2019 All Australian | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 All Australian

something like, just gunna enjoy every moment till the end, whether its here or elsewhere...

i thought when referring to the end he said whenever that maybe, not wherever that maybe

Reactions: 2 users
Fyfe as Captain?
If he was any sort of leader would Fremantle be the rabble that they are?

When even Parrot writes that Dusty not being in the 22 is a travesty, you know it's a ridiculous omission.

Reactions: 5 users
On Dusty - what a travesty he was left out - he can turn a game on its head in a short period - and has done so many times this season - and has dominated Richmond games since round 15 - that is almost half a season, and a time we have not lost a game. If you were picking a team now for finals he would be the first you would pick. He stands out in games in terms of his impact - he has an enormous presence. Some of the players in the All Australian team are just accumulators or extractors and you barely notice on the field.

It is embarrassing for the AFL and the All Australian selection committee they left Dusty out. Though, this behaviour is consistent with how the AFL rubbed Dusty out from being eligible for the Brownlow when many similar or worse incidents since have had players let off or left with a fine. The AFL in many ways come across as being inept and unprofessional - they are an embarrassing boys club. I can really see why Tigers supporters would be angry and dismayed about Dusty being overlooked.
The snub might just spur him on for the finals, and see him have the second best final series ever, (after his own 2017 finals series).

These twats need to make up their mind, are they picking the best in each position or the best 22. As it is its a bit of both. Filling up the wings and hff with mids makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 users
He wouldn't give the smallest of tosses about it. I'd bet he doesn't even know the team was announced.

I love Dusty like a son but surprises me the angst is about him not getting picked when there is a bloke in his own midfield who had a better year. Prestia is a the real omission.

It's a shame there isn't the chance to play a Plough Wallace 'possible v probables' scratchie to decide the AA spots.

Its an interesting concept BR. I'm a huge Dion fan and he's had a huge year, but a down Dusty year is still more damaging, or at the minimum as damaging, than a huge Dion year. that is the conumdrum of AA, best players V best players in each given posi. If they went one way or the other, fine, but they don't. They have a bob each way. ie, pick just 2 of the half dozen odd game breaking midfield superstars in the league, or stick them all in and find a posi for them, as would happen in a real side. But to leave one of the half dozen out for highly debeateable and dubious reasons, get stuffed AFAIC.

Reactions: 1 user
He wouldn't give the smallest of tosses about it. I'd bet he doesn't even know the team was announced.

I love Dusty like a son but surprises me the angst is about him not getting picked when there is a bloke in his own midfield who had a better year. Prestia is a the real omission.

It's a shame there isn't the chance to play a Plough Wallace 'possible v probables' scratchie to decide the AA spots.

The angst is mostly from me I admit it :D

I agree Prestia was also a real omission but I couldn't rate his season as damaging as Dusty. He basically took a number of games by the scruff of the neck and dont argue'd us across the line. That being said I fully expect Dion to win the B&F and my bias has been pretty evident.

The snub might just spur him on for the finals, and see him have the second best final series ever, (after his own 2017 finals series).
Agree with everything you say.... But on the other hand
* Martin wouldnt have turned up at these events even if he was Captain (Love that)
^Think this could unleash a Dusty that no-ones seen before
*WWG1WGA

The All-Australian selection panel comprises Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Steve Hocking, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea.
Too many media hacks. The melb based commentators would be only exposed to a few teams. Caro by her own admission only watches Richmond and was o/s for a few weeks. Token WA and SA "reps" no NSW. Johnson Qld? KB boycotted the last 8 weeks.

Our best player this year has been Edwards.
He held us together when things were going to *smile*.
Prestia isn’t AA material, he is a shocking kick. It’s like Treloar.
Martin was really good after the bye
Grimes has been sensational
Big V very very very unlucky, should’ve been the 2nd bloke selected behind Bontempelli
Houli very good, but not AA material

Reactions: 1 user
Hurn is overrated. Surprised Sicily missed out.

I was thinking about
Too many media hacks. The melb based commentators would be only exposed to a few teams. Caro by her own admission only watches Richmond and was o/s for a few weeks. Token WA and SA "reps" no NSW. Johnson Qld? KB boycotted the last 8 weeks.

The only bloke I'd leave in is Johnson. Hocking and Gil are there to push the AFL agenda and get a PR team up.

I'd add Leigh Matthews, Carey, Joel Bowden, Sumich, Chocco Williams and Jarred Mcveigh now he is available.