Your thoughts on the freo game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Your thoughts on the freo game

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
we lost today by 23 points. dont know too much, but all i know that tivvers got 4 goals (3 of them in the first half). we were close all day, but eventually lacked what we had throughout the day in the last qtr to let them take the prem points. we had a lot of skill errors through out the game. just turned the radio on about 5 mins ago to hear the freo song blearing on the radio...thats gotta be the worst song in the league!

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Really we should be in the 8.
Those losses to Nth., Carlton and Geelong cost us that chance.
I nearly pulled the plug out the point when I saw Johnson in the forward line at the start of the game .
We had a crack today - our forward line was non existent though and that was the difference -plus some absolute shocking umpiring decisions.
Richo can't buy a free kick these days.

Cogs,Johnson and Rodan were my best 3.-Fleming had a go too.

Richmond Forever!!!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The game summed up our season:

- too much left again to the usual too few.
- too predictable when going forward.
- undisciplined
- skill level across the team is not up scratch
- there's not enough run in the side.

Freo were there for the taking today and a good side would have punished them. We didn't.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Yep, the game was there to be won, but no one stood up to win it

Too many passengers - King, Nicholls, Fleming, Cameron, D Kellaway

Fleming lacks a vital part to his game, a football brain, something that he cant be taught. He tries hard, but is not up to it, too reckless and lacking in skill, should no longer be perservered with.

Duncan and Leon, time's up, retirements should be announced soon.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I was actualyl quite impressed wiht Dunc yesterday. Just showas that when he is fit he can make a contribution. Skil lerrors cost us as per usual and lack of running. When we run we look good.

Freo werent that flash, i cna see them beign humiliated in the finals.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
skill level- terrible
turn overs - too many to count
tackles- freo 66 us 38 to many guys not prepared to chase
one percenters - to few
It was a scrappy horrible game to watch typical frawley style flood back and make it a scrap we had 11 guys with 10 possesions or less -newman; rodan, nicholls, fleming d kellaway holland, krakouer, mcgrath cameron king schulz in other words to much left to to few to do. Apart from newman whos been pretty consistent this yr and schulz mcgrath virtual rookies the others on this list continually fail to get their hands on the footy enough with the exception of cmeron but most of this yr has been poor byhis standards put plain and simple we are not good enough and desperately need an infusion of quality kids

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
12 on the road losses and still counting by the time that dud finishes his contract the road trips will be 16 or 17 they don't even look like winning one.....they had a go sure no one denies that but they are battlers with no talent flemmings duncan nichols and so on and so on will never play finals let alone win flags. The tigers need to be applauded (the board) for their stedfast attitude but roll the tape forward 12 months he will be sacked or whatever he will not be coach of Richmond. Miller is meant to be one of the best minds in football yet he says Frawleys fine. I hope he doesn't take that attitude into recruiting. Blah Blah Blah we could go on and on but we all know he is not up to it and never will be, stuff what people think of sackings they will forget ask any non richmond supporter who was coach before Frawley and they won't be able to tell you.