2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

I don’t know about others, but I like to have a list of possibles, which I cross out as they get selected on the way to our pick(s). Obviously a bit harder this year with 26 picks (more or less) before we get our go, but here’s my list of ten that we might target and could be available at one or both our picks:
Lemmey
Binns
Scully
Phillips
Knobel
Foster
Dowling
Van Es
Drury
Teal

Anyone I’ve missed?
Gilbey
Gilbee
Hagan
Long
Munkara
Sybkowski

Reactions: 1 user
I won't be happy if we don't get some tall timber in to develop.

There is an argument that you are better off letting other clubs take big guys because of the time they take to develop, then picking them off once they hit the sweet spot of 23-25 years old.

When you look at the track of Nankervis, Lynch, CCJ and Chol there's something to it.

Reactions: 6 users
Do you mean intensity and physical impact in their game Bully?
Yes, my SA sources tell me he's a coaster, blessed with natural talent but not one to assert himself and truly dominate.

There is an argument that you are better off letting other clubs take big guys because of the time they take to develop, then picking them off once they hit the sweet spot of 23-25 years old.

When you look at the track of Nankervis, Lynch, CCJ and Chol there's something to it.
I think there's merit but you are also competing with 17 clubs, no point paying stupid amounts on guys like McStay, I'd rather recruit them like Francis Jackson did and then sell them if need be.

Reactions: 1 users

Fair point, but with can't rely on that only through what if that doesn't happen at least you got something developing in the vfl.

And that’s why Melbourne wanted to trade up to GWS’s pick. Good chance that was them on the phone to Caruso.

Nerves for whoever becomes the next Bummer...

Hayes doesn't look too happy....everyone's crying.

OK Sarah, we don't need an hour Bummer fans talk.

Last edited: