2021 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 PRE Phantom Draft

Dees are happy they pushed Saints to match, though disappointed to not get Windhager at 38 as we rated him higher.

With Pick 39 the Dees take Sam Banks.
A Tassie boy to train and play alongside Ben Brown.
Great pick Hammer, easily passes the character & competitiveness test, captain at every level since under 12s.

Reactions: 2 users
At pick 40, the Swans take a bloke who would have gone a lot higher but for injury. Second by a vote to Norf first-rounder Tom Powell in the 2020 SANFL u/18 league B&F as a bottom-ager, he began the season at reserves level for Norwood with 13 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 inside 50s, 2 clearances and a goal against Souths in R1, and 13 disposals, 4 tackles against Sturt in R2. An ankle injury caused him to miss six weeks and the AIS Academy game against Geelong VFL. Back in the reserves for R8 v Woodville-West Torrens, he had 10 touches, followed by 12 and 2 goals against Glenelg in R9. He then went back to the u/18s where he dominated:
34 disposals, 2 goals, 7 clearances and 8 inside 50s v Souths
21 disposals, 0.3, 7 tackles, 5 clearances, 5 I50s v Centrals
31, 2 goals, 6 R50s v Sturt
before a broken collarbone ended his season.

He's only 178cm/70kg but if fit would have been first rover for SA in their 'championships' matches. Quick, classy, clean-handling, goal-kicking, clearance-winning rover who will start his career at half-forward and could also be used at half-back.

It could be said this is more of what the Swans already have and what I have drafted for them, but with a lack of quality talls and big inside mids, I'm mining where the gold is.

Pick 40 - Cooper Murley.

Reactions: 6 users
At pick 40, the Swans take a bloke who would have gone a lot higher but for injury. Second by a vote to Norf first-rounder Tom Powell in the 2020 SANFL u/18 league B&F as a bottom-ager, he began the season at reserves level for Norwood with 13 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 inside 50s, 2 clearances and a goal against Souths in R1, and 13 disposals, 4 tackles against Sturt in R2. An ankle injury caused him to miss six weeks and the AIS Academy game against Geelong VFL. Back in the reserves for R8 v Woodville-West Torrens, he had 10 touches, followed by 12 and 2 goals against Glenelg in R9. He then went back to the u/18s where he dominated:

He's only 178cm/70kg but if fit would have been first rover for SA in their 'championships' matches. Quick, classy, clean-handling, goal-kicking, clearance-winning rover who will start his career at half-forward and could also be used at half-back.

It could be said this is more of what the Swans already have and what I have drafted for them, but with a lack of quality talls and big inside mids, I'm mining where the gold is.

Pick 40 - Cooper Murley.
He was my player in focus this weekend, spent a few hours going over the tapes & I've reassessed him as a result of his outstanding production in the centre square. I think it would be presumptuous to assume he would slot straight into the middle at 179cm & 70kg but I wouldn't rule it out after a couple of preseasons. Good get and he was on my shortlist at pick 52.

Reactions: 1 user

Pick 40 - Cooper Murley.

I 1st saw his name on BF as being picked at 1 of the Tiges picks in the 20's so was intrigued. I think his game matches pretty well with Lambert. Was on my radar with the Saints at 46 and was one of the reasons I wasn't sure on matching Windhager but I suspected he wouldn't be there at my pick.

I should add he looks to have a high footy IQ too. Makes great decisions with the ball and knows where to run to receive it.

Dees are happy they pushed Saints to match, though disappointed to not get Windhager at 38 as we rated him higher.

With Pick 39 the Dees take Sam Banks.
A Tassie boy to train and play alongside Ben Brown.

Sam Banks spoke on SEN this morning and likened himself to Jayden Short using his elite kicking coming out of defense.
Shifter Sheehan uses Lachie Whitfield as a like player comparison.

Reactions: 1 users
Ya gotta laugh at the player comparisons. Goes both ways, Knightmare comparing touted top 4 pick Callaghan to Polec and Shifter comparing a touted late/rookie pick to Whitfield...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ya gotta laugh at the player comparisons. Goes both ways, Knightmare comparing touted top 4 pick Callaghan to Polec and Shifter comparing a touted late/rookie pick to Whitfield...
All the kids are all guns according to the guys that get paid to say so.
Until reality shows they aren't of course.:LOL:

Reactions: 3 users
North were also very keen on Kai Lohmann.

Pick 42 - choose Western Jet small forward Paul Curtis
Pick 43 - choose Northern Knights inside midfielder Ned Long

Sam Banks spoke on SEN this morning and likened himself to Jayden Short using his elite kicking coming out of defense.
Another Shorty, where do I sign up for that?

North were also very keen on Kai Lohmann.

Pick 42 - choose Western Jet small forward Paul Curtis
Pick 43 - choose Northern Knights inside midfielder Ned Long
Ned Long another I have to scrub from the short list.

• Haha
Pick 44.
Dees select WA youngster - Brady Hough.
We have high hopes for the Peel Thunder product, who we have likened to..... :p