2017 VFL GRAND FINAL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 VFL GRAND FINAL

Very strong side named.
I'd say J. Ballard , Chol, Conca, I. Maric make the final list.

Good thing about this game Sunday following Saturday is it's a win/win. Either we win Sat night and are celebrating or we lose and we have this game to look forward to.
That said I'd far prefer the former..

Tigers of Old said:
Very strong side named.
I'd say J. Ballard , Chol, Conca, I. Maric make the final list.

Good thing about this game Sunday following Saturday is it's a win/win. Either we win Sat night and are celebrating or we lose and we have this game to look forward to.
That said I'd far prefer the former..

I agree about the win/win and also your final interchange mate!

1st of the triple crown tomorrow at Etihad. Go Tigers!! Tonight's win should be enough motivation for the 2nds.

TigerForce said:
1st of the triple crown tomorrow at Etihad. Go Tigers!! Tonight's win should be enough motivation for the 2nds.

Yep. It's been awesome seeing the senior guys supporting the VFL team recently.

Going to be tough against an experienced side and coach.

You never know.

Go boys.

Good luck.

Reading between the lines at Dimmas presser maybe a spot or two up for grabs????

waiting said:
Going to be tough against an experienced side and coach.

You never know.

Go boys.

Good luck.

Reading between the lines at Dimmas presser maybe a spot or two up for grabs????
Id imagine he was thinking horses for courses, I think will go unchanged unless the AFL shafts one of our players.

So looking forward to this game , should be a large tiger contingent now. Go Tiges

Good luck RFC VFL Team today.

A tremendous effort by the players, coaching staff and supporters to get them to the Grand Final.

This is massive for us given we have been a standalone team again since 2014.

I remember reading an article before the start of the 2015 season from memory where they bagged the reserves team and RFC saying there was no depth in the VFL squad and that would lead to lack of suitable players in the seniors etc.

Prove them wrong lads....Send big Ivan off with a win.

I think I'm torn between fielding our best side to win a VFL premiership or pulling out some players who may be in serious contention for a spot in the AFL GF.

Considerations have to be made in case 1 or 2 get suspended and if Dimma wants to change the make up of the side.

I think you could see Hampson, Shai, Short , Miles maybe a couple others rested OR playing limited mins.

They may even be pulled out to protect from injury?

Thoughts?

waiting said:
I think I'm torn between fielding our best side to win a VFL premiership or pulling out some players who may be in serious contention for a spot in the AFL GF.

Considerations have to be made in case 1 or 2 get suspended and if Dimma wants to change the make up of the side.

I think you could see Hampson, Shai, Short , Miles maybe a couple others rested OR playing limited mins.

They may even be pulled out to protect from injury?

Thoughts?

McCrae mentioned during his presser that if Richmond were to win yesterday he would have 3 VFL guys on standby if we needed to pull out some Richmond boys for next Saturday.

waiting said:
Thanks Rom.

Thought I heard it !

No worries. Annoyed that the game today doesn't look like it's being telecast on 7Mate in Tassie. I'll have to jump online again.

3 players wore pink vests at training yesterday Bolton,Ellis and Hampson. I think these are the 3 that may or may not play today. Maybe even Miles as a possible replacement for Cotch. Should be a great atmosphere today but l don't think l will be yelling too much today.

Hungry1962 said:
In nth Qld. Does anyone know if it is possible to watch VFL grand final today??

You could download a thing called "Aussie TV FTW" that allows you to watch free to air tv from any state. That's what I use.