the jungle and give you bragging rights up there.

Happy posting and Go Tiges. :clap

Thank you rosy =) I felt it was a good idea just to lurk beneath the surface, just so i can get a feel for the place, equip my self to how things go on around here before i announced myself on the scene.

Someone should organise a social for the brissy supporters *hint*

:)