1000 Posts may = Been there and Postive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1000 Posts may = Been there and Postive

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
KL Congratulations. you must be the most positive person I know, bordering on blind faith ;D

But I would like to know a bit more about these inside stories that inspire such faith.

I think I am becoming a skeptic in my old age.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Well done KL,

I too have had numerous conversations with Club staff and officials and get the same confidence you do. There is a bigger picture with where we are heading and it's all good.

The club is no longer going out in public saying "we are a top four side" or we are 3 players off a great team. They've learnt from the mistakes.

What I can tell you, and like KL, I will not go into specifics, but the club have been praying this season came to an end quickly. Millers half year report will play a big part come trade period. So don't panic that certain players played well, and will get re-signed. A case of too little too late.

Also, RFC not KFC, you mentioned earlier that you will give a chance to everyone except Spud. If you believe these guys are good, then don't you think they are better informed to make decisions than us? We have little idea of what goes on behind closed doors, and don't forget Miller can easily compare Frawley to Pagen, so he obviously knows talent.

The club IS going in the right direction, but unfortunatly, the supporters can't visibly see the foundations being laid. It's not going to be a case of next year and every year onwards we can compete with Collingwood, Brisbane etc, but it'll gradually improve to the point that we wont realise the improvement has occured. I'd rather a gradual rise to the finals than finals next year.

The trend from the last 20 years of wanting instant success has finally changed, and yes, the next couple of months will prove this, however, some of us on this site just want the best of both worlds. Success next year with young guns who will play together for the next 10 years. It aint going to happen.

One more thing, Greg Miller and Danny Frawley are not in it for themselves. The only glory they personally want is to say "we helped change the culture at Richmond." If Frawley was in it for self gain, why would he have taken a performance based contract?

Anyway, well done KL, I'll try and back you as much as I can, because I too get down to chat to players, staff and Adnmin at the RFC so I know where you're coming from.

KL and Shawry, congrats too on the big 1000.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Shawry and KL,

Congratulations on 1000 posts.

Shawry as I've told you before we joined PRE on or about the same day and you're burning pal.

You outpost me about 10 to 1.

You must be the everywhere on-baller of PRE and I must be the dour backman.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I set Shawry the challenge to reach 1000 with intelligent posting, but unfortunatley only a couple counted. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Only joking Shawry, you are the posting machine.

P

PuntRoadRoar

rumour has it shawry lives on this site.........

his has more posts than richo spits the dummy ;D

your on fire shawry

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I wonder if Rosy is feeling threatened???

I notice Shawry tries to not step on anybodies toes much of late, then if he does, he is very quick to say sorry........

I can a smell an insider from another club here.. ;)

Or, is Shawry really a RFC official???? 8) 8)

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I notice you two have been getting a bit of publicity on this thread of late, and I for one don't like attracting attention to myself, but my 100th is coming up in a sec.

Shall we raise our glasses, or coffee mugs? LOL ;D

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Well Shawry, feel honoured that my 100th post is in response to one of your posts. Fitting considering I agree with large portion of what you say.

Would hate it to be in responce to Laff. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Donb't snort the wizz fizz. I did it for a dare in Year 12 and my nose didn't stop bleeding for about 15 minutes. Had a good laugh though. ;D ;D ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha love these deep and meaningful posts.

Long may they continue.

I'll drink to that.

White no sugar thanks. Cheers. :D

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
shawry said:
I'm eating a Wizz Fizz at the moment.

Ahuh!

That's where you get all your energy from Shawry. Perhaps explains your dyslexic typing as well. One hit of Whizz Fizz and it's all keys and keyboard....
Ratttaatttatattaaataatatat

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Congrats mate.

I also learned at a young age not to snort wizz fizz. Luckily wasnt me that was the victim. MY mate didnt fare as well at hte time.

Anyway well done. Rate your posts too buddy , looking forward ot the next 100 +.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
Haha love these deep and meaningful posts.

Long may they continue.

I'll drink to that.

White no sugar thanks. Cheers. :D

When do I get my next star Rosy? That's my goal... To take it one star at a time.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
BalmyArmy said:
When do I get my next star Rosy?

Sounds like a game of SuperMario64. ;D

You are a very bright star in the message board dreariness Balmy. A ray of sunshine, ha.

(What a suck .....trying to encourage you to your next 100 ;))

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I try to provide my inside information and accurate assessments. Maybe I am too wise, but of late, I've noticed that I'm starting to dribble in my posts. :D

Need something to happen ie. trade period, so I can again return to my informative ways.

The people I talk to at the club are somewhat busy preparing for the next couple of months or away enoying their break.

I ill however, continue to keep my ear to the ground, and as soon as I hear something of value to this site, I will put it up.

I'm not really into posting fantasies about who we're after, or when is Spud going to resign... I try to give the facts as I heard them.

Anyway, bring on the next 100.

MCG

Tiger Rookie
Aug 11, 2003
Congratulations to all on their milestone posts.

Where do you all get the time?

It takes me so long to read everything and then I feel guilty about all the other things I should be doing and off I go.

Don't think I'll even make it to 50.

Also wrapt to read a positve thread. I refuse to contribute to the negative ones. Might agree with a lot of what is said but don't wish to add to it.