2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

I still don't know what to make of him, sometimes I get the Dermie waddler vibe but he's not a terrible athlete. Dane Swan would be the player I think you would want to emulate, big call but Swan was also a highly speculative type, much like Sheldrick who seems to have risen to every challenge, including doing a number on Horne-Francis.
Great comparison into his type and style with his running but also some neal type attributes

“November latest: Relentless inside midfielder Hobbs has been reportedly linked to the Tigers and they have also shown a keen interest in Ward, but the Northern Knights product may become a Hawk with the previous pick. Key forward Amiss is also in the mix and would address another glaring need. Goater would be difficult to resist if he fell to Richmond’s second selection, or will the the Tigers pounce on another Butler? As for their trio of picks in the 30s, Richmond has shown interest in crafty forward Motlop, while Bazzo could come into the equation as a tall defender.”

Reactions: 2 users
AFL Draft Central Ranking points (average per match)

1. Nick Daicos 136
2. Morgan Ferres 125
3. Connor McDonald 121
4. Zac Taylor 117
5. Cooper Murley 116
6. Joshua Browne 108
7. Jase Burgoyne 107
8. Hugh Jackson 107
9. Neil Erasmus 106
10. Lewis Rayson 103
11. James Willis 103
12. Blayne O'Loughlin 102
13. Angus Sheldrick 102
14. Arlo Draper 102
15. Josh Ward 101

* Johnson 93, Callaghan 87, Hobbs 86

Need to view these numbers with some trepidation, some players have been playing seniors so naturally they will have inferior stats. In any case it's a good guide as to potential bargains down the order.
Not champion data.
Just chuck it in the bin or send it to David king.

Geez Graigy I won't sleep tonight knowing Biggie has nominated for the draft.
Yeah thats a shame , I was worried this would happen and Norf / St Kilda will take him

Biggy was always a risky choice not sure why we wouldnt have gone with Martyn or Caddy

Reactions: 1 user
Just listened to Josh Sinn being interviewed. .... they asked him to come on and give them his top 10 in this years draft..... Didn't do a Royce and put himself in, but had Finn Callahan @1 JHF @2 Daicos @3 and Darcy @4

Sounds like an impressive young man.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Knevitt's kicking concerns me the most, aside from that he's an interesting prospect, his athletic profile stands out so there's decent upside if he can tidy up the disposal and decision making.
Bully - how would you compare Knevitt's kicking to Bont's as a junior? From memory Bont was a bit untidy in that part of his game?

Just listened to Josh Sinn being interviewed. .... they asked him to come on and give them his top 10 in this years draft..... Didn't do a Royce and put himself in, but had Finn Callahan @1 JHF @2 Daicos @3 and Darcy @4

Sounds like an impressive young man..... I'll post the link when it's uploaded.
Doesnt sound Figgy enough for the Drugs to draft to him then.

Sounds like an impressive young man..... I'll post the link when it's uploaded.
Well Finn is his mate and teammate so he's hardly objective .

Bully - how would you compare Knevitt's kicking to Bont's as a junior? From memory Bont was a bit untidy in that part of his game?
I think the gap between Knevitt's best & worst is sizeable whereas Bont always seemed to appear fluid. I think Bont was a natural on the run whereas Knevitt is more proppy. I'm struggling to see another role for Knevitt apart from the midfield, but he does have a turn of speed which is the reason he's not sitting alongside Roberts & Long. Definitely an all or nothing selection but I suppose when you are carrying five top 30 picks you can afford to roll the dice on one or two.