2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
After a quick “surf” of the media world, I’ve come to the conclusion that nobody has a clue what we are doing ....love it, keep getting rid of the clubs leakers

Reactions: 9 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think every team in the competition would be crazy not to bid for Rioli.

We are basically certain to take him and everyone knows it so why wouldn't you try and disrupt us as much as you possibly can?

At worst you get a player with a great pedigree, which is as good as any indicator in the drafting process as to how good a player you will get, and your fans will be delighted because you screwed Richmond.
Hear what your saying , however I wouldn’t want us bidding on a player that most rate as a rookie pick and just to *smile* off another club, the days will come when the shoes on the other foot

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
After a quick “surf” of the media world, I’ve come to the conclusion that nobody has a clue what we are doing ....love it, keep getting rid of the clubs leakers
I suspect that what we are doing and the fact that no one knows, may have something to do with a plan to bid at 36, on one S Green.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If someone bids on MJR before our second pick, they can have him.

It’s a business.

Reactions: 6 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Remember swans tried real hard to swap us maybe pick 6 and 10 for pick 3,

so they could take Dusty?

as a sliding door moment, that's about as big as it gets in a Richmond persons life.
That was Sliding Doors 1.
Sliding Doors 2. Demons take Scully, not Dusty.
Sliding Doors 3. Scully goes to GWS. GWS later pass on Dusty.

Reactions: 1 user

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
I have this feeling that idiot Dodoro will bid on MRJ with one of his 3 first rounders - just to put himself in the limelight and get publicity for the bombers. Its the stupid type of thing he would do. Please someone assure me this wont happen?
If he is stupid enough to risk a top 10 pick on a player rated around pick 50 or so, I say good luck to the fool, I would not match it and let Dodoro live with the consequences.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can understand why a club would bid on a player to force another club to match and lose picks. But surely this would come back to bite you, and if everyone does this there will be few picks left. Why wouldn't Adelaide go for Ugle-Hagen and when matched just go down the list of players who are academy/father-son etc and screw everyone?

DS

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
DoDo wont be bidding on Rioli guys , He just does not have the picks

6-7-8 wont be used
Next pick is 44 and will most likely be already used up on other teams bidding on Brand & Eyre

Carlton is the only threat at their picks #31 or #38

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If Dodo did bid on MRJ in the first round (he wont)

I think we can and would live trade pick 20'ish

down for something equivalent like 2 picks in the mid 30's.

then match with 35, and take Jackson Callow, who we wanted in the first place, with 38.

Now that Dodo has apparently telegraphed this ridiculousness,

I imagine we'd already have a pick trade in principle agreement with a club who isn't a bunch of *smile*.

I can't imagine any world where the son of Maurice Rioli doesn't pull on a Richmond jumper today

*smile* im excited. Incredibly significant day for the football romantics amongst us (and isnt a sizeable romantic streak a pre-requisite for barracking for Richmond?)

edit: Matty Clarke 'we are heavily committed to bringing Maurice Rioli Jr, onto our list'

not 'looking at the possibility of', not 'interested', not 'committed'

'heavily committed'

in any weather you will see us with a grin (hey)
risking head and shin (hey)

(opens a can of Richmond premiership draught for breakfast, doubling up on the mental justification - Its draft day and we won the flag)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm also going to lodge my first round bust early ....

and im really sticking my neck out this year,

Elijah Hollands

Last edited:
  • Wow

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Surely the Bombers don't put in a bid on MRJ, their list has a Truck load of holes -Key forward, key defender, a midfielder, and a ruckman.
Instead of playing funny buggers they'd be better off addressing their needs. Dodora is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat, my money is on him pulling a hair out of his arse.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So Dodoro bidding on Rioli - I assume is just nervous speculation only - I haven’t read anywhere that this is remotely on the cards - unless Rioli is still available at the end of the draft.

I can’t see where a player who is not on anybody’s radar during the top 40 - 50 even jumps to be a top 10 pick

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There's no indication as to where in the draft Dodo or anyone else will bid for MoJo, just speculation that a bid will come at some point to keep us honest and not using pick 153 to draft him with.

All clubs will have strong ideas of what the kids draft values are, doubt that anyone would be stupid enough to risk a top ten pick on someone who's rated somewhere beyond thirty in the pecking order.

MoJo has a brilliant footballing family pedigree, but just like racehorses having a brilliant pedigree doesn't mean he'll automatically be an out and out champion.
Kid could be a flop, he could be good or he could be a champion. If he gets to us, then of course I hope he's an absolute star. If Dodo or someone else picks him up ahead of us, then MoJo's entitled to flop all he likes.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

20. Richmond - Nathan O'Driscoll
Height, Weight:
189cm, 78kg
Profile: Playing WAFL League football this year for Perth, O'Driscoll has shown the capacity to play inside, outside or on a back flank. O'Driscoll attacks the ball aggressively, tackles to hurt, demonstrates a high work rate, provides outside run and carry and has a penetrating kick.

39. Richmond - Liam McMahon
Height, Weight:
196cm, 84kg
Profile: McMahon is a key forward who attacks the ball aerially and takes marks at the highest point. While still quiet raw, McMahon is an good athlete with his leap and speed in particular impressive.

52. Richmond - Maurice Rioli Jnr (Richmond Father-Son)
Height, Weight: 173cm, 75kg
Profile: Son of Indigenous Team of the Century midfielder, Maurice Rioli, Rioli Jnr is arguably the premier pressure forward in this draft with the second and third tackle efforts he applies. Rioli Jnr possesses excellent speed, agility, ground level craft and is an instinctive finisher around goal with an impressive mind to body connection.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Surely the Bombers don't put in a bid on MRJ, their list has a Truck load of holes -Key forward, key defender, a midfielder, and a ruckman.
Instead of playing funny buggers they'd be better off addressing their needs. Dodora is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat, my money is on him pulling a hair out of his arse.

No, no, no you have it all wrong.

They have the greatest list ever assembled, they say it and David King generally backs them up so it must be true. Its the AFL, they are stopping them winning somehow (don't ask me how, or I'll have to say something incoherent).

'Returns from out of body experience' - I feel sick, what just happened, did I become a Bombers fan whilst out of body :vomit

• Wow

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
There is no doubt MRJ will be a tiger tonight nomatter what happens it will be done.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users