2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hey @bullus_hit you look like the guy to ask, or any other expert who may know ..... What's the story with Joshua Browne from WA?
I know nothing of him and seeing him on your list I had a quick look at his stats from this year and he appeared to get plenty of the footy..... avg 33 disposals?
Also, Cal Twomey had him in some sort of draft team mid year so I was wondering WTF happened to him?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not too bad, missed the biscuit on a few but that's to be expected. Dittmar & Browne back to the state leagues I guess. No Ronny Fejo!

Final Top 50 (rankings)

so Leek Aller the biggest bolter and Zac Taylor the biggest slider?

I didnt realise the GC preselections end up rookied

what's the wage difference between a first rounder and a rookie these days?

Thats how much they stooged Alex Davies last year.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Hey @bullus_hit you look like the guy to ask, or any other expert who may know ..... What's the story with Joshua Browne from WA?
I know nothing of him and seeing him on your list I had a quick look at his stats from this year and he appeared to get plenty of the footy..... avg 33 disposals?
Also, Cal Twomey had him in some sort of draft team mid year so I was wondering WTF happened to him?
It may be possible that he was viewed as slightly vanilla but I think his stats confirm that he was the hardest working mid in the pool. I like his work ethic & desire to improve, that's why I had him ranked so high, I felt he was the type who would thrive in a professional environment. His skills are clean enough without being extraordinary and he can play defence as was illustrated at state level. The worst development for Browne was the rise of Sheldrick who ousted him from his midfield spot. Terrible timing for him personally as he isn't quite as comfortable on a back flank but I would have thought winning the Colts B&F on the back of 13 games would have been enough evidence.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We give the newbies higher numbers, usually in the order we draft them, so I'll guess 28 for Gibbo, 30 for Browny (two nicknames you could set your crewcut to), 40 for The Sonz, 41 for Rob Banks, 42 for Jud's on Clarke, Pearce off.
we do but we may also give some on the list higher numbers.
6, 12, 14, 18, 24 are all available

Let's put the pressure on Gibcus and give him either Richo's or Rance's old number :)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Albeit their style won’t suit him, and I doubt they’ll know how to use him, glad that Cooper Hamilton got drafted by GWS. Can play.

Also, Karl Worner to Freo. A real sleeper. Richmond had him down to Punt Road last season playing in the VFL where he went well. Played a good game v VC for VM. Will enjoy the pacy, large grounds over there.

Two more to my late pick-value list for 6 in total that made the cut and got selected. Will have fun watching them all.

Shenanigans with Mayes and Port ?

Last edited:

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
We needed to upgrade 1 to main list for 2 reasons, 1 to reach minimum 36 on main list & 2 to make room for Biggy

We upgraded Mansell which makes sense to me as he was the only rookie contracted beyond 2022

2022/Rookie46BenMiller
2022/Rookie44SydneyStack
2022/Rookie16JakeAarts
2022/Rookie37MattParker
2022/Rookie50MarlionPickett
2022/Rookie47BigoaNyuon
CAT B Rookie39Mate'Colina
So Stacky only signed on for 1 year …Taz what is the position now in regard to elevation. I take it rookies can
still be elevated on to the main list.
Also it seems that unless a player retires mid season like Griggy, we will not be able to recruit via the mid season draft?

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
we do but we may also give some on the list higher numbers.
6, 12, 14, 18, 24 are all available

Let's put the pressure on Gibcus and give him either Richo's or Rance's old number :)
I think Gibcus likes pressure,he seems the type we could make Captain and it wouldn't bother him :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
So Stacky only signed on for 1 year …Taz what is the position now in regard to elevation. I take it rookies can
Also it seems that unless a player retires mid season like Griggy, we will not be able to recruit via the mid season draft?
Yeah,unless a player gets a long term injury like Soldo was .

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Retires mid season or is put on the inactive list like we did last year with Soldo when we signed up Parker, so if we get a long term injury then we could pick someone up in the MSD.

tigertough12

Tiger Superstar
Jun 3, 2004
Its clear the rule changes were introduced to bend us over. Why isn't a rule change after Melbourne won the flag. Why was Melbournes style better viewing then our style?
Because they fken hate us!
The scoring didnt increase.
6-6-6 didn't work but the stand rule was our kryptonite.
Watch the Sydney game at the G.
Hocking was slapping himself for a week.
The Sydney game was played in 35deg heat. But yes agree the stand rule was our kryptonite

Feb 25, 2007
Draft "expert" Knightmare, gave us a D+ for the National Draft. Is this bloke normally accurate?

Horribly inaccurate

No Way Reaction GIF

Feb 25, 2007
I questioned him on it & to be fair he based the grade on the 'power rankings' he put up pre draft.

Just an opinion so no point getting upset. Only time will tell anyway.

What he says doesn't make any sense, especially what he said about Richmond.

This from Barnzy to Chriss

Guy clearly has a bone to pick. I posted this in his thread.

In his last phantom draft Knightmare had:

Gibcus at 11th, drafted 9th
Brown at 18th, drafted 17th
Sonsie at 23rd, drafted 28th
Banks at 43rd, drafted 29th
Clarke at 31st, drafted 30th

How does that equal a D+

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Sounds like we rared Johnson, trying to trade down for him at 21.
so I guess we came very close to picking him at 17
With the benefit of hindsight it appears there was a concern with Johnson which all clubs were aware of and from whats being mentioned its a go home factor and his bad patch in the seniors.

He looked pretty upset after day 1 and i have a feeling some clubs reached out to him and were happier to draft him on day 2 , Maybe the conversation they had was more positive and 3 clubs , Freo,Hawks,Richmond all wanted him and Richmond apparently offered up 2 of our picks but freo wanted 2022 1st rounder plus which both Hawks & Richmond wouldnt do.

But i think the concerns on day 1 were there for so many clubs to not take him with picks 14-20

Reactions: 4 users