2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Have we broken the record for the most posts for a on coming draft?
All i say with 5 picks under 30 we better pluck 2 quality kids.
We cant afford to *smile* this up.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t think he’s the quickest or most agile small fwd-mid I’ve seen, but by jingoes look how low to the ground he’s able to get the ball at the point of connection with his foot on some of his kicks. Right and left. All class.

• Love
Yeah he certainly has the cleanest hands in the draft. Game day or training it's all one touch.

Reactions: 1 users
Check out the latest vid on the Raz. Boy his voice has got deeper since I last heard him speaking.

If you watch him running, he’s not that gifted. Good endurance but a touch slow and awkward. His gait reminds me a bit of Lenny Hayes. Great above his head. With his engine could he be a bit of a Hayes type ? Not one of my favourites but not without some interest either.

Richmond

Draft picks: 7, 15, 26, 27, 28, 83

List needs: Inside midfielders, key forwards, outside speed, key defensive depth

Who could be available at first pick: Josh Rachele, Josh Ward, Ben Hobbs, Jye Amiss

Could be in the mix after that: Josh Goater, Josh Sinn, Sam Butler Zac Taylor, Angus Sheldrick, Jack Williams, Blake Howes

Richmond is crying out for inside midfielders after being smashed in the clinches last season, ranking dead last for stoppage-clearance differential and 16th for contested-possession differential. Ball-winning machine Hobbs would suit the Tigers’ needs perfectly, but will he still be on the board at seven (nine after bids)? Ward, an ultra-consistent midfielder likened to Zach Merrett, could also impact right away and may be on offer, while Rachele has the matchwinning traits as a forward-mid to be a superb option for the Tigers. Amiss is worth considering after the loss of Callum Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol during the trade and free agency period. With five picks inside the top 30, Richmond could look to package selections to move up the board, but expect them to be sitting pretty either way with their strong hand. Line-breaking options Goater or Sinn may be available at the Tigers’ second pick, while draft bolter Sheldrick, a tough-as-nails 179cm midfielder and classy ball user Taylor look to be around the mark for their three picks in the 20s.

November latest: Relentless inside midfielder Hobbs has been reportedly linked to the Tigers and they have also shown a keen interest in Ward, but the Northern Knights product may become a Hawk with the previous pick. Key forward Amiss is also in the mix and would address another glaring need. Goater would be difficult to resist if he fell to Richmond’s second selection, or will the the Tigers pounce on another Butler? As for their trio of picks in the 30s, Richmond has shown interest in crafty forward Motlop, while Bazzo could come into the equation as a tall defender.

So the HS says we need inside mids and then their "could be in the mix" group basically ignores all the inside mids (bar Sheldrick) - sounds legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If Cumberbatch is back on the main list does that mean we'll still have the 5 early picks plus two rookie spots (with Biggie gone too)?

Yeah I was trying to work that out myself. What does it mean? Do we only make 4 picks because we have an agreed pick trade in place waiting for live trading??

Interesting

Check out the latest vid on the Raz. Boy his voice has got deeper since I last heard him speaking.

If you watch him running, he’s not that gifted. Good endurance but a touch slow and awkward. His gait reminds me a bit of Lenny Hayes. Great above his head. With his engine could he be a bit of a Hayes type ? Not one of my favourites but not without some interest either.

so a slow, shuffling, boy soprano, who tires easily?

I see that as being good for SuperCoach over anything else. The Prospectus really needs to come back, i am assuming u were a fan of that each yr?
It can be very helpful in determining disposal efficiency, overall production & inside capability. It shouldn't be used to red line players but more a tool to find value down the order.

You mean Inside Football prospectus?

Club recently held coterie zoom call re the draft.
One thing I can say is that we have now locked in our top 14 players and will pick the best available player regardless of position.
Our next picks may be more strategic depending on who we pick with our first
Does 14 ranked players mean we are planning on trading up from our 2nd pick?

Last edited: