Zantuck-Disappointing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Zantuck-Disappointing

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Zantuck did a horrible job on Lloyd today. Lloyd was free to often and Zantuck lost him in play. If we trade someone good this year, make sure it will be a back and not some crap forward who will play 1 game for the entire season.

I think you may have been a bit harsh on Ty here VG. I haven't seen the game yet, but the MMM commentary team noted several times that there wasnt a lot ZANTUCK could do early on with some of the delivery to Lloyd early.

Ty did something to his hammy/ lower leg in the 1st qtr. At qtr time he was getting a massage on his leg and from then on it just got worse. He should have been taken off way earlier than he was.

At least Ty has a a go.
Ty played on absolute champion today and Ty was carrying an injury.
NOBODY could have stopped Lloyd marks,
Maybe the players up the ground could of put pressure on the Essendon ball carriers.
Fancy anyone knocking TY, he gives 100 %

i was talking about the Freo game and i know its 3 weeks after that, but the attitude doesnt change from week to week.

As a wrap-up to the game, Nine showed a segment of Lloyd's grabs. He was awesome, or at least RFC made him appear awesome ...although some of the passes he received were unstoppable.
Pity Tiges can't deliver the ball like that to their forwards instead of some of those hospital passes.

Give him a break, the passes that were coming in were near on impossible for anyone to stop and he played injured for at least a qtr. That was my biggest problem with Ty today, he didn't come off when he should have. Maybe he got told to stay out there but he should have said he needed to come off. Blind Freddy could've seen that he was injured.

I've been critical of Zantuck, but give him a break. He is a boy doing a mans job. He shouldnt be playing on Lloyd, but who else can? The only one is in the grandstand on crutches!!!

As noted above some of passes Lloyd received today were impossible to spoil. One in particular from Soloman was a beauty. Blame goes to the midfield pressure and silly turnovers rather than the play of Zantuck.

Zantuck had been one of our best defenders.

His first half job on Lloyd was average, however, in the second half, Zantuck did a wonderful job.

Remember to stop Lloyd, its going to be a team effort. You need to plug his lead.

As previous people mentioned, Zantuck coped an injury which slowed him down.

Zantuck shows determination and his one of of tougher players.

I believed Lloyd was always going to be too strong, however, Zantuck could hold his head high.

Andy Kellaway is the person I would of started on Lloyd.

Lloyd has even proven a handfull for Gas, and Andy has needed to cut across in front of him to take a mark or fill the space somehow.

Very few players have the guts it takes to do that. Archer comes to mind as another one.

It needs a team effort to combat a champion like Lloyd when he's on the end of such classy delivery.

nwonash said:
he did come back on him didnt he ?
Don't think he did, I remember looking at the bench at one stage and Zanners was sitting by himself with the blanket on, wasn't stretching or doing warm ups just watching the game.