2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
So do I. In fact, wouldn’t be surprised if the Suns take Gibcus and not Andrew.

Interesting he’s got Draper way down at 26 and Taylor outside the 30. Think that’s both about right.
Yeah agree,l think Andrew is over rated ,he's been a very good ruck in a ordinary year for Rucks ,he's been up against a lot of kp types .
I would take Gibcus though if he was their.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Get it right Easy

It's Billion McTavish-Sonton

And he has a very bad haircut!
There's no way our committee would grant a licence to hyphenate that name. He's clearly from Corio and named after a TV show to make him sound posh. He doesn't. Especially since the actual spelling at birth was Billyon.

But you're right, he does have a bad haircut. From his great grandmother. So he'd look nice on her 50th birthday.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
There's no way our committee would grant a licence to hyphenate that name. He's clearly from Corio and named after a TV show to make him sound posh. He doesn't. Especially since the actual spelling at birth was Billyon.

But you're right, he does have a bad haircut. From his great grandmother. So he'd look nice on her 50th birthday.
Wishing I'd named my kid Billyon

• Haha

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Hobbs sliding doesn't surprise me, although I'd say he's just settling into a range that is familiar to most inside mids. I think there's a few weaknesses that have largely been overlooked by the media, he has no left foot, his kicking range is limited and his efficiency isn't uber elite. Add to that his lack of pace & lack of outside game and you have a player who could feasibly drift out to an early teens pick.

Hobbs fits a desperate need.
We dont have a pick in the early teens, for sure he'll be gone by our 15.
Its at 7 or never really.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Hobbs fits a desperate need.
We dont have a pick in the early teens, for sure he'll be gone by our 15.
Its at 7 or never really.
Yep,if Gibcus is gone,Hobbs is the one,l haven't changed my thoughts for the last couple of months.
I would like Butler for our second selection,l wouldn't be surprised to see Macdonald going earlier than the Carlton second rounder.

I still like Jack Williams for one of our second rounders ,l was watching more of him last week,l still think he can be a Afl player,be it as a forward or even a full back .
Over Hobbs?
Yep,l liked Gibcus over Hobbs ages ago,but always thought Gibcus would be gone before our pick,,BUT would love Hobbs if Gibcus is gone ,out of those 2 for me

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hobbs sliding doesn't surprise me, although I'd say he's just settling into a range that is familiar to most inside mids. I think there's a few weaknesses that have largely been overlooked by the media, he has no left foot, his kicking range is limited and his efficiency isn't uber elite. Add to that his lack of pace & lack of outside game and you have a player who could feasibly drift out to an early teens pick.

You can look at all the draftees clips and pick weaknesses. What stood out for me is that he is a player that is strong overhead which translates in his ability to push forward and kick goals. A key in todays game with being able to play multiple positions.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Billyon McTavish-Sonton

the kid almost deserves his own thread

Billyon McTavish-Sonton 169/89 small big-bodied striker - Reykjavick Polar Bears FC

McTavish-Sonton comes to the tigers as a category C rookie. Awarded the Snorri Sturlenson Medal for the Most Berserk Young Player in the Northern most organised sporting competition in the world, McTavish-Sontons mother, left Corio, Victoria and moved to Greenland to pursue her dream of becoming a walrus tusk polisher in 1991.

The only Australian football McTavish-Sonton has ever seen is a replay of the 1989 grand final

'I hope to model my game on Märk Yeats?' explained the stunned, heavily-bearded, strongly built small man

McTavish-Sontons mother, Narellisha, laughed as she recounted how Billyon always seemed puzzled by the posters of Craig Biddiscombe on his wall.

'he used to just sort of stare at them' she said

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The hearld sun is waiting till tomorrow before they publish my predictions
20211123_092331.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
does he say anything?
Our first pick will definitely best available. We will not be reaching for a need.

He also said that our picks in the 20's could very well be traded out for next years draft or to move up/down in the draft this year depending on who is available.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He also said that our picks in the 20's could very well be traded out for next years draft or to move up/down in the draft this year depending on who is available.

Sounds like we have agreements in place to do various things depending on who is on or off the board.

Great to see we are really prepared for this draft.

I see this as our midfielders draft (hence why steering away from most talls) and then through either FA or through next years draft (a 1st and 2 2nd's gives us great flexibility to trade up) to get some talls in.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sounds like we have agreements in place to do various things depending on who is on or off the board.

Great to see we are really prepared for this draft.

I see this as our midfielders draft (hence why steering away from most talls) and then through either FA or through next years draft (a 1st and 2 2nd's gives us great flexibility to trade up) to get some talls in.
I definitely believe the picks we have now wont be the same come the end of the draft.

I also cant see us taking any talls outside of Gibcus and Van Rooyen.

With best available it will be interesting to see who we rank higher out the likes of Hobbs, Gibcus, Erasmus, Johnson. I think our first pick will come from one of these 4.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah agree,l think Andrew is over rated ,he's been a very good ruck in a ordinary year for Rucks ,he's been up against a lot of kp types .
I would take Gibcus though if he was their.
Yeah, same way that Majak Daw still to this day is overrated. The thing with Mac is he will take a minimum of 4 years to put on enough size to be able to compete and even then there is no guarantee. The Sudanese boys are for the most part naturally tall and very lean and it is very difficult to change the lean into something that could take on a rampaging Toby Nankervis. I would be really disappointed if we took him with our first pick.