2021 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 PRE Phantom Draft

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Spewing, one pick to go and my man is gone. Dawks select Matthew Johnson

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Richmond take Ben Hobbs, clearly best available at this point, ranking in the cellar for clearances he makes perfect sense for the Tigers. I have some queries about his kicking on the non preferred boot & some issues with his kicking depth but as an extractor he's A class. First part of the engine room complete.

Reactions: 3 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With Pick 10 Fremantle Select Neil Erasmus

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
4. Finn CallaghanGWS Giants
5. Mac AndrewGold Coast

These 2 picks will be determine how alot of teams adjust their rankings and pivotal tothe make up of the draft IMO

Reactions: 3 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Richmond made an audacious play by trading all their twenties picks for this selection. The cards have fallen neatly and they secure their primary target, Josh Rachele, a player who possesses a deadly kick & a touch of class. The aim is to eventually get Rachele running through the middle, I think he will compliment Hobbs beautifully when that does eventuate.

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
A Hobbs/Rachelle result in real time would be a dream result.

Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Richmond made an audacious play by trading all their twenties picks for this selection. The cards have fallen neatly and they secure their primary target, Josh Rachele, a player who possesses a deadly kick & a touch of class. The aim is to eventually get Rachele running through the middle, I think he will compliment Hobbs beautifully when that does eventuate.
You really want the Hobbs / Rachele / Sonsie trifecta ;)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Great call there Bully. Sorry to miss Erasmus but your original man, Rachele best available...

Reactions: 1 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
With Johnson and Erasmus gone West Coast go for the next best WA prospect…

12. Jye Amiss

Thought about Van Rooyen, but we have Amiss just ahead of him and see him as a long-term replacement for Josh Kennedy.

Essendon @eZyT , you’re up now.

Last edited:

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Happy with Rachele Bully but Hobbs over Erasmus, Na, tantalisingly close but no cigar..
Did Posh jump at the opportunity to accept your offer?

Last edited:

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Happy with Rachele Bully but Hobbs over Erasmus, Na, tantalisingly close but no cigar..
The upside with Erasmus is enticing but the downside is that he winds up being a flanker. At least with Hobbs you fill an urgent need & there's little chance he will be a bust, same with Rachele. Given the fact I've trimmed my selections down to three I feel it's best to get players with a solid floor & players who can play a part next year. With selection 17 I may throw a bit of caution to the wind and I still have a pick in the 50s (maybe late 40s when the bidding is done). With these two I feel I've got my core players & if I miss the biscuit with Erasmus then I suppose it will be a product of my risk aversion.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The upside with Erasmus is enticing but the downside is that he winds up being a flanker. At least with Hobbs you fill an urgent need & there's little chance he will be a bust, same with Rachele. Given the fact I've trimmed my selections down to three I feel it's best to get players with a solid floor & players who can play a part next year. With selection 17 I may throw a bit of caution to the wind and I still have a pick in the 50s (maybe late 40s when the bidding is done). With these two I feel I've got my core players & if I miss the biscuit with Erasmus then I suppose it will be a product of my risk aversion.
My man for 17 not looking so good.
Is Posh speaking to IBAC?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Did Posh jump at the opportunity to accept your offer?
No, he made me work for it, that's why it cost 3 picks. But at least he gave me a consolation prize of pick 62 (which might come into the 40s when we're done). Still have a smokey up the sleeve.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Essendon get their priority at 13 and take jacob van rooyen and address kpf and kpd holes

Last edited:
  • Wow