2021 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 PRE Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
At pick 53 Richmond selects East Fremantle midfielder Joshua Browne. There were only two midfielders I had on the board, the other was probably erring on the project side so I've gone with the player who seems well evolved on the skills front. Kicking is generally clean and efficient and he can hit the scoreboard when needed. Shadowed a little by Sheldrick who played as a full time mid at state level, I think there's some decent value here and he's probably the perfect selection at this point. It will make it much tougher to get the key back from this point on, that's why I prioritised Charlie Dean at this selection but Browne is still value and it might just be a case of holding off on the key back until next year.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
At pick 45,

Essendon bid on GC Suns Academy Player of the Year

Bodhi Ewlands.

185/85 half back, who busts in the midfield and sneaks forward and kicks long (55m) goals.

Ewlands has an eye-catching leap, a penetrating kick and tackles like Jacob Townsend.

when Ewlands hit a contest, which he does without regard for his own safety, opposition players often leave the field horizontally.

Ewlands managed 6 VFL games in 2021 averaging 13d, 4 M and 2 T

2 NAB games yielded 24d, 5M, 6T and 1.5G,

earning him selection for the hypothetical Allies U19's

again, given GC (@Leysy Days) omitted to pre-nominate Ewlands, and has no picks left in the 2021 draft,

welcome to Essendon son.

the club where we dont give a *smile* about anyone.

Buuuurrrpppppppppppppp

• Haha

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006

53. Joshua Browne​

East Fremantle/Western Australia | Midfielder

3/01/2003 | 185cm | 77kg

WAFL Colts: 13 games | 32.8 disp | 0.8 goals

A highly prolific on-baller, Browne propelled the Sharks this year off the back of an insatiable work-rate complemented by an ability to find the ball both on the inside and outside. He has also become damaging in the forward half, while still working hard defensively and applying pressure. The gut-runner took home the Jack Clarke Medal for best and fairest in the WAFL Colts in 2021.

Best traits similar to: Cam Guthrie

• Wow

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

53. Joshua Browne​

East Fremantle/Western Australia | Midfielder

3/01/2003 | 185cm | 77kg

WAFL Colts: 13 games | 32.8 disp | 0.8 goals

A highly prolific on-baller, Browne propelled the Sharks this year off the back of an insatiable work-rate complemented by an ability to find the ball both on the inside and outside. He has also become damaging in the forward half, while still working hard defensively and applying pressure. The gut-runner took home the Jack Clarke Medal for best and fairest in the WAFL Colts in 2021.

Best traits similar to: Cam Guthrie
Jack Graham like pick.
Picking a hard working midfielder who wins the league B&F.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
At pick 53 Richmond selects East Fremantle midfielder Joshua Browne. There were only two midfielders I had on the board, the other was probably erring on the project side so I've gone with the player who seems well evolved on the skills front. Kicking is generally clean and efficient and he can hit the scoreboard when needed. Shadowed a little by Sheldrick who played as a full time mid at state level, I think there's some decent value here and he's probably the perfect selection at this point. It will make it much tougher to get the key back from this point on, that's why I prioritised Charlie Dean at this selection but Browne is still value and it might just be a case of holding off on the key back until next year.
Great pick BH. Good be a surprise packet in the draft.
Jack Graham like pick.
Picking a hard working midfielder who wins the league B&F.
Yep. Very Jack Graham like.

Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Freo we have Pick 60 willing to trade down the list for 2 lower picks

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Pick 54

Port Adelaide select

Ronald Fejo Jnr

178cm livewire with dancing feet from NT

@Tigers of Old Carlton are up
When I was hoping Anderson would slip through to the rookie draft, I was hoping I'd get AJ or this guy at pick 60. He's a dancer alright.

Carlton Pick 55:

Lachlan Rankin - Oakleigh Chargers

Classy outside mid/flanker with good skills.

@toothless up for the Hawks
Failing that, this guy. Talented, clever player, great pick-up so late.

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
@bullus_hit Freo have made a trade with Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide get Pick 60
Fremantle get Picks 62 & 63

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Saints Picks.

Pick 57 - Jack Avery - medium defender. Having seen how important Nathan Broad has been in the Tigers backline for 3 premierships, Avery looms as a similar type. Mid sized, capable of shutting down but also rebounding, seems a great choice to support the Saints defense

Pick 58 - Jake Soligo - Continuing with generating more speed between the arcs, Jake Soligo slides in here nicely to add to Sinn. Saints are all about quick ball movement and whilst he is inconsistent, if they can iron out the inconsistencies, he has the quality to make it at AFL level.

@footballmonk Eagles are up

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I think they are. Ouch.
From the Dawks' perspective, its fair game. Nyuon himself was pipped before the Aints who had academy rights. Richmond is arguably the kings of bidding on Academy players and rightfully so, each club should look after its best interests. If you delist a player, especially after only a minimum of 2 years, you run the risk of this happening.