2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Well, I think Ward suits Hawthorn better than Hobbs, they already have plenty of inside mids. Johnson has also been linked to the Hawks.
Twoomey suggesting Johnson very much in the sights at the Hawks. I would go Johnson over Ward.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm open to that situation as I reckon we can strike a counterbalance by picking up some value state leaguers or sliders like Dittmar or Browne. That midfield sets us up for the next decade, Hobbs the perfect compliment to Johnson's finishing skills, Sonsie provides the dash & craftiness. As for the other picks, Dean I want but there are some others who could provide some value. I note Draft Central has Schlensog in their top 50 so he's clearly still in the frame.
We haven't been linked to Johnson haven't we.

What's your views on Amiss and Erasmus ?
My short priced Freo duo. The take Amiss first then let us pass on Eramus and snatch him or maybe Johnson first, not ruling that out. But I think it's a lock they go all WA with those picks. Makes sense needs-wise and risk wise.

Club recently held coterie zoom call re the draft.
One thing I can say is that we have now locked in our top 14 players and will pick the best available player regardless of position.
Our next picks may be more strategic depending on who we pick with our first

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
This is my guess
Pick 1 - Horne
Pick 2 - Daicos
Pick 3 - Darcy
Pick 4 - Callaghan
Pick 5 - Andrew
Pick 6 - Rachelle
Pick 7 - Johnson
Pick 8 - Amiss
Pick 9 - Hobbs
Pick 10 - Erasmus
Pick 11 - Sinn
Pick 12 - Gibcus
Pick 13 - Ward
Pick 14 - Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 15 - Goater
Pick 16 - Butler
Pick 17 - Sonsie

My short priced Freo duo. The take Amiss first then let us pass on Eramus and snatch him or maybe Johnson first, not ruling that out. But I think it's a lock they go all WA with those picks. Makes sense needs-wise and risk wise.
Yep definitely a lock.

Either Hobbs did enough to convince us in his interview or April, or we’ve gone cold on him

Reactions: 1 user
I like it BH but we would need to convert two of our 20's picks into an early teens pick for that to happen.
Personally, I’d trade all 20’s picks for another inside the top 10-12. With three picks inside the top 15 we’d be a near certainty to walk away with at least two “generational” type talents.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
This site may be of interest to some.
Scroll to the name then click on the + icon, gives some information on the player

What's your views on Amiss and Erasmus ?
Fine for our second selection but I'm hesitant to use pick 9, I'm still not sold on Erasmus being a full time mid & Amiss isn't exactly a power forward.

Reactions: 1 users
Fine for our second selection but I'm hesitant to use pick 9, I'm still not sold on Erasmus being a full time mid & Amiss isn't exactly a power forward.

Agree with you on Erasmus and why we won't pick him with our 1st. We will pick a player that we are certain of playing 150+ games. That's Hobbs, Ward or Gibcus IMO.

Erasmus could well be the best, but this is our 1st pick in the top 10 in the last 10 years, no way we take someone that is as risky as Erasmus is. He's a high risk, high reward pick IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
I know a few on here don't rate Matt Rendell but the below article is still an interesting look at a recruiters view on a few players from their under 16 year. He had the Vic pool substantially ahead of the rest. Recruiters won't forget and will back their early judgment, their will be bargains to be had for sure.

Reactions: 5 users