2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I didn’t think Hayes would get drafted due to his age and being overlooked for so many years but he got his chance last night and starred for the Saints, 10 kicks, 8 handballs, 89% DE, 10 marks, 3 goals and 127 SC points. Great stuff.
How old is he?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The top 10 of this draft could be the best yet. The debuts of these kids has been exceptional. All look like 200 game players.

Reactions: 2 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
The top 10 of this draft could be the best yet. The debuts of these kids has been exceptional. All look like 200 game players.
Agree. I can't remember so many first year player making such an impact so early.

The obvious question is what does it say about the development pathways/TAC cup program. These kids have missed the best part of two years footy but are performing way better than normal.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Agree. I can't remember so many first year player making such an impact so early.

The obvious question is what does it say about the development pathways/TAC cup program. These kids have missed the best part of two years footy but are performing way better than normal.
Massive question that no-one from H.Q. would ever consider trying to answer as it could never show their programs in a good light. Probably just an amateur guesstimate from a numpty supporter but I wonder whether the lack of footy hasn't simply been a massive bonus for the kids. They generally play and train for TAC requirements, play local club and school footy as well as they are coming through n by the time they get drafted they've been on a rigid path way for a few years n many carry niggles n creaks from over load as well. Could be that the kids are simply fresh n eager instead of locked in rigid.
Not sure if it's just the U.S. grid iron sport system or others as well, but they struggle to believe we take kids at 18 straight into professional footy.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Lets hope the rest of our draftee's also have the same impact

they are looking really good at the moment
Banks , Brown , Sonsie & Juddy

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

100% most kids get burnt by the system.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
PRIZED Fremantle draftee Jye Amiss is set for a lengthy stint on the sidelines after suffering a serious kidney injury that required surgery.

Amiss suffered the setback when he was involved in a heavy collision playing for Peel Thunder in the WAFL against South Fremantle on Saturday.

Fremantle football manager Peter Bell said the club was assessing what it meant for the exciting key forward, who made an impressive debut against North Melbourne in round eight.

MEDICAL ROOM Check out the full injury list

"Jye sustained a pretty heavy impact injury to his kidney in the game against South Fremantle," Bell told the club's website.

"He had to go to hospital, he’s had some surgery on that kidney.

"He’s doing well at the moment and we’re just getting all the opinions as to what it means for his football, but he’ll be out for a period of time."

Amiss, a 196cm sharpshooter who was recruited with pick No.8 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft, booted two goals when he was unveiled against the Kangaroos a fortnight ago.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
PRIZED Fremantle draftee Jye Amiss is set for a lengthy stint on the sidelines after suffering a serious kidney injury that required surgery.

Amiss suffered the setback when he was involved in a heavy collision playing for Peel Thunder in the WAFL against South Fremantle on Saturday.

Fremantle football manager Peter Bell said the club was assessing what it meant for the exciting key forward, who made an impressive debut against North Melbourne in round eight.

MEDICAL ROOM Check out the full injury list

"Jye sustained a pretty heavy impact injury to his kidney in the game against South Fremantle," Bell told the club's website.

"He had to go to hospital, he’s had some surgery on that kidney.

"He’s doing well at the moment and we’re just getting all the opinions as to what it means for his football, but he’ll be out for a period of time."

Amiss, a 196cm sharpshooter who was recruited with pick No.8 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft, booted two goals when he was unveiled against the Kangaroos a fortnight ago.
Not good if it's kidney. Hope he recovers well.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not good for the young fella. Hopefully all goes well n he comes back healthy n strong next year, except against us of course.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Gee whizz. Few people bagging out Hobbs and N Daicos on the “other games” threads a few weeks ago. Might have to re think that. Both look pretty good to me. N Daicos is having an AA quality debut year and will walk the Rising Star in.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Gee whizz. Few people bagging out Hobbs and N Daicos on the “other games” threads a few weeks ago. Might have to re think that. Both look pretty good to me. N Daicos is having an AA quality debut year and will walk the Rising Star in.

Daicos for sure, he will be great. Not sure Hobbs is showing that much just yet but isn't really playing through the middle.