2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Again, I've seen nothing this year besides highlights and my own research so my thoughts count for even less than normal.

Cox athletically is a like not many we've seen before. Extraordinary athlete for 200cm and 80kgs. Running ability like a mid, 6.05 for 2km.

But name me a player he compares to? If he ends up 205cm and 90kgs can he be a ruck considering he has had limited time there.

Can he be a tall defender like Harris Andrews? Does he turn into a tall forward like Joe Daniher? Does he become the first 2 meter wingman?

I don't know. I think defender is his best go. He's exciting but I'm glad it won't be us fighting it out. And he sure as hell isn't a Noah Balta.
Lachlan Keeffe is what springs to mind

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
All the more reason to pitch for the Blues 7.
No way do they use it for Saad, they want to knock it down to 15.
Our first this year plus ....
Pay overs if we have to, its our best shot at a low pick for the next 5 years
That pick will end up being #10 still overs for Saad imo

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Probably a dream but im hoping that Finlay MaCrae is available at our 1st selection for 2 reasons
I think he is a nice player and has AFL traits and his game will be similar to his brothers but also if we dont rate him i do know the doggies do.

If they trade Dunkley and get the future 1st rounder they will have 2 x 2021 1st rounders and maybe even 3 depending on what they get for Dunkley
They may feel that Macrae is worth trading next years for our 1st rounder to take him as he has trained with them last year.

Another kid i would like with our 2nd rounder is Eddie Ford, Has a bit of work to do on his endurance but extremely exciting mid/fwd
bit of zac butters about him but taller

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Probably a dream but im hoping that Finlay MaCrae is available at our 1st selection for 2 reasons
I think he is a nice player and has AFL traits and his game will be similar to his brothers but also if we dont rate him i do know the doggies do.

If they trade Dunkley and get the future 1st rounder they will have 2 x 2021 1st rounders and maybe even 3 depending on what they get for Dunkley
They may feel that Macrae is worth trading next years for our 1st rounder to take him as he has trained with them last year.

Another kid i would like with our 2nd rounder is Eddie Ford, Has a bit of work to do on his endurance but extremely exciting mid/fwd
bit of zac butters about him but taller
Both on my radar. I thought McRae would be gone by our pick but he might be there.
Spook got me looking at Ford and I really like him. He will be gone by our second rounder I reckon.

• Sad

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The AFL don't have many draft videos on their site. Is there somewhere else we can see them?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
What are your thoughts on Callow?
I’ll do some more work on him.

First thought is we are enamoured with him because we

a) need a key forward
b) jacks from Tassie and so is Callow

It feels a fit.

Reactions: 3 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Seen Callow up close, perfect frame for a footballer.

Id' be jumping for joy if Fin Macrae was available. Smart player. Makes things happen. Finds the footy.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I’ll do some more work on him.

First thought is we are enamoured with him because we

a) need a key forward
b) jacks from Tassie and so is Callow

It feels a fit.
Callow looks better at lower league but i have questions about his pace agility and leap , Usually doesnt work out to well when he gets matched upto a developed afl defenders.

Another player i like is Liam McMahon (need to forgive the 1st name being Liam and the Surname McMahon)
194cm 80kgs norther knights boy with May birthdate so he might have 1-2cm still in him to grow

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Callow looks better at lower league but i have questions about his pace agility and leap , Usually doesnt work out to well when he gets matched upto a developed afl defenders.

Another player i like is Liam McMahon (need to forgive the 1st name being Liam and the Surname McMahon)
194cm 80kgs norther knights boy with May birthdate so he might have 1-2cm still in him to grow
I didn’t clarify enough, I’m not huge on Callow, it’s a marriage of convenience with us hoping to find Jack 2.0 in Jack 1.0’s backyard.

I still think McRae is gone before our first.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I didn’t clarify enough, I’m not huge on Callow, it’s a marriage of convenience with us hoping to find Jack 2.0 in Jack 1.0’s backyard.

I still think McRae is gone before our first.

I'm hoping we can get a pick upgrade with the Dogs either via the Saints with Higgo, or just by swapping 21 and 35 with them for 14. Reckon we get slightly better value by rolling into the Higgo trade, which I think will get done, but we need an upgrade not any more picks in 2020. We already have too many IMO, looking at our list and expected list sizes.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
If we can draft 1 first rate tall plus Maurice, we will have done well.
McDonald out of reach but maybe a player like Cox, Chapman or Reid is gettable.
Blair knows.
So if we trade out Higgins for a future first and put that together with our own first and pick 36 Norths pick 9 is gettable.
Also North have already delisted 11? and we have a number of very good players still to be signed, including Garthwaite and Miller.
Put it together and it could happen.
if not we would have flexibility with future picks and Blair..
Confident they would find some gems, while the future picks now in, are saved for another day.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If we can draft 1 first rate tall plus Maurice, we will have done well.
McDonald out of reach but maybe a player like Cox, Chapman or Reid is gettable.
Blair knows.
So if we trade out Higgins for a future first and put that together with our own first and pick 36 Norths pick 9 is gettable.
Also North have already delisted 11? and we have a number of very good players still to be signed, including Garthwaite and Miller.
Put it together and it could happen.
if not we would have flexibility with future picks and Blair..
Confident they would find some gems, while the future picks now in, are saved for another day.

I've suggested we go after the Dogs 14 but Norths 11 (now 11 not 9 after the extra picks) makes sense too.

I reckon the Giants will be after Norths Pick 2 if they get decent returns for Cameron, something along the lines of Pick 10 and 13 for Cameron.

If we did something similar with North for Pick 11 and get them 2 firsts then they are well setup for filling those list spots with highly rated players rather than duds that have been delisted.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I read this in the Age - I reckon Dodoro is an absolute con artist - I am just glad we don’t have to deal with him or that club. I reckon their cheating culture under Hird continues in how they treat and trade with other clubs to this day.

“The Bulldogs are increasingly frustrated that the Bombers have offered a contract to their contracted player to encourage him to leave the club but to date have offered only a pick that they do not yet have – pick eight that Essendon will almost certainly get from Carlton as part of any exchange still being negotiated for Adam Saad.

Essendon has not offered either of the picks - six or seven – that they already have in the draft for Dunkley”

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users