2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Obviously gunna need to replace Jaaack sooner rather then later. That'll leave us with the Lynchman as key forward and he's gunna need one of either Cujo or Cholly full time forward as support n we then need another one ready to go as insurance as is evidenced by Lynchman himself being out for a while right now.
We've also currently got a glaring hole in the playing group right now with Soldo a year out with a knee reco and Nank out for possibly four to eight with a PCL issue. In a matter of a couple of weeks we've gone from an over supply of ruck / key forwards to thank *smile* we've got some ready replacements to keep our season intact.
Might be heresy to even contemplate it. But this afternoon I was thinking more along the lines us needing to tap Jaaack on the shoulder at seasons end ( a fourth flag might make it easier ) and creating room to have both Cholly n Cujo as the next five to ten years of key forwards, along with Lynch.

If we do go down the releasing path for either Cujo or Cholly, then I'm praying both keep up some bloody good form for the rest of the season so we can get best value for whoever ends up leaving. Fully developed decent, young key forward / ruck type player should be worth at least an early first rounder simply because they're firstly so hard to find n second saves four years of development work waiting for them to grow into their bodies.
Sounds like blasphemy but I think you are right.
Have to measure how it might impact the group but seeing Jack off and possibly one or two others would help us keep Balta, Bolton, Chol and Cameron-Jones and invest in Cerra as well as in the draft. Smart.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
If Mate gets a game, at 111kgs, he really needs to perfect the Stafford "whoops, I fell on you again" technique.

Ouch

Reactions: 1 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
It is understood Tom Mitchell would be receptive to a move to Richmond, which boasts a suite of 2021 draft picks and is sure to be in premiership contention again next year.

From Fox Sports

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If Mate gets a game, at 111kgs, he really needs to perfect the Stafford "whoops, I fell on you again" technique.

Ouch

He's got 2 great rucks to learn that from. Nank and Maric can certainly help with that.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It is understood Tom Mitchell would be receptive to a move to Richmond, which boasts a suite of 2021 draft picks and is sure to be in premiership contention again next year.

From Fox Sports
Overuses the footy for far to little return. Hawforn can keep him.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Overuses the footy for far to little return. Hawforn can keep him.
Agree, TM.

I do wonder whether he would be taught different setups and trained/instructed to play differently at Richmond.

I'd keep our picks and go hard at the draft.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I like the look of Baynen Lowe for a late draft pick/rookie pick. He is only small but his ability to burst away from stoppages would suit the Richmond way.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Righto, without seeing a thing, we have to land one of the top key forwards of the draft with one of two first rounders.

So far it looks like one of Jacob Van Rooyen or Jack Williams. Do your research and make your calls right here.

Then it’s mid, mid, mid, mid. Or do we do the Essendon and take two talls early? Interesting times at the 21 draft.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Righto, without seeing a thing, we have to land one of the top key forwards of the draft with one of two first rounders.

So far it looks like one of Jacob Van Rooyen or Jack Williams. Do your research and make your calls right here.

Then it’s mid, mid, mid, mid. Or do we do the Essendon and take two talls early? Interesting times at the 21 draft.
You know the answer Scoop, best available, MC dosent move off that line