you're a class act Matty Knights ! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

you're a class act Matty Knights !

danwitdaplan said:
i felt sorry too. sorry that i wasted more than a decade watching him dodge contests & rack up soft possies on the footy field

I've read it all now. :eek:

[quote author=danfrawleywitdaplantosackknights]
i felt sorry too. sorry that i wasted more than a decade watching him dodge contests & rack up soft possies on the footy field
[/quote]

:p

Get the feeling our finals hopes will all boil down to Round 22...the last home and away game of the season...4.40 pm at the Dome Essendon v St.Kilda...this is of course if the Saints go down to the Crows next week which I believe they will do...Bock will clean up Rievoldt...end of story.
It will leave us barracking for Matty Knights and the Bombers to get us in...I'm sure Matty knowing the situation will put a little bit more preperation in the game knowing he used to bleed black and yellow.

Wrote this almost a year ago...

I loved the way he played his footy at Tigerland with poise, class and heart...and I like watching his Bomber team play a great brand of footy...I truly thought the Bombers would be cellar dwellers for the next 3 years after Sheeds left

I'm pretty sure one day he'll find his way back at Tigerland...hopefully the game won't have passed him like it did with Sheeds returning back to the Club.

Bloody Tiges we get all the Duds as coaches...Giesch, Spudda, Wallace, an over the hill "Yabby", Robert "The Paddle Pop Lion" Walls, Paul "Umbrella" Sproule, KB...our last good coach where we played a good style of footy was Swooper Northey.

If nothing else Knights has got them playing with passion and spirit. They definiteley appear to want to play for him.

I wonder if the Tigers will ever have anything to hang their hats on in the near future instead of grasping onto 1995 ;D

Somehow not bloody likely ...........

RainsyBaby said:
Bloody Tiges we get all the Duds as coaches...Paul "Umbrella" Sproule

Harsh. Felt Sproule could coach. Managed to get the team heading in the right direction in his one season in charge. Wasn't given the opportunity to go on with it. After he left, we had what must arguably have been the worst decade (or so) in the club's history, 1986-1994.

RainsyBaby said:
Wrote this almost a year ago...

I loved the way he played his footy at Tigerland with poise, class and heart...and I like watching his Bomber team play a great brand of footy...I truly thought the Bombers would be cellar dwellers for the next 3 years after Sheeds left

I'm pretty sure one day he'll find his way back at Tigerland...hopefully the game won't have passed him like it did with Sheeds returning back to the Club.

Bloody Tiges we get all the Duds as coaches...Giesch, Spudda, Wallace, an over the hill "Yabby", Robert "The Paddle Pop Lion" Walls, Paul "Umbrella" Sproule, KB...our last good coach where we played a good style of footy was Swooper Northey.

Geez I wish we had Matty as our coach...he has turned a list I rated 15th-16th at the start of 2008 into a team that plays the most entertaining footy in the league...all in the space of 18 months.

And here is our beloved Tigers who are kept scoreless for 2 whole quarters...we need to get Mark "Choco" Williams as Coach.

mb64 said:
Too early to be calling Knight's reign as coach a success
i still think hes playing with sheedys list. yep sheeds had a few projects. and yeah in recent times sheeds would operate in left field a bit to often and sheeds openly admitted he needed pace he also said they would have to spend some time down this time around. is sheeds a better coach than knights you bet ya.

of course sheedy is better.
but rumour has it, ess wants knights signed up ASAP before tigers try and talk to him as it is believed the tigers what an all richmond coaching crew

hmmmm

the claw said:
i still think hes playing with sheedys list. yep sheeds had a few projects. and yeah in recent times sheeds would operate in left field a bit to often and sheeds openly admitted he needed pace he also said they would have to spend some time down this time around. is sheeds a better coach than knights you bet ya.

Knighter is clearly not a better coach at this stage given their respective achievements but he's sure invigorated Windy Hill since Sheeds departure even if he is capitalising on some of their recruitment decisions.

He has given his younger players every opportunity and has got them playing a fantastic attacking style of football.

I thought they were in decline when Sheeds left, credit to Knights for turning it around so quickly. They have sure gone well past us. :-[

Interesting thing about the Dons is they have rebuilt only having one second round prioirty pick and the highest pick they've had (#2 Gumbleton) hasn't worked out for them yet.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Interesting thing about the Dons is they have rebuilt only having one second round prioirty pick and the highest pick they've had (#2 Gumbleton) hasn't worked out for them yet.

Lloyd and Lucas still give them plenty of structure up forward and must be getting close to the end now. They need Gumby to come on but he's not looking likely.
Like us with Richo, they still need a replacement key forward for their vets. .