2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Another rubbish report has tigers getting Cerra for picks 7,15 with a mid 20s pick coming back to us.
My verdict is no flaming way ,that's Miles and Miles over.

Everyone says Cameron cost pussys 3 first rounds.
But it's just not true as when u do the points maths they paid pick 8,so Cerra to me I wouldn't give up even pick 15,I like trying to better him with that pick.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Another rubbish report has tigers getting Cerra for picks 7,15 with a mid 20s pick coming back to us.

But it's just not true as when u do the points maths they paid pick 8,so Cerra to me I wouldn't give up even pick 15,I like trying to better him with that pick.

I agree. The only one that went for a lot higher than that (by points value) was Tim Kelly who went for the equivalent points value of Pick 2. That "deal" for Cerra is the equivalent of Pick 4. Kelly had just come off a year where he placed 24 Brownlow votes and came 5th in the medal count.

I don't see Cerra polling that well. Kelly also came 4th in the coaches award that year with 86. Cerra isn't even shown in the top 20 this year (not sure where he finished but probably not in the top 50). No way he is worth that many picks.

IMO he's worth similar to what we paid for Prestia, but if they make Carlton pay more, then good on Freo but I hope its not us paying a kings ransom.

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I really can't see any point in using the first top 10 pick we've had in a while on a half back flanker - apart from the fact we have too many already, HBF is just not important enough to justify using such a high pick.

DS
Wasnt saying to use the first pick on Sinn.

Not sure how that's been interpreted in my posts. I think he's a very very good player but we need a mid.

My choice for our 1st pick is Ward or a pure mid. Each post I wrote said Ward.

Sinn is my hope for our 2nd pick. But he will go before 15.

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
There is a possibility I think.

The difference between 3 and 15 (in points terms) is 1122 points, but in reality its really pick 5 for 17 as its 99.9% certain that Daicos and Darcy will go before. That points difference is only 853 points (or about Pick 22 in value terms).

Its possible they see the value in that trade by getting CCJ back as the difference.

That may be the best bet for us. Pick 3 (5) for 15 (17) and CCJ. We then take picks 3 (5) and 7 (9) to the draft. 2 top 10's would be perfect for us.

I'd take Sinn at that point but if we only have 1 top 10 would prefer someone like Ward. 2 of Ward / Hobbs / Sinn would be very good for our 1st.
Would be rapt with this scenario.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I don't think CJ has proved he is even worth the pick 20 we drafted him at so some of the proposals on here a bit far fetched IMHO.
The value of someone is only judged by those who want them and how desperate they need them. Looking at GC they are is desperate need of someone like CCJ. Their KPP/Ruck stocks are bare. Then they have the prospect of losing Ben King next year.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Erasmus at 4 would be a surprise. Andrew at 5 or 6 as well.
I have that feeling that both go earlier, with the lack of mobile key forwards I reckon Andrews goes top 8.

And Earmus seems to be rising rapidly, Freo want that Carlton pick to grab him I think.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

What reports?

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
There is a possibility I think.

The difference between 3 and 15 (in points terms) is 1122 points, but in reality its really pick 5 for 17 as its 99.9% certain that Daicos and Darcy will go before. That points difference is only 853 points (or about Pick 22 in value terms).

Its possible they see the value in that trade by getting CCJ back as the difference.

That may be the best bet for us. Pick 3 (5) for 15 (17) and CCJ. We then take picks 3 (5) and 7 (9) to the draft. 2 top 10's would be perfect for us.

I'd take Sinn at that point but if we only have 1 top 10 would prefer someone like Ward. 2 of Ward / Hobbs / Sinn would be very good for our 1st.
Agree with much of this, 3 and 7 read 5 and 9 would be very good result. We would then use these two on best available, but not so sure about Sinn. Maybe Gibcus?
I suggested earlier how Darcy Moore might be gettable. Collingwood need extra points and he would certainly fill a need.
A strong defence has been central to our recent success. Can’t afford to lose sight of our needs there, that is unless Rance re boots.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I am. If GC want a tall, we've got a top 20 pick who's now had 4 years in the system and shown ability as a forward relying on a B-grade midfield.

And if CJ's choosing to go to GC there's less go-home factor than with an untried 18 year old picked without consent.

I want CJ to stay, but if he goes then 3 and 22 for 7 and CJ is a minimum.
Correct TBH.

Don't forget, this is a club that gave pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So the AFL inner sanctum has us taking Josh Sinn with our first pick, as a medium sized running defender to replace Bash n provide some extra line breaking support for Shorty. Wonder WTF we were doing with Stacka n Sausage in the back half late this year???
Seems a big pick to me to be using on a half back flanker.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree with much of this, 3 and 7 read 5 and 9 would be very good result. We would then use these two on best available, but not so sure about Sinn. Maybe Gibcus?
I suggested earlier how Darcy Moore might be gettable. Collingwood need extra points and he would certainly fill a need.
A strong defence has been central to our recent success. Can’t afford to lose sight of our needs there, that is unless Rance re boots.

If Moore is gettable I'd rather we waited until next year when he's a FA. Collingwood would demand a huge amount for him being as they would certainly get a 1st round pick for him next year as a FA which could be pick 2.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So the AFL inner sanctum has us taking Josh Sinn with our first pick, as a medium sized running defender to replace Bash n provide some extra line breaking support for Shorty. Wonder WTF we were doing with Stacka n Sausage in the back half late this year???
Seems a big pick to me to be using on a half back flanker.

I tend to agree. How many top line half backs are drafted in the top 10? Lachie Ash and Hayden Young I think are the only ones in the last 10 years

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
T71 said tigers have identified a mid they consider ideal at number 7.
That’s a tremendous each way statement. As generic as can be. Like clubs saying “we couldn’t believe he was still there.”

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
That’s a tremendous each way statement. As generic as can be. Like clubs saying “we couldn’t believe he was still there.”
Are you saying Richmond will draft someone at their draft pick? Get outta here !

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Picks 26 28 40 44 need to be used on some zippy hard nosed half forwards. Kane Lambert types. We've lost our way a bit in this area. Melbourne have a good bunch in Harmes, Spargo, Sparrow, Pickett that apply pressure, and swoop on fwd line ground balls. This was our main point of difference.