2017 rookie draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 rookie draft

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I guess they want to replicate the game plan in the reserves as best as possible

http://footyprophet.com/afl-draft-interview-liam-baker/

healp11

Tiger Cub
May 18, 2014
Damien 'Ron Swanson' Hardwick

"Give me all the small forwards you have.
Wait...I worry what you heard was give me a lot of small fowards.
What I said was give me all the small forwards you have. Do you understand?"

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Really strange selection ???

Rioli,Edwards,Butler,Castagna,Stengle,Bolton,Higgins,Baker - Really ? Kind of going a bit over board

Big inside mid or another KPP would be what we needed more i would have thought

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
IMO Higgins will end up a mid. Apart from that we got 2KPP, 1 ruck, 1 mid, 1 medium defender, & a small fwd today. I agree i'm a little disappointed we didn't go for a different position but overall I think we drafted pretty evenly...

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Tigerdog said:
I guess they want to replicate the game plan in the reserves as best as possible

http://footyprophet.com/afl-draft-interview-liam-baker/

Couple of nice bits from this article.

"It certainly did help, with Baker registering an elite 21.5 in the yo-yo endurance test."
"Still only 19-years-old, Baker’s best will be amazing to see. He is a proven goalkicker, provides elite defensive pressure and he has the ability to push into the midfield. The sky is the limit for the young star from Lake Grace."

Elite endurance, defensive pressure and proven goalkicker. So we now have Rioli, Castagna, Butler, Bolton, Stengle, Higgins and Baker. I wonder what we do with all of them? Push Butler into the midfield and bring Higgins / Bolton into the ones and have the other 3 (Higgins / Bolton, Stengle and Baker) as the smalls in the 2's?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigerjoe12 said:
IMO Higgins will end up a mid. Apart from that we got 2KPP, 1 ruck, 1 mid, 1 medium defender, & a small fwd today. I agree i'm a little disappointed we didn't go for a different position but overall I think we drafted pretty evenly...

Who's the medium defender? Naish?

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
mrposhman said:
Who's the medium defender? Naish?

Category B rookie Derek Eggsmolesse Smith

Naish considered a mid now i guess but good chance he could be a Houli type in the future

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
tigerlee said:
Geelong take Crameri - do they have plans on building with kids ever?
Nope, with Ablett coming in they are in Flag or bust territory. could backfire spectacularly.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jonesracing82 said:
Nope, with Ablett coming in they are in Flag or bust territory. could backfire spectacularly.

Yep last roll of the dice for the Cats.

Kelly may be a handy pick up for them though.