2019 All Australian | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 All Australian

Jeez, Coniglio's mum is a spunk. Yet more confirmation I'm getting old.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone notice penderbury spent more time talking to others then his own team mate in Grundy.

Pendlebury gets selected on name only, Kelly had a great start to the year but has had some very quiet games. And Yeo seriously?

Dusty has had a better year than all 3, kicked more goals and more possessions, and has been as good as danger this year.

Pretty farcical. Geelong love fest was always going to be there with Ling as a selector.

Reactions: 1 users
Pendlebury gets selected on name only, Kelly had a great start to the year but has had some very quiet games. And Yeo seriously?

Dusty has had a better year than all 3, kicked more goals and more possessions, and has been as good as danger this year.

Pretty farcical. Geelong love fest was always going to be there with Ling as a selector.

Spot on, except for Yeo, walk-up start for me, for the same reasons as Dusty although he isn't as good. Players of the ilk of Yeo, Dusty, Fyfe, Cripps and Dangerfield if they play the whole season and go OK to good, by their standards, should all be walk-up starts, guess who wasn't? And as you say, he was better or as good as most if not all. Farce.

something like, just gunna enjoy every moment till the end, whether its here or elsewhere...
Surely he finishes his career at RFC. He’s in career best form and could go for another 2-3 years.

Have we not offered him a contract yet?

Surely he finishes his career at RFC. He’s in career best form and could go for another 2-3 years.

Have we not offered him a contract yet?

Not yet. The reports last week from Browne and the channel 7 twit got it wrong.
We are waiting to see who is available before we offer Houli a new contract,
But him being AA might change it now.

Vlaustin double the amount of contested marks Stewart took and 40 more contested posessions overall

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
Goals Lynch 54 Hawkins 52.
Contested marks Lynch 47 Hawkins 32.

Plenty of people saying Dusty only clocked on after the bye, and that's why he was left out. Coaches' votes in first & second half of season:

Martin 27/47
Pendlebury 42/17
Kelly 63/23
Macrae 12/63

• Haha
something like, just gunna enjoy every moment till the end, whether its here or elsewhere...

He was publicly pissed off that it took until August for him to get a contract for next year,

so he was just firing one over the bow. Or the stern really.

Fair enough too I reckon.

Good stuff Lamby. Hawkins ahead of Lynch and Stewart ahead of Vlastuin is a disgrace.

Stewart will forever be the bloke embarrassed by Dusty in front of 95000 at the G. That incident turned the game and sent us on the way to the flag. If he didn't have long blond hair and tatts all over him no one would even notice him. Don't think there is a more overrated player in the AFL.

Reactions: 1 user
On Hawkins - some additional perspective - he actually ranks 2nd in goal assists overall in the AFL this year (24 GA), a fair effort really. I imagine this has been taken into account. Lynch comes in at # 49 (13 GA). I still prefer Lynch ;)

On Dusty - what a travesty he was left out - he can turn a game on its head in a short period - and has done so many times this season - and has dominated Richmond games since round 15 - that is almost half a season, and a time we have not lost a game. If you were picking a team now for finals he would be the first you would pick. He stands out in games in terms of his impact - he has an enormous presence. Some of the players in the All Australian team are just accumulators or extractors and you barely notice on the field.

It is embarrassing for the AFL and the All Australian selection committee they left Dusty out. Though, this behaviour is consistent with how the AFL rubbed Dusty out from being eligible for the Brownlow when many similar or worse incidents since have had players let off or left with a fine. The AFL in many ways come across as being inept and unprofessional - they are an embarrassing boys club. I can really see why Tigers supporters would be angry and dismayed about Dusty being overlooked.

Reactions: 3 users