2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Considering we paid such a high price for 27 (38, 40 & F3) it would be a surprise if we used one of the 20’s picks on Soligo, who would probably have been available at either of the original picks. Hopefully it’s just him making the link due to him playing for our VFL team. Despite his contacts, Twomey isn’t always right, in 2016 I remember him having us as taking E Himmelberg in front of Bolton.

Reactions: 5 users
We took Dow earlier than others had him so I’m prepared for anything.

Reactions: 3 users
Can you paste the HS list here please?
Here you go, mate.

1. North Melbourne - Jason Horne-Francis (South Adelaide)
2. Western Bulldogs - Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers)
3. GWS - Finn Callaghan (Sandringham Dragons)
4. Collingwood - Nick Daicos (Oakleigh Chargers)
5. Gold Coast - Mac Andrew (Dandenong Stingrays)
6. Adelaide - Josh Rachele (Murray Bushrangers)
7. Hawthorn - Josh Ward (Northern Knights)
8. Fremantle - Ben Hobbs (GWV Rebels)
9. Richmond - Josh Gibcus (GWV Rebels)
10. Fremantle - Jye Amiss (East Perth)
11. St Kilda - Matt Johnson (Subiaco)
12. West Coast - Campbell Chesser (Sandringham)
13. Essendon - Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Glenelg)
14. Port Adelaide - Josh Sinn (Sandringham Dragons)
15. GWS - Sam Butler (GWV Rebels)
16. Brisbane - Darcy Wilmot (Northern Knights)
17. Richmond - Neil Erasmus (Subacio/WA)
18. Sydney - Tom Brown (Murray Bushrangers)
19. Melbourne - Blake Howes (Sandringham Dragons)
20. Brisbane - Jacob van Rooyen (Claremont)
21. Fremantle - Josh Goater (Calder Cannons)
22. North Melbourne - Jesse Motlop (South Fremantle)
23. Hawthorn - Tyler Sonsie (Eastern Ranges)
24. Geelong - Mitch Knevitt (Geelong Falcons)
25. Hawthorn - Judson Clarke (Dandenong Stingrays)
26. GWS - Josh Fahey (GWS Academy)
27. Carlton - Connor MacDonald (Dandenong Stingrays)
28. Richmond - Arlo Draper (South Adelaide)
29. Richmond - Jake Soligo (Eastern Ranges)
30. St Kilda - Mitchito Owens (Sandringham Dragons)

Reactions: 2 users
Clubs don't ever really over reach,has they take players by their own rankings,not by Twomey,big footy,pre,or any one of us,in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: 1 users
If we end up with those 1st 2. I really hope we trade up a few spots to get MacDonald. We seriously need an inside mid this year, either Hobbs or MacDonald for me.

I've seen both Twomey and the HS have North taking Motlop with their 2nd. They would likely still be able to get him at 1 of our picks so we should be going after that pick IMO.

Interesting that both Twomey and the HS have the first 7 picks the same. Probably looking likely that the fun only starts the pick before ours.

Is there any chance, even the slightest, that Callaghan gets through to us?

I think I already know the answer though.

So do I. In fact, wouldn’t be surprised if the Suns take Gibcus and not Andrew.

Interesting he’s got Draper way down at 26 and Taylor outside the 30. Think that’s both about right.
I absolutely love Hobbs, but I’d find it hard to overlook Gibcus if he was available at our pick.
But if it is Andrew that is still there, I’m definitely taking Hobbs (sorry Leysy).

Reactions: 1 user
I absolutely love Hobbs, but I’d find it hard to overlook Gibcus if he was available at our pick.
But if it is Andrew that is still there, I’m definitely taking Hobbs (sorry Leysy).
If by chance the Suns do take Gibcus ahead of Andrew, then it wouldn’t be a shock to see Andrew being a slider. Maybe even down to the Saints at 11.

Reactions: 2 users
Clubs don't ever really over reach,has they take players by their own rankings,not by Twomey,big footy,pre,or any one of us,in the eye of the beholder.
True comment.
Take this forum for instance. Some saying Andrew too risky, others saying to take him no matter what or Hobbs definitely has to be our first pick, whilst others wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.
Some players may seem like a reach to some but not for others !

I’d be ok with that also.

I can't see Erasmus falling that far with West Coast there. The HS really think they value Chesser higher?

I'm still on the Hobbs / Sonsie double act as my preference. We need inside midfield improvement. Grimes will go around longer than Cotch and I feel out biggest needs are midfield and forward rather than defence. I'd be happy to take either Bazzo or Aleer with our 20's picks to fill the tall void on our list.

I can't see Erasmus falling that far with West Coast there. The HS really think they value Chesser higher?

I'm still on the Hobbs / Sonsie double act as my preference. We need inside midfield improvement. Grimes will go around longer than Cotch and I feel out biggest needs are midfield and forward rather than defence. I'd be happy to take either Bazzo or Aleer with our 20's picks to fill the tall void on our list.
Agree mr P.
Though if we take Gibbo and the Sonz then I'll still be a happy man.

I wouldnt be surprised if Aleer is taken by either the Cats or Blues. Bazzo might also be gone.
It would be better for our list balance to get a tall, but if they're already taken it means more likely to get another mid we like ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Probably closer to what I think the real list will look like than what the HS showed.

If it plays out like that, I'd expect us to have a red hot crack at either Freos pick or Norths pick before drafting starts again on Thursday.

If we got Hobbs / Johnson, JVR and Sonsie, we'd be looking really good. Maybe 26 and 27 (I think 29 and 30) for 19 (21) and 60 (wherever that comes in to) would make sense. Freo would then be in a great position to take Bazzo and another, maybe even Williams if they go tall with both of them.

Would make sense for us, and we probably get Soligo with that late pick back from Freo.