2020 AFL fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL fixture

There’s now a nice little double now in Wagga Wagga for Labour Day weekend - the women’s team are playing at 5.10 on the Saturday and the men’s at 12.40 on the Sunday. Reasonable trains too, 8.30am departure from Melbourne on the Saturday (arrive about 1) and a 7.50pm train back on the Sunday.
What catches my attention is that it is still viable to by train between Mel and Wagga... more 1920 than 2020

I see ANZAC day clash between Pies and Bombers has gone for an evening slot. They just couldn't cope with us and Melbourne having a better ANZAC experience with the darkened MCG.

Reactions: 1 users
I see ANZAC day clash between Pies and Bombers has gone for an evening slot. They just couldn't cope with us and Melbourne having a better ANZAC experience with the darkened MCG.
There will be many not happy with that including a large number of vets that march and then go to the game.

• Sad
Wankers weren't complaining when they had to face off against us at the G against one of the weakest teams we put on the paddock all year and flogged us by 14 goals.

No rumbles or whinging from memory after that one.
They were carrying on like they'd won the flag after it, wouldn't mind seeing those idiots again

Our draw will be the most looked at & scrutinised of all the Clubs put together on thurs, most will even check it before thier own.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
No surprise. Our minimum interstate is 6 games every season.....but.....doesn't bother me now that we know what to do. This season proved it. Keep trying Gil...
Havent gone interstate 6 times for a little while, last 2 years has been 5 trips - exc final v Bris

We did 6 in 2017

I know this because I travelled to them all

Apparently the RSL have signed off on it

Most people will be attending the dawn service and then expected to hang around to qtr to 5 and watch a game of footy. Its ridiculous.
The starting time should've been brought foward to 1 o'clock not 5.

Reactions: 1 user
the most ridiculous thing about ANZAC day 2020 is that the AFL are letting the pies and dons have it exclusively, despite it being a Saturday. that is just plain wrong. there are usually 5 games on Saturday, so they will have to move 4 of them. they'll probably move 1 to Thursday and 1 to Monday (public holiday in lieu). But what about the other 2 games? Sunday perhaps?

Wankers weren't complaining when they had to face off against us at the G against one of the weakest teams we put on the paddock all year and flogged us by 14 goals.

No rumbles or whinging from memory after that one.

Also I don't remember them whinging when they had to play West Coast at the G in the semi final. I expected them to be pushing for the game to be played at Pussy Park given its against an interstate club. But no. Happy to play at the G and get an extra 20k fans in. Yet, against a Melbourne club, they whinge. Can't have it both ways

We had Blues , Pies ,Giants (away) Port (away) to start last year, wasn't exactly an easy start so even if we do travel a bit next season , it will probably be more spread out than this year where we did all our travelling early.

Ive already said this,Im expecting us to play all the interstate teams on their home ground this year. A first for any Victorian club.
I also expect us to go B2B with another premiership. Last H&A round will be played in Brisbane ground is my guess.
Dont care. We are a great team now and they all fear us. Stuff 'em all & the media & other crackpots on the social forums. Cant wait for GF win :)

Ive already said this,Im expecting us to play all the interstate teams on their home ground this year. A first for any Victorian club.
I also expect us to go B2B with another premiership. Last H&A round will be played in Brisbane ground is my guess.
Dont care. We are a great team now and they all fear us. Stuff 'em all & the media & other crackpots on the social forums. Cant wait for GF win :)
8 interstate trips ?, don think so

It is the first time in more than two decades that Melbourne, which finished 17th in 2019 after a preliminary final appearance last year, is heading out of Victoria for its round one match. Geez....really!!! About f...king time!

Thursday, March 19
Richmond v Carlton at the MCG, 7.25pm AEDT
Friday, March 20
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEDT
Saturday, March 21
Essendon v Fremantle at Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEDT
Adelaide v Sydney at Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT
Greater Western Sydney v Geelong at Giants Stadium, 7.25pm AEDT
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide at Metricon Stadium, 6.25pm AEST
Sunday, March 22
North Melbourne v St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT
Hawthorn v Brisbane at the MCG, 3.20pm AEDT
West Coast v Melbourne at Optus Stadium, 3.20pm AWST

the most ridiculous thing about ANZAC day 2020 is that the AFL are letting the pies and dons have it exclusively, despite it being a Saturday. that is just plain wrong. there are usually 5 games on Saturday, so they will have to move 4 of them. they'll probably move 1 to Thursday and 1 to Monday (public holiday in lieu). But what about the other 2 games? Sunday perhaps?

Stand tbc.... but I'm pretty sure we don't do the public holiday in lieu anymore. Think WA only state who have it.

Most people will be attending the dawn service and then expected to hang around to qtr to 5 and watch a game of footy. Its ridiculous.
The starting time should've been brought foward to 1 o'clock not 5.

Surprised Gill or Eddie haven't asked for the Dawn service to be moved to a Evening service to suit the game.

• Sad

No Monday public holiday for Anzac Day Bin Man. If it falls on a weekend the public holiday stays on the weekend without a day in lieu. They changed it a few years ago.

Surely they can't play just that game on Saturday? If so they'd end up with 6 games on a Sunday.