you're a class act Matty Knights ! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

you're a class act Matty Knights !

Tigers of Old said:
Knighter is clearly not a better coach at this stage given their respective achievements but he's sure invigorated Windy Hill since Sheeds departure even if he is capitalising on some of their recruitment decisions.

He has given his younger players every opportunity and has got them playing a fantastic attacking style of football.

I thought they were in decline when Sheeds left, credit to Knights for turning it around so quickly. They have sure gone well past us. :-[

Can tell you that after talking to a few Essendon boys last week they love the Knighta

the players are maturing, there reaching that 23 to 24 year age bracket, nearing their peak, all it proves is that knights can coach a little and that the old bastard traiter sheedy once agan re built the essendon list, something knights has yet to prove he can do

What knights has proved he can do is provide an exciting gameplan and get his players to follow that plan. He has not been afraid to wield the axe (Lucas and McVeigh) or not pander to player factions (Lloyd and Lovett). He has given the young players like Hurley and Pears their heads and encouraged their aggression. He has coped with a horrendous injury list and developed his players into a cohesive unit, all in all he has been as successful as any Essendon fan could reasonably hope for.

I was wrong, I did not think he had demonstrated the requisite experience to be a good AFL coach and thought Hardwick was the better option for the bombers, I hate seeing the bombers get it right-but at least they have shown that not everything out of Richmond is poisoned.

Tambling Man said:
I was wrong, I did not think he had demonstrated the requisite experience to be a good AFL coach and thought Hardwick was the better option for the bombers, I hate seeing the bombers get it right-but at least they have shown that not everything out of Richmond is poisoned.

Yeah but the good from Richmond seems to leave and succeed elsewhere.

Tambling Man said:
What knights has proved he can do is provide an exciting gameplan and get his players to follow that plan. He has not been afraid to wield the axe (Lucas and McVeigh) or not pander to player factions (Lloyd and Lovett). He has given the young players like Hurley and Pears their heads and encouraged their agggression. He has coped with a horrendous injury list and developed his players into a cohesive unit, all in all he has been as successful as any Essendon fan could reasonably hope for.

In other words, he has shown he is a good coach. Not quite sure why so many people thought he wouldn't make one.

Tambling Man said:
What knights has proved he can do is provide an exciting gameplan and get his players to follow that plan. He has not been afraid to wield the axe (Lucas and McVeigh) or not pander to player factions (Lloyd and Lovett). He has given the young players like Hurley and Pears their heads and encouraged their aggression. He has coped with a horrendous injury list and developed his players into a cohesive unit, all in all he has been as successful as any Essendon fan could reasonably hope for.
Knighta inherited what appears to be a very handy bunch of young players from Sheeds along with a handfull of top class old stagers.
Best thing Knighta has done is line the players up and put them all on the same page.
No special privelidges for old champs or future captains. This is the team, these are the team rules, abide by them and we'll play senior footy. Drag the chain and it's of to Bendigo.
Wonder if he learn't one that from watching the cliques at Tigerland.

Tigers of Old said:
Knighter is clearly not a better coach at this stage given their respective achievements but he's sure invigorated Windy Hill since Sheeds departure even if he is capitalising on some of their recruitment decisions.

He has given his younger players every opportunity and has got them playing a fantastic attacking style of football.

I thought they were in decline when Sheeds left, credit to Knights for turning it around so quickly. They have sure gone well past us. :-[
i actually thought they were bottoming out for the first time in 20 yrs under sheeds.it had to happen at some stage especially in the new age that is post 2003.