2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Operation “Get Harry Lemmy” starts now. :ROFLMAO:
Your starting early :LOL: I also like Jhye Clark inside mid from the Falcons and Noah Long from bendigo ,and the other Hollands boy Oliver isn't too bad.
George Stevens is one of the better prospects for the Rebels next year,,but early day's yet .

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I questioned him on it & to be fair he based the grade on the 'power rankings' he put up pre draft.

Just an opinion so no point getting upset. Only time will tell anyway.

The thing is he changes his mind more often than I change my undies. Look at his August power rankings, they are completely different to his October ones.

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What he says doesn't make any sense, especially what he said about Richmond.

This from Barnzy to Chriss

Guy clearly has a bone to pick. I posted this in his thread.

In his last phantom draft Knightmare had:

Gibcus at 11th, drafted 9th
Brown at 18th, drafted 17th
Sonsie at 23rd, drafted 28th
Banks at 43rd, drafted 29th
Clarke at 31st, drafted 30th

How does that equal a D+
Only if his phantom is given a D

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
So how did we all go? From my draft options, I got 3 picked.

9 – Gibcus - Key defender (196cm/87kg)
17 – Sonsie – Midfielder (181cm/77kg)
28 - Taylor - Midfielder (180cm/74kg)
29 - Knevitt – Midfielder (193cm/81kg)
30 – Clarke – Small Forward (179cm/70kg)
Im Presuming you are talking about the phantom draft that Bullus run this year ?

I had Geelong and they had just 4 picks at the time and all 4 of my picks got selected with 1 being taken by geelong

#22 - Darcy Wilmot - Midfielder / HB (#16)
#26 - Tom Brown - Midfielder /HB ( #17)
#30 - Jack Williams -Key Foward (#57)
#32 - Toby Conway - Ruckman (#24)

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
We give the newbies higher numbers, usually in the order we draft them, so I'll guess 28 for Gibbo, 30 for Browny (two nicknames you could set your crewcut to), 40 for The Sonz, 41 for Rob Banks, 42 for Jud's on Clarke, Pearce off.
Lololol Well there's a pearce next year ,Oscar Pearce 194cm 73 kg from Woodville is suppose to be not bad.

Feb 25, 2007
Im Presuming you are talking about the phantom draft that Bullus run this year ?

I had Geelong and they had just 4 picks at the time and all 4 of my picks got selected with 1 being taken by geelong

#22 - Darcy Wilmot - Midfielder / HB (#16)
#26 - Tom Brown - Midfielder /HB ( #17)
#30 - Jack Williams -Key Foward (#57)
#32 - Toby Conway - Ruckman (#24)

No, just talking about all of us putting in this actual thread our "phantom tiger draft picks" for what we thought the players the club would pick.

Last edited:

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Once a player is selected, his draft position means bugger all.
They all start day one with the same opportunity. Work hard and when the opportunity presents do your absolute best.
Some will make it, some won’t, regardless.
Best of luck to all our boys

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What he says doesn't make any sense, especially what he said about Richmond.

This from Barnzy to Chriss

Guy clearly has a bone to pick. I posted this in his thread.

In his last phantom draft Knightmare had:

Gibcus at 11th, drafted 9th
Brown at 18th, drafted 17th
Sonsie at 23rd, drafted 28th
Banks at 43rd, drafted 29th
Clarke at 31st, drafted 30th

How does that equal a D+
I don't know but a D + at high school for me was a nice little bonus, yet superfluous, D was a pass and that was enough.

As long as I passed and didn't have to re write a project or re sit a test ..........good times!!

Actually D+ is accurate for not taking Ronnie !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I don't know but a D + at high school for me was a nice little bonus, yet superfluous, D was a pass and that was enough.

As long as I passed and didn't have to re write a project or re sit a test ..........good times!!

Actually D+ is accurate for not taking Ronnie !!!
Telling you a D was a pass was very cruel of them.

Which school is this please so I can report them Craig McKellar ?

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
years ago there was someone on Big Footy who rated David Gourdis as a pick 6 in his phantom . I think that was Knightmare or am I incorrect ?
U dik knightmare,u absolute tool,I give a A, as best defender,

Top 5 talent mid.
Versatile half back-mid-wings with pace ,hurt factor top 3-4 in their positions.

Talented high procession forward mid with pace.

All guys good kicks with pace.
Our list is significantly better in 2022 .
Knightmare your way too biast.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
His phantom is an F
I have questioned him on Twitter about our rating. He failed to take into account little football that was played these last two years by the Vic kids. And based on this did not take into account any of their Under 16 form which is ridiculous.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
With the benefit of hindsight it appears there was a concern with Johnson which all clubs were aware of and from whats being mentioned its a go home factor and his bad patch in the seniors.

He looked pretty upset after day 1 and i have a feeling some clubs reached out to him and were happier to draft him on day 2 , Maybe the conversation they had was more positive and 3 clubs , Freo,Hawks,Richmond all wanted him and Richmond apparently offered up 2 of our picks but freo wanted 2022 1st rounder plus which both Hawks & Richmond wouldnt do.

But i think the concerns on day 1 were there for so many clubs to not take him with picks 14-20
At least we tried, can't knock the club for making the effort. I also would have laughed when they asked for a future first, that seems like a bit of a godfather deal which intrinsically values Brown at a first rounder & two seconds. In any case, we did well with the Sonz so I'm happy with how things settled in the end. I still don't think 17 is the range for flankers & is something that I would baulk at unless there's an absolutely compelling case.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Bullus - would you rate Stewart from the cats as a flanker cause that’s who they compare his potential/player type to

By the way thanks for all your input - been great reading.