2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Interesting isn't it, Grundy can be less value trade wise if Dees take his salary, yet they don't seem to think we have the same option re: Hopper.
Yep. It's a bloody circus when the meedjia starts to take their expertise dump.
Grundypants, premium ruck only worth a second round pick to Colonwood if someone is willing to take all his salary.
Bowes, spud will earn some club a bonus pick seven if someone is willing to take all his salary.
Grasshopper very good mid with knee injury issues must be worth two first round picks because Richmond is willing to take all his salary.

Something stinks every time the meedjia parts their lips in regard to Richmond.

Reactions: 2 users
is anyone ever looking at beyond pick 30? 2 reasons: 1) we could well have our first pick at 30, 2) 80-odd players tend to get drafted, 50 beyond 30. This year more than ever it seems like everybody is flying blind, and this year more than ever theres gold in them thar hills.

Cal twoomey does not know his arse from his elbow beyond round 1. Lazy hazy fantazy. and even then he has Jaspa Fletcher at round 1, I like him, n=but he is not round 1.

Is this this the draft thread or the round 1 draft thread? We will probably not have a round 1 pick, lift!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
is anyone ever looking at beyond pick 30? 2 reasons: 1) we could well have our first pick at 30, 2) 80-odd players tend to get drafted, 50 beyond 30. This year more than ever it seems like everybody is flying blind, and this year more than ever theres gold in them thar hills.

Cal twoomey does not know his arse from his elbow beyond round 1. Lazy hazy fantazy. and even then he has Jaspa Fletcher at round 1, I like him, n=but he is not round 1.

Is this this the draft thread or the round 1 draft thread? We will probably not have a round 1 pick, lift!
100% TS. Due to master Dans lock downs of 20/21 there will absolutely be “WTF”, how did he get picked up at pick 42 moments in the next year or so.

Diamonds in the rough…fingers crossed as we are usually pretty good late pick wise lately.

Reactions: 1 user
100% TS. Due to master Dans lock downs of 20/21 there will absolutely be “WTF”, how did he get picked up at pick 42 moments in the next year or so.

Diamonds in the rough…fingers crossed as we are usually pretty good late pick wise lately.

Sonsie prime example. If we webget 2 picks in thirties there will be sliders.

Darcy Edmonds. He is my sleeper pick. I’m all in.

Reactions: 1 user
Well if goes to port (as suggested he may) and they finish top 4 plus academy and any f/s picks(?) we might end up with a pick in the 20’s. (All hypothetical)
Draft picks are overrated.
Cotch will finish in 2023. Prestia will need to be managed. I’d rather keep him for that sort of return
Looks like you may have your wish there Will. It may also have an impact on the recruitment of Hopper.

Is this this the draft thread or the round 1 draft thread? We will probably not have a round 1 pick, lift
The experts on SEN are saying as few as 50 kids will be drafted this year.

They expect clubs to be trying to trade into next year’s draft which is seen to have a much deeper pool of talent at this stage

The experts on SEN are saying as few as 50 kids will be drafted this year.

They expect clubs to be trying to trade into next year’s draft which is seen to have a much deeper pool of talent at this stage

Yeah, next year's draft is always deep and full of talent.

Next year never arrives.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Like the pub that advertises “free beer tomorrow “
I distinctly recall last year's draft being slated, I reckon it was a bumper crop with serious value in that 40-60 range. This year not quite the depth but there are some potential steals, a player like D'Aloia could be the Jack Graham type bargain, statistically peerless when looking over the SA candidates. A touch of Libba perhaps? I'd give him a shot.

Yeah, next year's draft is always deep and full of talent.

Next year never arrives.

DS
Yep. Funny how every year there's a few players who were taken late in drafts, whether skinny or rich draft years who somehow become good players. Or players who get ignored through several years of drafts get picked up as rookies or mid season selections and become good players.
There's always plenty of talent about every year, sometimes all that's needed is a bit of patience to develop the talent as it matures.

Ben Edwards Claremont caught my eye in the WAFL GF today.

22 yo 180/80 mid forward - super quick and agile, fierce attack on the footy, good motor. Kicking penetration my knock on first impression, but has the tools to compensate. On field he looks like a 2.8sec 20m. Bakes like attack on the ball

My previous smokey from Claremont - anthony davies - ive ruled a line through after a howler decision to try mark from behind in a 1:2 with a goal in it, minutes to go - west perth goal, game over. Its a tough game

I agree snake - bunch of *smile* vic metrophiles

My 3 beyond 30

2 WA competitive animal midgets and a smooth moving blonde kid from Surfers

1. Jed Hagan -East Fremantle 173/75 fwd/mid
2. Ben Edwards - Claremont 180/80 fwd/mid
3. Marlion Corbett - Surfers Paradise 190/80 mid

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Top 3 Names

1. Shadeau Brain
2. Ziggy Toledo
3. Steely Green