2020 AFL fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL fixture

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Next season's fixture to be released on Thursday, and so far just 2 confirmations: we play Cartoon on opening Thursday night (March 19?) and that lolnorf plays the Aints.

There could be 10 Thursday night games (2 up on this year).....seriously Gill.....and the Tokyo Olympics could also re-shape the fixture mid/late season some way.

I'll still stand by my words in that we'll play lolnorf and the Dogs once and at the Dump.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Next season's fixture to be released on Thursday, and so far just 2 confirmations: we play Cartoon on opening Thursday night (March 19?) and that lolnorf plays the Aints.

There could be 10 Thursday night games (2 up on this year).....seriously Gill.....and the Tokyo Olympics could also re-shape the fixture mid/late season some way.

I'll still stand by my words in that we'll play lolnorf and the Dogs once and at the Dump.

And the Suns once up there, Adelaide once over there in Adelaide and Freo once over in Perth.

And an extra home game at the Dump to appease all the whingers to go with our usual Home game against the Swans at the Dump.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The AFL will bend us over.
No more then 4 games in a row at the G.
Home game at Telstra dome against Stkilda
Away games back to back.
Round 23 not in Victoria
Last 6 weeks 2 interstate games, with one at the Telstra dome.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Away games back to back.
Round 23 not in Victoria
Doesn't matter. We'll still make the eight n then play the Granny on our home ground after dominating whoever, wherever in the finals.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Home game against the suns.
Has that ever happened?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Now that the AFL owns the Dome and is free from contractual arrangements there is no reason we should have to play ANY home games there.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Home game against the suns.
Has that ever happened?
Yep @the G
R12 ..... 2016
R20 ..... 2015
+3 × @cairns as our home game..... amazing how far we've come.

I know we all hated it at the time, but for Brendon and the board to make the tough decisions and to cop the fallout which has no doubt assisted us to get to where we are today, is nothing short of remarkable!

Cecil BJ Goddard could make a movie about us!;)

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I expect 10 home games at Etihad, 1 away game at Geelong, 1 home game against Port in China, 1 home game against Gold Coast in Cairns and no games at the G. Even if we make the GF they will play that game for the first time at TIO stadium.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yep @the G
R12 ..... 2016
R20 ..... 2015
+3 × @cairns as our home game..... amazing how far we've come.

I know we all hated it at the time, but for Brendon and the board to make the tough decisions and to cop the fallout which has no doubt assisted us to get to where we are today, is nothing short of remarkable!

Cecil BJ Goddard could make a movie about us!;)
Did Vickery kick a bag in the one of those MCG games?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I expect 10 home games at Etihad, 1 away game at Geelong, 1 home game against Port in China, 1 home game against Gold Coast in Cairns and no games at the G. Even if we make the GF they will play that game for the first time at TIO stadium.
:mhihi You got Gestapo Gill thinking.....possibility if we win the 2020 flag...

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Now that the AFL owns the Dome and is free from contractual arrangements there is no reason we should have to play ANY home games there.

No room for common sense TBH we are talking bout DER KOMMISSARS here, and their contrived competition that we are dominating when they dont want us too.

We will get stiffed and the Maggots will go under the radar with a dream run I reckon as for some reason we are the only MCG tennant that needs to be hobbled.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We wont get too stiffed. As much as the AFL would like to shut the wailers up, they know RFC during Prime Time at the G means revenue through crowds and broadcast viewers. They need our numbers to be high because no one attracts a crowd like us.

Reactions: 7 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
The opposition will be screaming at our soft draw for 2020. We won’t play anyone that finished higher than we did on the ladder in 2019. Can’t wait for Eddie and Chris Scott to start complaining!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Away games back to back.
Round 23 not in Victoria

No more than 2 in a row at the G. !

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We wont get too stiffed. As much as the AFL would like to shut the wailers up, they know RFC during Prime Time at the G means revenue through crowds and broadcast viewers. They need our numbers to be high because no one attracts a crowd like us.

Yeah but that could also mean West Coast in Perth in R23 and Geelong in Geelong on a Friday night in mid-winter and not too many consecutive games at the G.

Actually, from a selfish POV, I wouldn’t mind a few away games late in the h&a season as I’ll be overseas from late July to late August.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Kicked 4 goals against Suns in 2015 then kicked 6 against Collingwood the following week. Best two rounds of his career.

How many marks did he take when the ball was down the other end though? That's how I will remember Vickery

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users