your favourite game in 2003 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

your favourite game in 2003

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
yeh i know this hasn't been the best season, but what do you think was the best game this season?

i think that round 5, vs hawthorn was the best game. we had a 51 point deficit, and we were able to win, despite losing by so much by the 2nd qtr. i didnt go to the match, but i remember listening to it on the radio. by the end of the first qtr, i refused to listen to it, turned it off, then put it back on late in the 2nd qtr, and was suprised. by the end of the match, i couldnt believe we won. i thought that that was so good of us to be able to come back from such a pathetic first half and end up winning the game.

sweet, 100 posts!!!

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
Yes totaly agree cogs is sexy 24,I went to that match with a friend who was a Hawthorn supporter he gave me heaps in the 1st quater and a half, but after that did not speak 1 word to me for the rest of day :)

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Yeah, The comeback win over the Hawks was the one for me. On the other end of the scale the worst would have to be the depressing loss to Carlton. :'(

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Yeh i would have to agree with you all and say the game against hawthorn, was extremely excited at that game!
But most of the richmond wins were pretty good, the one against essendon was great, and the win in the pouring rain against freo was pretty good as well. The final win against the bulldogs was good, because it felt so good to win after a very long time.
But by far the best was the hawthorn game.

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Of course the one against the hawks was great but another good one was against essendon when we doubled their score. It felt good to sing the song after a long time of losing to the dons.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Hmm well i have 3 - and all of them have been mentioned.

1) Hawkers game (first one) to come back from 51 one points down was a great effort ;D was surronded by hawks supporters that day, geez it was funny :rollin

2) The Bummers game - Just to be able to thump em felt good. it had been a while since we'd beaten them.

3) the 3rd was the freo game at the MCG. I remember it was POURIN rain and my 2 friends and i were the only people in that section out in the rain (sitting front row) with out little ponchos on screaming our lungs out - cheering the boys on. ;D

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
We didn't have any Best games this year.
There were how-ever pathetic attempts made at other temporarily,vulnerable teams in the competition.
The Wins.
The Hawks would of creamed us if Staff didn't take out Everitt.Hawthorn just showed how lazy we are in first quarters/halves- Hawthorn 14. 11. (95) def. by Richmond 18. 7. (115)
The Bummas were trippin with injuries and had a shocker.We managed to double their score and still maintain our '12 goals and under" reputation- Richmond 11. 18. (84) def. Essendon 5. 12. (42)
Freo rarely wins in Melbourne.We happened to win. Richmond 14. 10. (94) def. Fremantle 6. 10. (46)
Western Bulldogs was an anti climax both times. Richmond 16. 15. (111) def. Western Bulldogs 13. 11. (89) & Western Bulldogs 14. 11. (95) def. by Richmond 24. 11. (155)
St.kilda were hopeless. St Kilda 11. 15. (81) def. by Richmond 17. 5. (107)
Melbourne are sh** - Richmond 17. 10. (112) def. Melbourne 16. 7. (103)

We couldn't even beat Carlton with our game plan.The only team we beat twice was The Western Wooden Spooners.Sorry to give off such a negative vibe but I think they were all hapless wins in the big picture.We may as well have finished second last under Carlton, It would be a more fitting description of our season and we would have gotten better draft picks.
:'( :'( :'( :-X :-X :-X ??? ??? ???

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Both the hawks games. The 1st cause of the great comback, and the last as we dont have to see our side embaras ourselves for a while

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Freo at the G by miles. A good old fashioned slog in the wet. It was great fun sitting out in the rain. I'd prefer that by miles than sitting under cover in sterile stadium.
Was good to beat the Bummers so convincingly for a change too.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
My favourite (and I stress not best) was the win over Melbourne. I was in Prague on my honeymoon listening to the footy on the net drinking world famous Czech beer at about $1.00 per half litre.

In a perverse way the round 22 loss was up there too as it helped avoid the delusion and false hope that can be created when the last match is a win.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
After the beltings we've copped from them, the win over Essendon was particularly enjoyable for me, especially a 7 goal thumping.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
rosy3 said:
Freo at the G by miles. A good old fashioned slog in the wet. It was great fun sitting out in the rain. I'd prefer that by miles than sitting under cover in sterile stadium.
Was good to beat the Bummers so convincingly for a change too.

Agree with you here Rosy, as we were hard at it that day.

Also, i was in the outer for the only time as a mate was over from Perth so i couldn't sit in the Titus Ton-Up area. At the start, my mate was laughing at me coz of the plastic i brought with me - called me Captain Glad Wrap.

By the start of the second term he'd thought of some worse names, like referring to me as the 6ft 2 condom man. At about the stage where i was considering introducing his front teeth to his tonsils, the rain started coming down.

Ahhhh, now this was heaven. We were thumping the hapless Dockers, and i had one of their supporters sitting next to me wet to the skin offering $10 for my plastic - i told him to get stuffed!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Flogging the Bombers was the ultimate.

Waving goodbye to the bomber fans as they left early. Wasn't it good sticking it up em.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
The rd 5 game against hawthorn without a doubt. Was sitting behind the hawthorn cheer squad at that game boy was it fun screaming over there hawforn chants. Best bit was when the hawthorn girl sitting a few rows down turned around and glared at me and the old man then started complaining that she had a headache and wanted to go home. She didnt have one when they were winning.

Beating essendon was good too. Went to the game with some bomber supporters and at one stage one of them got up and started abusing the umpire for paying a free kick to us when they hadnt paid one to essendon for the exact same thing earlier. When he sat down I turned to him and said "Two words... Ha Ha!" Cracked up the tiger supporters behind me too.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Definitle the win over the Bombers.

I know that they had a few players out but can you remember that match? I can't believe that we creamed them with the side that we had in. Must have been our lucky day.

Krakeour kicked 5, Vardy kicked the first goal of the match and even Biddiscombe kicked 2 goals. No Richo, No Ottens, No Holland and we still caned them by 7 goals.

Don't know what happened to us after this game?