2021 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 PRE Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
St Kilda is happy with our 2021 intake. I don't think they will trade their 1st in the real thing, but without future trading, the 2 academy boys are too good to pass up.

21. Sinn (half back, wingman)
26. Owens (wingman)
38. Windhager (half forward)
57. Avery (medium defender)
58. Soligo (midfielder)
66. Adams (key defender / ruck)

I wanted to go for speed as thats when I feel Saints look their best. Sinn and Avery could play round 1 can can immediately improve their defence with Sinn benefitting their rebound.
Saints would be happy with that haul.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
We all finished and ready to go?

Drunk Fall GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
After 2 weeks in the pub Leysy fronts the media with his thoughts on the draft....................
Considering he didn't mention himself in the 3rd person, i reckon it is one of his better posts, at least since the days debating the Griggs/Collin trade.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
looks like the Tiges now need a couple of rookies. I wouldn’t object if this happened actually.

So who is still available?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Neither has achieved much. Cumberland looks pretty limited to me, a bit Sam Lloydish. Looks like the kind of guy who could kick 100 a year in the bush but 6 foot full forwards don’t really cut it in AFL. Maybe there are 100 games in him but I doubt it.

Biggie has been either injured or coughing up goals in the back line.

It is moot anyway because they will both be on our rookie list next year.

Where I was coming from with this comment is that due to COVID, not many Victorian kids have had much opportunity over the last two years. There might be some value in adding 4 kids to the training squad and testing them out over a few weeks.

If there was ever a year where a team could make some line ball decisions on rookies, get lucky and find an underexposed gem, this is the year.

Reactions: 4 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
looks like the Tiges now need a couple of rookies. I wouldn’t object if this happened actually.

So who is still available?
Some names who didn't quite make the cut.

Oscar Morrison (Geelong Falcons)
Kade Dittmar (East Perth)
Harvey Harrison (North Adelaide)
Anthony Caminiti (Northern Knights)

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Does anyone know Caminiti's folks? Looks like a dead ringer for David Caminiti who I played with at Camberwell Cobras.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Well done gents. Now, I've forgotten how to fill in over the dull racing period.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Does anyone know Caminiti's folks? Looks like a dead ringer for David Caminiti who I played with at Camberwell Cobras.
What era did you play with the Cobras?

”Go Cobras go and aaawaaayyy we go”

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I declare North the clear winners in this draft.

Jason Horne-Francis
Matthew Roberts
Paul Curtis
Ned Long
Josh Rentsch
Baker Smith

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I declare North the clear winners in this draft.

Jason Horne-Francis
Matthew Roberts
Paul Curtis
Ned Long
Josh Rentsch
Baker Smith
So Smokey, I'm wondering if North should have traded pick 1 and then on-traded the Crows pick to the Tigers? That would effectively mean 4 first rounders.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
GWS with three picks feel like they added at least 2 A graders, maybe three. All come with elite kicking skills, all elite footy IQ and the ability to provide run and carry.

Finn Callaghan - when GWS asked the Lord to deliver the perfect prototypical physical specimen for a midfielder after the trade with Collingwood, he parted the clouds and delivered a 190cm, 85 kg with off the charts agility and a booming left foot. More to smite Collingwood than to please GWS but what is clear is the Lord isn't a Pies supporter.

Tyler Sonsie- The coolest Tyler since Durden. Worships at the feet of Trent Cotchin. That's enough to draft him. Add in he has forgotten what foot he kicks with and loves a goal he's the perfect foil for Finn, Tom Green and Tim Taranto. Top 5 talent in this draft.

Josh Fahey- We take him despite those Southern clubs trying to kidnap him. And we take him to remind everyone that our Academy will annoy you forever. Run and carry, he's not too dissimilar to Lachie Ash who was a top 5 pick. We take him and laugh.

This is a draft that we will look back on and consider it a cornerstone of the next ten years. A++.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
With an average hand, Sydney has spun some gold with the selections of Sam Butler (18), Judson Clarke (34), Cooper Murley (40) and Angus Anderson (45). That's our future ruck-rover, rover, centreman and half-forward-change mid.

Butler (184cm) and Murley (178) are quick, rounded, creative midfielders capable of winning their own ball, using it well and kicking goals. They both apply pressure and tackle, and Murley runs all day, usually to the right spot. If you can't get Sonsie, get one pf these blokes. If you get both, start laughing.

Clarke (180) is lightning, with a deadly left foot and an appetite for goal. He showed in a couple of games he has the potential to play through the midfield as well, but even if not, we've secured a highly damaging half-forward.

Anderson (190, 90kegs) will sit at the feet of Joey Kennedy prior to graduating to the feet of Sam Naismith. A big brute of an inside mid, he'll spend the next 15 years feeding it out to my brilliant trio.

Anderson will snap Callaghan's spine, Butler and Murley will hunt Sonsie in tag-team and hurt the unaccountable bludger the other way, and Clarke will kick 7 on Fahey.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If Bombers are being candid,

we are absolutely stoked to have landed Jacob Van Rooyen and Bodhi Uwland (@bullus_hit please correct his name spelling in list - my bad). These two add genuine physicality, marking power and flexibility to our side. Both could play in any part of the ground in the near future.

But, without disrespecting Arthur Jones, who is a project, we are devastated we were entirely unaware of Ronny Fijo.

As such, we have released our SA scout to take up a career as a bait threader on a tuna boat.

overall though, we feel we've added something we place an emphasis on - toughs - to our side, with a very thin draft hand.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
So Smokey, I'm wondering if North should have traded pick 1 and then on-traded the Crows pick to the Tigers? That would effectively mean 4 first rounders.
All depends how good this Horne-Francis kid actually is?

From what I can see you can get some very good players all the way until early parts of round 2.

Long story I think the answer is yes - but the stakes are very high but the reward even higher. Multiple picks in the first round could set your club up for the next 10 years in this draft.

Would you rather have Hornes-Francis, Roberts & Long or Ward, Johnson & Sonise???