2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Im thinking Keeler gets to St Kilda with pick #31 as a direct replacement for Ryder
Van Es probably to Carlton

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Because players and parents lose faith in the system. If GWS aren’t committed to draft me why would I join their academy.

They’ll go and play rugby with their mates instead.

Soccer, League and Union are the dominate school and local sports in Sydney. AFL is practically invisible

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Is Barnett THAT good? You'd assume they will need to trade 1 of their 2 1sts for next year for that pick, either their own or Freo's.
With Grundy in the bag I don't think it will be Barnett, Cowan makes sense with Hibberd close to the end.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Because players and parents lose faith in the system. If GWS aren’t committed to draft me why would I join their academy.

They’ll go and play rugby with their mates instead.

Soccer, League and Union are the dominate school and local sports in Sydney. AFL is practically invisible
We routinely raid Brisbane's academy and its still standing.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Afl have a feature on their website about how good cal twomey is. He's just doing his job, paid full time to milk his network which is down to his afl accreditation. And even then, a bunch of rank amateurs like us go pretty close to matching him. Any idiot can name the top 10 or 15.

I find the hubris and lack of perspective quite incredible.

Reactions: 8 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We routinely raid Brisbane's academy and its still standing.
Not for their top talent we don’t and only when they don’t have the points to pay up.

We got Cumberland by default. Our real target was Martyn so we bid on Cumberland expecting the Lions to match and then be left without the points to match Martyn.

Cumberland turns out to be very promising and Martyn another wasted pick. Classic Clarke drafting.

Ryan was 2 years out of their academy by the time we got him so not relevant.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Is Barnett THAT good? You'd assume they will need to trade 1 of their 2 1sts for next year for that pick, either their own or Freo's.
He's a safe bet IMO. Can't see him failing. At absolute worst he'll be a very good back up, journeyman ruckman.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yes, that was impressive by Sydney.

Thinking about it, being the first pick of the 2nd round, GWS are unlikely to use that on a bid for Davey. Probably up to the Eagles and Dogs. And even they’re unlikely I reckon. We’d need an NGA bid between 41 and 47 to move up further I think. Bit doubtful.

48 looks about as good as it’s gonna get, maybe.
Worked well but not without its risks. Whenever you shaft a club the risk is that one day the boot will be on the other foot.
RFC works on reputation.
Not sure which is best but today’s genius could be tomorrow’s disaster

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Worked well but not without its risks. Whenever you shaft a club the risk is that one day the boot will be on the other foot.
RFC works on reputation.
Not sure which is best but today’s genius could be tomorrow’s disaster
It was payback for the Crows.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Cumberland turns out to be very promising and Martyn another wasted pick. Classic Clarke drafting.
This idea of yours that anything short of nailing every draft pick is a failure is bizarre. There isn't much point having a discussion.

Reactions: 2 users