you're a class act Matty Knights ! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

you're a class act Matty Knights !

RainsyBaby

Raines kicks long...RRROACH !!
May 10, 2006
Just wanted to give credit where it's due...Matty Knights has been a revelation in the coaching ranks department. I truly believed he took up a list from Sheedy that wasn't any good and tipped them to finish 15th.
He has got his team up and running from the start...had an horrific injury list throughout the year...and when they started getting belted I thought my prediction of 15th was still on the cards.
But how on earth he got his undermanned list to find another gear is beyond me.
The players just want to play for him and he seems so natural in the coach box.

We had alot of players down today...but they played a half of footy with one player on the bench...so we were kind of lucky...but a win is a win...and full credit to our lads for finding something in the last quarter especially Brown, Simmonds and Foley.

Yeah I know Matty is the opposition now but it's great to see him take to coaching the same way he played his footy with us...and that is with class.

Go Tiges...you little bewdy !

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You could hear the disappointment in Knights' voice after the game. Felt sorry for him momentarily but caught myself when I thought about the mob with whom he's cast his lot. :p

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Mathew Knights has achieved in less than a year at least as much as Terry Wallace has in three and some.

Is Terry's imminent replacement controversial?

He has to run his term and be replaced. Are we looking now as we should be? I think so.

Jury's in. Knights fresh and stiff. Wallace old and flaccid.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
You could hear the disappointment in Knights' voice after the game. Felt sorry for him momentarily but caught myself when I thought about the mob with whom he's cast his lot. :p

tHEY GAVE HIM AN OPPORTUNITY, so why shouldn't he take it?

He is class, and unlike the whingers (eade and malthouse etc) he supported joel

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nothing wrong with Knighter except for the fact he's at bummerland. Like a lot of retired players he wants to coach and has worked hard to earn his chance.
The thing that amazes me is that Knighter gets praise for coaching the list of kids that Sheedy had been rebuilding with over recent years, but Plough gets slagged off at because apart from a few senior elite he has had to do the rebuilding that Sheeds has done in his last three years as coach.
Both teams are at about the same point of development.
Each has a core of old stagers that have been the backbone of the side with at least ten or more years played.
They have a limited handfull of mid experience players and a heap of exciting under 23 y.o. coming through.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Dyer'ere said:
Mathew Knights has achieved in less than a year at least as much as Terry Wallace has in three and some.

He has to run his term and be replaced. Are we looking now as we should be? I think so.

first season is usually ok for a new coach. We'll see how they go next year. Wallace has a better list than Knights, and Wallace has pretty much prepared it himself

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dyer'ere said:

Knights first year reminds me a lot of Wallace first year with the tigers. Making a poor team look OK.

Time will tell how good Knights is

Hypoxic

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
se7en said:
Knights first year reminds me a lot of Wallace first year with the tigers. Making a poor team look OK.

Time will tell how good Knights is

Spot Se7en, but Knighter showed his class with his after match comments.

Can't say the same for the rest of the BUMMERS though......mongrels.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
DirtyDogTiger said:
He is class, and unlike the whingers (eade and malthouse etc) he supported joel

An interesting point here DDT. Knights did support what Bowden did, and called it smart, whereas a number of other football identities got stuck in.

Knights clearly focusses on the facts (Bowden did nothing illegal) and doesn't worry about things that he can't influence. Regardless of anything else, that is how I would want any coach or player to be.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dyer'ere said:

What has Knights achieved Jack?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Streak said:
An interesting point here DDT. Knights did support what Bowden did, and called it smart, whereas a number of other football identities got stuck in.

Knights clearly focusses on the facts (Bowden did nothing illegal) and doesn't worry about things that he can't influence. Regardless of anything else, that is how I would want any coach or player to be.

Don't forget Knights and Bowden were recent teammates.

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
nwonash said:
Totally agree.

I am actually starting to rate our list and thinking that next year we will make the finals

shhh don't let claw hear you say that! ;)

danwitdaplan

Tiger Rookie
Mar 17, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
i felt sorry too. sorry that i wasted more than a decade watching him dodge contests & rack up soft possies on the footy field

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
the true is, we were smashed in the centre, yet we won. if Mac kicked the goal in the mid of Qtr 3 (when we had our run), the bombers were finished then. We failed to capitalised.

For the majority of this year, our centre clearances have been below most teams, yet we're won 7 and a half. Wait when our clearances reaches 50%, then you'd see the best of us.

bombers best month is due to hille (one player only). Get him out, they're nothing!