2021 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 PRE Phantom Draft

With our next 2 picks Fremantle select
Pick 30 Leek Alleer
Pick 31 Angus Sheldrick

Up next at Pick 32 West Coast @footballmonk

Reactions: 1 users
West Coast select at #32: Blake Howes

Having already taken Amiss I decided against the more obvious option of Jack Williams and went with Howes instead - I like the idea of him developing into a tall wing man.

@turk-d-tiger Geelong up again.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
This is really starting t become habit now first it was Bazzzo 1 pick before and now Howes !!

Geelong pick #33 - Jack Williams
Key forward
195cm/91kg
1/12/03
East Fremantle/Western Australia

With Hawkins getting on it looks like a perfect replacement in 2 years times like for like effectively
Kreuger also departing it was always going to be a need for the cats to find a replacement and Jack is still very young and will do well learning from the Dynamic Duo of Hawkins/Cameron

@spook u'r up mate

Swans pick Judson Clarke.

Pace to burn, lethal left foot and a sharp eye for goal. Showed he could potentially be more than just a small forward with 27 disposals against the Ranges and 23 v Gippsland, on top of 5 goals for Vic Country in the trial match v Metro.

Last edited:
Geelong pick #35 - Toby Conway
Ruckman
204cm/90kg
24/4/03
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country

Well finally the cats have decided to bite the bullet and add a developing Ruckman to the list rather than stop gap options they have the last 10 years
Considered the best Ruckman in this years draft and with a very good size and frame Toby fits the mould of the new age Rucks.
He has good tap craft in the circle as well as not being a liability around the ground and can gather possessions.

Helps that he is also a Geelong Falcons boy

@tigerdell

Last edited:
Adelaide are delighted to build their midfield depth with Corey Warner
Warner has demonstrated his onball game in the WAFL Colts and Seniors. In the firsts over 4 matches he produced good disposal numbers (9 kicks 5 handballs) and consistently 20+ in the colts. We'd like to see him find the goals more
In the WA v SA he played hbf and provided run and carry.
The combine results highlighted his capabilities, with a sub 3sec 20m and a good 2km time trial, plus top performances in the jumpings.

Warner has some promising traits to make it as an AFL professional.

#37 Jesse Motlop

Motlop is a Freo NGA player, but under the new rules they only have access to him if a bid comes after 40. He’s just about the best available, it fits the Eagles’ need for another small forward with Jarrod Cameron leaving and it also has the benefit of annoying Freo - they’ve been a bit of an irritant with their picks just before each of our first two, plus there’s been bad blood over their attempts to lure away Josh Kennedy as a goal kicking coach.

Adelaide are delighted to build their midfield depth with Corey Warner
Warner has demonstrated his onball game in the WAFL Colts and Seniors. In the firsts over 4 matches he produced good disposal numbers (9 kicks 5 handballs) and consistently 20+ in the colts. We'd like to see him find the goals more
In the WA v SA he played hbf and provided run and carry.
The combine results highlighted his capabilities, with a sub 3sec 20m and a good 2km time trial, plus top performances in the jumpings.

Warner has some promising traits to make it as an AFL professional.

I'm a Warner fan. Lot to work with, showed glimpses of elite hands in the state games.

Saints have 1st access to Windhager if a bid comes after pick 20, with the 1st 20 selections protected from bids on NGA players under new rules in effect this year. @Tiger Hammer @mrposhman

Saints have 1st access to Windhager if a bid comes after pick 20, with the 1st 20 selections protected from bids on NGA players under new rules in effect this year. @Tiger Hammer @mrposhman

Had to have a good think about this as I was expecting a bid to be a bit later probably after my Pick 45 due to his current back injury rather than ability.

Downsides are his injury history, with already having had a knee reconstruction and now the back, I was a bit unsure but I will match but with his evasiveness and power which translates well to either a half back or more likely a half forward and would suit the Saints list profile, then I feel I would be stupid not to match.

Pick 38 - Saints - Marcus Windhager

Pick 38 = 465 points, less 197 discount = 268 points to match
Use Pick 46 (331 points) to match, surplus of 63 points so receive back Pick 68

I'll have to get reading on some of those later prospects with my 3 late one now, was hoping to use them to match the Windhager bid.

Back to you @Tiger Hammer

Dees are happy they pushed Saints to match, though disappointed to not get Windhager at 38 as we rated him higher.

With Pick 39 the Dees take Sam Banks.
A Tassie boy to train and play alongside Ben Brown.

Reactions: 1 users