2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
"Narkle 100% is coming. For one of our third rounders."

I hope not. Not worth 1 of our 3rds IMO. I don't see what he provides that Ross, RCD, Dow and Martyn don't also provide. Just clogs the list of players blocking those guys getting a game even more.
Agree, just clogs the list. Cant see anything that he can offer apart from him and Shai carpooling.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
"Narkle 100% is coming. For one of our third rounders."

I hope not. Not worth 1 of our 3rds IMO. I don't see what he provides that Ross, RCD, Dow and Martyn don't also provide. Just clogs the list of players blocking those guys getting a game even more.
hes much much quicker than our 3 guys

Reactions: 1 user

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
I won't believe any rumour unless confirmed by @ARCHYBOY
Thanks mate....
I’m not a podcast person, a social media user, PRE is the only means of internet posting I do. I will occasionally browse bigfooty but that’s only occasionally.
I will let others form their own opinion of what’s dribble or not but from the notes I’ve read, there must be a lot of people that holiday on Gullibles Island.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Been watching a fair bit of SANFL footy. Pretty ordinary standard.

Horne-Francis should be a very good player. Right at home amongst bigger bodies. Arlo Draper not so much. Very ordinary in the games I’ve watched.

Draper, and to a lesser extent Erasmus, worry me a bit. At best they could be Mitch Duncan types but, dunno. Something screams big risk with them.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Been watching a fair bit of SANFL footy. Pretty ordinary standard.

Horne-Francis should be a very good player. Right at home amongst bigger bodies. Arlo Draper not so much. Very ordinary in the games I’ve watched.

Draper, and to a lesser extent Erasmus, worry me a bit. At best they could be Mitch Duncan types but, dunno. Something screams big risk with them.
Who do you like Reds? Top 3 we can get.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I wonder if our thinking has changed now that both CCJ and Chol are almost out the door.

You would think we call out Gibcus name regardless if he is still on the board with our first pick. Van Rooyen is also a must with one of our picks in the 20's.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I wonder if our thinking has changed now that both CCJ and Chol are almost out the door.

You would think we call out Gibcus name regardless if he is still on the board with our first pick. Van Rooyen is also a must with one of our picks in the 20's.

I still think we go mid with our 1st. We need to get another pick in that 15-30 range preferably. Would want 2 talls in that area for me.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I reckon they think Sampson is more progressed than what they first thought. Another preseason and a 5-6 kg's would make him more serviceable in the seniors. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get 3-5 games next year

I still think we go mids with first 2 and talls with next 2

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not sure Amiss can jump. van Rooyen can't. Leaning towards Williams. Or Andrew.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I'm not sure Amiss can jump. van Rooyen can't. Leaning towards Williams. Or Andrew.
Our hand is forced.
Forgot about Andrew. Might be our best bet.
Williams doesn’t look athletic enough to me.
I’d be going KPF and KPD with our first two picks

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Our hand is forced.
Forgot about Andrew. Might be our best bet.
Williams doesn’t look athletic enough to me.
I’d be going KPF and KPD with our first two picks
Draft for talent, trade (or FA) for need. Best players. We need talent.

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Draft for talent, trade (or FA) for need. Best players. We need talent.
Draft for talent when you have a balanced list profile.
We literally have no developing tall forwards.
Trading for need stated today.
Hope they’ve got something up their sleeves because the cupboard is bare.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Draft for talent when you have a balanced list profile.
We literally have no developing tall forwards.
Trading for need stated today.
Hope they’ve got something up their sleeves because the cupboard is bare.
Draft for talent always. There is no need for desperation and reaching for a kid because of the position he plays.

Noah Balta is a better forward prospect than van Rooyen.

Williams or van Rooyen will be there at 26.

2022 will have key forwards.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I want to see JVR's test results vs Oscar Allen. Same height and I'm starting to see same player.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Draft for talent always. There is no need for desperation and reaching for a kid because of the position he plays.

Noah Balta is a better forward prospect than van Rooyen.

Williams or van Rooyen will be there at 26.

2022 will have key forwards.
So if Andrew is there at pick 9 and he’s rated that on pure talent ( as suggested by many experts ) and we need talls, you now take him before Hobbs and Ward.
Same applies with Gibcus.
Don’t understand what you mean by reaching?
We all agreed that a midfielder was our priority and would have been aghast if we took Andrew before those two.
Not sure chasing a tall around our pick is a reach.
It’s now a necessity.
As for waiting another year, we need Jack to mentor a developing junior whilst he’s still playing. We don’t want to break the link. That will put us even further behind.