2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
@Redford Your boy Lemmey on the list.
Elijah Hewett is a beauty. Been following him all year. His brother Ben captained Swans’ premiership team but Elijah is by far the better of the two. Great performances as an underager this year including the GF. Plays inside and out, good engine, not bad by foot, and something else I like about him….a touch of nastiness too.

WA teams will be desperate to keep him over there.

Reactions: 1 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Great haul.

But I’m going to be patient and wait until at least three-quarter time of our first practice match in Albury/Wangaratta before I declare any of them as future AAs or duds.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Sydney game was played in 35deg heat. But yes agree the stand rule was our kryptonite
Don't use the weather as an excuse.
Between the umpiring and the new stand rule we were absolutely ripped apart by Hocking.
Hocking was celebrating that night like he won Powerball

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
From the highlight clips of our picks and others knowledgeable comments Clarke seems to have nailed it again. Season 22 is starting to look bright

the fellas are certainly gonna have fun watching the VFL.

I hope I get to a few games.

Tigers V Suns at Punt Road could be enormous.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Don't use the weather as an excuse.
Between the umpiring and the new stand rule we were absolutely ripped apart by Hocking.
Hocking was celebrating that night like he won Powerball
The umpiring was fing horrendous in that game. Closest thing to cheating in the AFL I’ve seen.

Reactions: 4 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Elijah Hewett is a beauty. Been following him all year. His brother Ben captained Swans’ premiership team but Elijah is by far the better of the two. Great performances as an underager this year including the GF. Plays inside and out, good engine, not bad by foot, and something else I like about him….a touch of nastiness too.

WA teams will be desperate to keep him over there.
A lot of Nab cup teams are starting preliminary training ,which is good.
I don't think we will have a top 10 pick next year,so unless we sell out our first pick 2023,our pick will most likely be 14-18,barring fs selections.
We have 2 second rounders no third or forth , Im not sure were Harry Broderick is at,l know he was on the Northern Knights list,and then we have NGA Ashtyn Atkinson who's on the Bushrangers preliminary list for next year.

Their is some decent talent around next year,quite a few ruck types who look alright,and as usual quite a few mids.

I think at the moment the ones to watch from the Rebels are George Stevens he looks like he's 25 not 17,powerfully built boy,,Felix Fogarty 197cm looks a good type,Aaron Cadman a small forward type,but very smart,and Vincent Huf,although Huf is suppose to be a really good cricketer.
Im sure there will be more,once they get through the practice matches,and finalize lists.

Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Both our flankers selected clearly can play wings so saying only half backs is half the story.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Morning all,

i just wanted to thank everyone for your great posts these last few weeks - they have been just great to read and educate myself also on what others see in players, etc.

To Bullus, Kong, Spook, Posh and really all of you - thanks again for all your efforts and valued insights. It's just been fantastic reading and I've really enjoyed the vigorous, respectful debate too. Cheers.

Reactions: 26 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
At least they’ve got time to grow.
Not many KP players in that lot
There's a few around ,and a few ruck/forward types,l think Redford boy Lemmey is probably the standout at the moment,but the Vic boys got cut short by covid.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The umpiring was fing horrendous in that game. Closest thing to cheating in the AFL I’ve seen.
The nakas no mark against Reid.
It was a 50. Nakas took the mark and Reid punched the ball away.
*The free kick with 8 seconds to go to half time for a bullshiit block.
The 20 short kicks paid as marks for Sydney.
It was horrifying to watch.
Every time we would counter the pricks would pluck a free kick out.
*That game was pay back from the AFL for Hardwick bagging there lovechild Sydney the year before.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Operation “Get Harry Lemmy” starts now. :ROFLMAO:
Its unbelievable we have a X players kids mentioned as top 5 picks and we are unable to grab them.
The F/S should go down to 50 games and give the choice to the kid.
Holland's kids look good