2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Would you have gone Jefferson over Hewitt Bully if we still had 14?
Good question, I have Jefferson ranked at 7 and Hewett ranked at 8, difficult split but in the end if I don't have Taranto then I take the midfielder, I feel this is the smart play because I feel the real depth of this draft lies in the tall stocks, I feel I can meet my needs with some late bargains. I think Lemmey is gettable but if not then Verall or Foster might be around. Pick 23 is Cowan for my money, I think he's a core player with significant upside.

Reactions: 1 users
The path to someone like Lemmey appears to have opened up somewhat, with the likes of Weddle, Jones, Fletcher, Michalanney and Rowston off the board, not to mention the fact some Adelaide picks were gobbled up in the Michalanney match. Only one SA pick from now until our first at 48 (Port at 36).

Reactions: 1 users
Upon reflection, Sydney really carved up the latter part of the top 20. Great stuff. I can't work out Hawthorn's strategy at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Upon reflection, Sydney really carved up the latter part of the top 20. Great sI can't work out Hawthorn's strategy at all.

The sydney bidding was fantastic and really helped our selections to move up and exactly what we wanted, Just a shame there was no bid on Davey.

Now we just need some teams to select some players that were not rated highly by the media or the phantoms and leave us some nice players to select from.

Fingers crossed boys

Reactions: 6 users
Adrian Caruso was absolutely spewing last night. Kingsley was shaking his head and looked a bit confused by it all. They got blindsided by Sydney. Beatson was right onto them.

Hopefully that fires them up to do something similar to Arsendon tonight. Or Eagles or Dogs step up. Cmon you spuds you know you want Davey ! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5 users
The sydney bidding was fantastic and really helped our selections to move up and exactly what we wanted, Just a shame there was no bid on Davey.
Sydney bidding twice, screwing their cross-town rival, getting revenge for the Crows short-changing them on the Dawson deal, getting an incredible haul for that pick (slid back 9 picks this year and got a pick between 18-25 in a stronger draft next year plus an extra pick in the 40-50's) and then picking the kid that GWS wanted was mob boss stuff. The most brutal, organized strike I've seen in a draft.

Adrian Caruso was absolutely spewing last night. Kingsley was shaking his head and looked a bit confused by it all. They got blindsided by Sydney. Beatson was right onto them.
You could see the air get sucked out of the GWS war room. All their planning gone. That extra top 20 talent they wanted out of the Taratnto deal. Gone. Brutal. Beatson went full draft beast mode.

Sydney made a grand final ahead of schedule with a young list and banked two extra picks in one of the strongest forecasted drafts we've seen in a while.

Reactions: 9 users
Sydney bidding twice, screwing their cross-town rival, getting revenge for the Crows short-changing them on the Dawson deal, getting an incredible haul for that pick (slid back 9 picks this year and got a pick between 18-25 in a stronger draft next year plus an extra pick in the 40-50's) and then picking the kid that GWS wanted was mob boss stuff. The most brutal, organized strike I've seen in a draft.

You could see the air get sucked out of the GWS war room. All their planning gone. That extra top 20 talent they wanted out of the Taratnto deal. Gone. Brutal. Beatson went full draft beast mode.

Sydney made a grand final ahead of schedule with a young list and banked two extra picks in one of the strongest forecasted drafts we've seen in a while.
Yes, that was impressive by Sydney.

Thinking about it, being the first pick of the 2nd round, GWS are unlikely to use that on a bid for Davey. Probably up to the Eagles and Dogs. And even they’re unlikely I reckon. We’d need an NGA bid between 41 and 47 to move up further I think. Bit doubtful.

48 looks about as good as it’s gonna get, maybe.

Yeah the Rowston pick was all a deliberate play to get Konstanty with their later pick.

i.e. Giants heavily linked to Jacob Konstanty, Swans make 'em bid early on Rowston, which takes the Giants pick they'd take Konstanty with out of the equation.

Then grab further assets for 2023 draft for pick 18 and then pick Konstanty at 20 before GWS next set of picks. Genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users