2020 AFL fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL fixture

I see the AFL giving us a snippet of whats to come with the pre-season comp draw":

1 March - v Scum at Wangaratta

8 March - v GWS at Wagga Wagga

We'll still get 14 games at the G. We'll play the Dogs and North at the dump as always. West Coast in Perth, both Adelaide teams in Adelaide and probably the Swans or Brisbane away too. I reckon we'll play GWS away in the first 4 rounds.

We'll probably have a home game against Geelong as they won't want to set it as our away game as the whinging will be ongoing as always.

Reactions: 1 user
How many marks did he take when the ball was down the other end though? That's how I will remember Vickery

Don't know can't remember. Did get 3 votes in Brownlow for Collingwood game though. Had 500 for metres gained and 2 goal assists to go with the 6 goals.

I see the AFL giving us a snippet of whats to come with the pre-season comp draw":

1 March - v Scum at Wangaratta

8 March - v GWS at Wagga Wagga
Very happy with that draw , first game will probably only be a 6 hour walk ;), the other is just a 2 hour drive, only negative is that there’s a fair chance the temp will be 35+ .

Pretty sure the Tiges will continue to get a game in Wang or close by, every 2 years for another 4 I think.

Actually think we will get the same amount of games at the G because all the other clubs want to play there for the large crowds,money,and pre finals experience.Having said that 2 games in a row in Tokyo during the Olympics could be on the cards.

• Haha
We'll still get 14 games at the G. We'll play the Dogs and North at the dump as always. West Coast in Perth, both Adelaide teams in Adelaide and probably the Swans or Brisbane away too. I reckon we'll play GWS away in the first 4 rounds.

We'll probably have a home game against Geelong as they won't want to set it as our away game as the whinging will be ongoing as always.

Why doesn't the AFL publicly ask Geelong if they want the money playing us at the MCG or would prefer to forgo the extra cash and play us at the little, mis-shaped ground down the coast.

DS

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anti-climax to stage the grand final rematch as a practice match - what a waste and just another example of the AFL having lost their feel for the game.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Anti-climax to stage the grand final rematch as a practice match - what a waste and just another example of the AFL having lost their feel for the game.

We should lose by 93 points. So we can hear Healy, Robbo and king all say GWS had too many injuries last year. And if they kicked with the wind in the 3rd qtr they would’ve won.:rotfl1

• Haha
Why doesn't the AFL publicly ask Geelong if they want the money playing us at the MCG or would prefer to forgo the extra cash and play us at the little, mis-shaped ground down the coast.

DS
Stand to be corrected but I think Geelong pocket around 600k per game down the highway due to total control of ticketing, pourage and catering rights. When you consider that there's probably not that many walk ups they must be gouging plenty on reserved seating, food and drink.

I've always wondered how much any club makes from an MCG game if the majority are members.
Anyway, I think the cats do always request 11 home games for the above reason.

Geelong to play GWS round 1. Fingers crossed GWS give them a slapping .
It would be nice to see Geelong at the bottom of the ladder even if it’s only one week.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
There’s now a nice little double now in Wagga Wagga for Labour Day weekend - the women’s team are playing at 5.10 on the Saturday and the men’s at 12.40 on the Sunday. Reasonable trains too, 8.30am departure from Melbourne on the Saturday (arrive about 1) and a 7.50pm train back on the Sunday.

Our draw this year will be similar to the other years,

I’d really love to get north and Sydney on the MCG.

North at the G will be a percentage booster
North at the telstra dome will be another 6 goal loss.

Wankers weren't complaining when they had to face off against us at the G against one of the weakest teams we put on the paddock all year and flogged us by 14 goals.

No rumbles or whinging from memory after that one.

Caroline Wilson reckons we'll be travelling twice to Perth. ... the 2nd time R23 to appease the ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ whingers!
Also Gws x2 ..... Brisbane up there on a Fri or Thurs and probably v sydney @the ****hole!

• Sad
Caroline Wilson reckons we'll be travelling twice to Perth. ... the 2nd time R23 to appease the ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ whingers!
Also Gws x2 ..... Brisbane up there on a Fri or Thurs and probably v sydney @the ****hole!

We played freo at freo this year.
Do they get us there again??
The bend over crew at the AFL at the simple best

• Wow

We will slap brisbane regardless where we play them

They should be worried that we don't get them twice.

Wankers weren't complaining when they had to face off against us at the G against one of the weakest teams we put on the paddock all year and flogged us by 14 goals.

No rumbles or whinging from memory after that one.

No they were pretty happy with themselves especially the Salty one in the box.

No surprise. Our minimum interstate is 6 games every season.....but.....doesn't bother me now that we know what to do. This season proved it. Keep trying Gil...